• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

I must work in the worst office ever

Wow.
In future, I'd take my concerns to management and request they deal with it.
You don't get paid enough to deal with that.

I've worked with some fairly immature people over the years.
Limiting interaction is the best way to go. I only interacted in front of witnesses, and if it was absolutely necessary.
Expect this infant to run you down behind your back.
(I ignored it. If someone wanted to know the truth, they can come and ask me. If they want to believe the gossip, that's on them.)

People are acting like two year olds and so self centered it is unbelievable and when you call them on anything they start crying and accuse you of harassment

The first office I worked at was a nightmare, It was like being back in high school. This is why Ieft to be an ARC. From the regulars teling you to be quiet when you are casing, just because I said hello and tried to be polite, to have a clerck though a package on my face, my ankle being run by a gondola, and an afternoon sup who hated me for no reason, as I was new. I feel your pain.

Now she is threatening me though a friend that she is turning me in for harassment. She cry’s everytime she doe not get her way. I told management for the last year that they have a issue with her and I am not the only one to mention it it was even brought up in a stand up talk once about a month ago

She also tried to get this individual to write a statement against me he told her he wasn’t present that day so no he wouldn’t then she sad she would get her friend to do it she was not present at the time either

This is the stuff you need to ignore.

She is passive-aggressive, will not ever stand up for what she believes. (That would make it possible to act like a mature person and fix things leading to friction. That's NOT what she wants. She wants everything her way, and she wants you to get back into line.)

She is using others to carry her water.

Let it roll off your back.

Start keeping a log, like a work diary.
Date each entry.
Just make an entry if any issues arise.
(Don't leave it where anyone else can access it. )
She will likely shoot herself in the foot if she keeps messing with you.

At the start of your log include an entry detailing the current problem, your notice to management of same, and everything else you can remember about it. Show what you have done to try to better the situation. (Remember, management is tasked with maintaining a safe, non-threatening work environment. Make sure your notes show they were put on notice.)

Last edited:
I do expect her to run me down, she has actually started but I believe everyone in the office is pretty well fed up with their actions. I have gone to management they do nothing
So management has long been aware and doesn't correct. They know what right looks like, yet seemingly condone employee toxic friction in the workplace. At face value, management is producing, if not directing, a rural reality drama for their own grits and shins.

Not sure what others that are more seasoned would say, but could you not make a complain with the union? One of my coworkers did that because she was always bucking heads with the sup.

Good news she upped her anti depressant meds. The only thing is that four people in my direct area are on some form of medication for mental issues and I am so over it. I did not sign up to work in these kind of conditions I know she can’t help it, but shouldn’t she have to make some kind of effort to say something nice to the people around her that are affected by her episodes

Good news she upped her anti depressant meds. The only thing is that four people in my direct area are on some form of medication for mental issues and I am so over it. I did not sign up to work in these kind of conditions I know she can’t help it, but shouldn’t she have to make some kind of effort to say something nice to the people around her that are affected by her episodes
Thank you for all the support and helpful suggestions I appreciate them more than you know in the area I work there are four individuals who have somekind of mental issue of some sort and they all feed off each other and I am finding it hard to deal
Have you considered moving to another office?
If you are an RCA, it's easy.

Back