• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Gas Fill Up

MVC

Hey fellow carriers. I have posted this before but the run around continues. PM, 204B.... heck, my steward is saying it's not required to full tank when using my rt van for other things... ie... Amazon sunday... running other rts after I return... I'm just sick of it. Is there anything at all other than the Gamble letter to prove this? Anything?
Thanks everyone.

Hey fellow carriers. I have posted this before but the run around continues. PM, 204B.... heck, my steward is saying it's not required to full tank when using my rt van for other things... ie... Amazon sunday... running other rts after I return... I'm just sick of it. Is there anything at all other than the Gamble letter to prove this? Anything?
Thanks everyone.
Why do you feel you need more than the Gamble letter? That states the LLV refueling policy. If your steward isn’t backing you up on this, you need to speak to the NRLCA District Representative. If you don’t know who that is, you can find out here: National Rural Letter Carrier's Association

Why do you feel you need more than the Gamble letter? That states the LLV refueling policy. If your steward isn’t backing you up on this, you need to speak to the NRLCA District Representative. If you don’t know who that is, you can find out here: National Rural Letter Carrier's Association
Hi, just wanted to know if there was anything else because I have used the Gamble letter and they say it doesn't apply. Which I know it does.
Thank you, I will continue to try and get someone higher up to listen.

Hi, just wanted to know if there was anything else because I have used the Gamble letter and they say it doesn't apply. Which I know it does.
Then file and smile. And record all additional time you needed to fill your vehicle. Document it and let them know you are recording the time for payment.

Who is "they" ? And it does apply and "they" , regardless of who all "they" encompasses will like it. Also, since you have used / cited The Gamble Letter and that documentation has been ignored , might as well file a SECOND and ACCOMPANYING grievance citing this from Article 15 of The Nat'l Agreement which, in part, states ;
Section 1. General Policy
Grievances which are filed pursuant to this Article are to be
processed and adjudicated based on the principle of resolving
such grievances at the lowest possible level in an expeditious
manner
, insuring that all facts and issues are identified and
considered by both parties

Who is "they" ? And it does apply and "they" , regardless of who all "they" encompasses will like it. Also, since you have used / cited The Gamble Letter and that documentation has been ignored , might as well file a SECOND and ACCOMPANYING grievance citing this from Article 15 of The Nat'l Agreement which, in part, states ;
Section 1. General Policy
Grievances which are filed pursuant to this Article are to be
processed and adjudicated based on the principle of resolving
such grievances at the lowest possible level in an expeditious
manner
, insuring that all facts and issues are identified and
considered by both parties
Might need to file a first grievance...

MVC -- [ Gas fill ups ] "Hi, just wanted to know if there was anything else because I have used the Gamble letter and they say it doesn't apply. Which I know it does."

-- Aside from common curtesy, then no. Step 4 ( L-101 ) should be sufficient!

-- If your office steward says Step 4 ( L-101 ) does not apply, see what your Assistant District Representative has to say. If not happy with the ADR's reply, take it to your District Representative. If the same with the DR, take it to the Director of Steward Operations at NRLCA HQ. Name names!

-- Ask your office steward what part of "...and other users MUST return the vehicle with a FULL TANK of gas?" he/she does not understand.

-- It is not often that "MUST" is part of a Step 4. Don't let it be wasted.

-- With each denied grievance, request an escalating monetary penalty. Maybe that will get someone's attention at District.

-- Good luck.

Besides all this, I find this thread useful:

RRECS doesn't account for additional vehicle use. When determining gas station stops per week, the vehicle mileage should be used to help determine total stops and not the current formula: route mileage times six days divided by 100. Current RRECS assumes each vehicle is only used for route delivery. As we all know, vehicles are used for everything under the sun from Sunday delivery to management lunch runs. If anything, if you're having to make more gas station trips per week than what your RRECS evaluation states then grieve for those additional trips to be added to your RRECS. Don't forget to factor in mileage if you have to deviate to a gas station that isn't located on your line of travel.

Going forward, a grievance should be filed for the additional fueling.

What your steward will need going forward is your vehicle's total mileage per work week, and also deviation miles to refuel if it applies.

Don't accept from management "oh, well, no need for grievance. We'll make sure your vehicle is fueled every Sunday." This is an evaluation oversight now. Hold the USPS responsible for not paying you.

Just an update to this.
My steward will not back me on this. ADR says nope, not a thing now. I have a call into District Representative. My Rrecs fueling time is 9.87 mins per week and union trying to say amazon sunday is built in to my rt standards even tho 3 other rts are run using my rts van. Make it make sense pleaseee. 😔 Dirty deeds my friends...

Just an update to this.
My steward will not back me on this. ADR says nope, not a thing now. I have a call into District Representative. My Rrecs fueling time is 9.87 mins per week and union trying to say amazon sunday is built in to my rt standards even tho 3 other rts are run using my rts van. Make it make sense pleaseee. 😔 Dirty deeds my friends...
Seriously, call nrlca headquarters and tell them that. Your DR will get a speed dial call about performance.

Just an update to this.
I seem to remember for an LLV Fill Ups are based on 100 miles per fill up. This was on our old evaluation system.

Just an update to this.
Make it make sense...PLEASE. 🙄🙄🙄🙄
THIS WILL NNNNEEEEEVVVVEEEERRRR
HAPPEN....that is something most postal mgmt is incapable of doing. Keep taking it up the ladder....but dont hold your breath....our union is PATHETIC, but as of today, the only avenue to recourse we have...

The only fix I have found for this is not fueling up whenever possible. I will leave it quarter tank or less on a Saturday I work and wouldn't ya know it either they don't take the truck or they fill it up out of necessity. You could probably get real petty with it and purposely fill it up with just enough gas to get you through the week. I haven't read anything about fueling but does it stipulate you need to fill it until full? Does it say you can't stop and pump a quarter tank every day if you want to? The ol' don't get mad get even comes to mind. The depths of my pettiness knows no bounds.

The only fix I have found for this is not fueling up whenever possible. I will leave it quarter tank or less on a Saturday I work and wouldn't ya know it either they don't take the truck or they fill it up out of necessity. You could probably get real petty with it and purposely fill it up with just enough gas to get you through the week. I haven't read anything about fueling but does it stipulate you need to fill it until full? Does it say you can't stop and pump a quarter tank every day if you want to? The ol' don't get mad get even comes to mind. The depths of my pettiness knows no bounds.
Spoken like a TRUE RURAL CARRIER....who has been used, and ABUSED by our SOCIOPATHIC good ol postal mgmt. GIVE EM SOME RURAL TRAINING!!!! Tell em Shannonboy says HI, and that they are FIRED!!!!🤣😂😁🤠

As a sub I did this on the aux 😂. Never hit 100 miles just doing aux 6 days a week. Filled it up before I started Sunday, then filled it up again when done. Few Sundays I did not work, no one used the metris worked like a charm.

Back