• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

getting a saturday off.

johnwayne

because of shortage of rcas..and the 6 month inability to hire new ones...i have fridays off instead of saturdays. Trying to get vacation days including Saturday. Pm tells me i have to submit it in writing. Remote office has no leave slips. Clerk claims they were ordered 3 months ago. Office computer is also inoperable(side note..i thought all offices had to do things on the computer every day..guess not.) So cant print any leave slips. Pm also claims she has to get senior carrier to sign off to work the Saturday I want off. Of course, he is the office pet who doesnt like anyone but himself. I should be able to get a Saturday off without 2 peoples approval shouldnt I?

johnwayne -- " Remote office has no leave slips. "

-- That is a slam dunk grievance. Show manglement Section 142.3 of the PO-603.

"Office computer is also inoperable(side note..i thought all offices had to do things on the computer every day..guess not.) "

-- The computer is used to input pay data and submit required daily reports ( supposedly ) - among other things. District may show up looking for the reason no reports have been coming from the PM.

"Pm also claims she has to get senior carrier to sign off to work the Saturday I want off. "

-- Have the Assistant District Representative ask the PM why!

-- Be sure to thank "Bud Budderly" for the link. Pass it along to others in the office.

because of shortage of rcas..and the 6 month inability to hire new ones...i have fridays off instead of saturdays. Trying to get vacation days including Saturday. Pm tells me i have to submit it in writing. Remote office has no leave slips. Clerk claims they were ordered 3 months ago. Office computer is also inoperable(side note..i thought all offices had to do things on the computer every day..guess not.) So cant print any leave slips. Pm also claims she has to get senior carrier to sign off to work the Saturday I want off. Of course, he is the office pet who doesnt like anyone but himself. I should be able to get a Saturday off without 2 peoples approval shouldnt I?
leave slips:

You'll probably have to grieve it immediately.

Grievance: denied leave, denied forms(leave, grievance)

If your K day is Saturday. Then you only need to request Fri or Mon.
being this is under leave replacements, i'm thinking that the one asking the question is an rca. a regular carrier does have to sign off on giving a normally scheduled rca, a day off, and is agreeing to trade days, straight up, with no overtime payable to them, for this to happen. or so, it says in the contract. - no one's been through this before?

You should. Sounds like PM is an incompetent and has pants on fire with gasoline underwear.

Last edited:
9.2.c.5.j- looks like the pm knows what there doing

j. Without recourse to Article 8.5, the Employer may
allow a regular rural carrier to work on his or her
relief day in order to grant the leave replacement
scheduled to serve the regular’s route, the day
off, provided:

(1) The leave replacement has submitted a writ-
ten request to be non-scheduled or to have
leave on the regular’s relief day;
(2) The regular rural carrier has signed the
request, thereby indicating agreement; and
(3) The regular rural carrier and the Employer
have agreed that compensation for working
the relief day will only be an X day to be
immediately scheduled by mutual agreement.

The scheduled X day must be within the next
twelve (12) weeks. PS Form 3971 will be
completed for the mutually agreed X day and the
scheduled X day will be given the same consider-
ation as approved annual leave. A part-time flexi-
ble rural carrier is not entitled to the route’s
evaluated hours for any day the Employer has
granted his or her request to be non-scheduled.

Back