• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

I noticed something today on the RDWL list....

Windindaface

The official MOTHERSHIP printing of RDWL posting in our cluster has a listing date from OCT 2018 to OCT 2019, rather than the 6 month window. An obvious contract violation or is there some MOU I'm not aware of?

The only reason I noticed is 204B approached me today when I returned about others in RMPOs bailing off list and what their options are in short coverage office. Gave them a run down on my limited knowledge to their questions and told them to ask in house STEW when they return from vaycay on Thursday.

Speaking of the RDWL (and there's no MOU that I'm aware of that removed the requirement to post the list twice a year, to answer @Windindaface's question): does anyone know how a carrier NOT on the RDWL is compensated for working their relief day?

The official MOTHERSHIP printing of RDWL posting in our cluster has a listing date from OCT 2018 to OCT 2019, rather than the 6 month window. An obvious contract violation or is there some MOU I'm not aware of?

The only reason I noticed is 204B approached me today when I returned about others in RMPOs bailing off list and what their options are in short coverage office. Gave them a run down on my limited knowledge to their questions and told them to ask in house STEW when they return from vaycay on Thursday.

The new sign-up time for the RDWL will be in a few weeks & takes effect on the first full pay period in May starting from the top of Seniority. The rules have not changed & is still twice a year. That time period is the Guarantee year period we are in now. A carrier can get off the list at any time IF they are not already scheduled & They cannot get back on the list until the next sign-up period.

The new sign-up time for the RDWL will be in a few weeks & takes effect on the first full pay period in May starting from the top of Seniority. The rules have not changed & is still twice a year. That time period is the Guarantee year period we are in now. A carrier can get off the list at any time IF they are not already scheduled & They cannot get back on the list until the next sign-up period.

*** that may change in the alleged new contract.

USPS wanted to do away with DACA 3s & 5s and just pay the daily evaluation without any additional .compensation.

Not likely any changes would happen prior to the next RDWL posting deadline but it is the NRLCA representing us.

*** that may change in the alleged new contract.

USPS wanted to do away with DACA 3s & 5s and just pay the daily evaluation without any additional .compensation.

Not likely any changes would happen prior to the next RDWL posting deadline but it is the NRLCA representing us.
haha and no Christmas overtime. I feel "ihatesnow" won't have to wait long for a route if the contract says, "We agreed to no Daca 3 and 5 and also no Christmas overtime. We also aren't giving you one of the biggest colas ever that you guys missed because we can't get a contract done. We did get you the privilege of increasing your union dues by 5 percent but only for the table two employees." That will open a lot of routes from carriers driving off a cliff.

Windindaface -- "The official MOTHERSHIP printing of RDWL posting in our cluster has a listing date from OCT 2018 to OCT 2019, rather than the 6 month window. An obvious contract violation or is there some MOU I'm not aware of?"

-- Article 8.5 -- Relief Day Worked -- lists the time frames for signing up on the RDWL. Should be still in force until affected by a new contract or arbitration award.

-- No new MOU's currently out there ( as far as we know, considering who puts them out )

-- Unknown if the "news item" about the NRLCA offer to the USPS changes things.

-- The NRLCA seems to think the RDWL is important, as it was the topic for the Question Box section of the April and October issues of the national magazine.

I have yet to find in writing were itvsays you can take yourself off of the RDWL. Everything I have read says until the guarantee period is over. Please show me were this is in writing..

also see the April 2014 edition of the union magazine which is accessible on nrlca.org. go to steward operations, then magazine q&a by topic.

I have yet to find in writing were itvsays you can take yourself off of the RDWL. Everything I have read says until the guarantee period is over. Please show me were this is in writing..
There is not a document per se but it is listed in the Union Mag Q & A. I can’t recall if it says that on the actual RDWL as I don’t have access to a copy at this moment.

mrhawk1971, gotstamps et al -- [ removing name for RDWL ]

-- Question Box section of the April 2019 national magazine.

- Q -- Can I ever take my name off the Relief Day Work List?

- A -- Yes. You may remove your name from the list at any time, if not already scheduled to work the relief day, and your name will remain off the list until the next opportunity arises to sign the list as outlined in Article 8.5.A above.

Write a line through your name on the list and ask for your pm to initial it, if he won't, round date it. When scheduled after that time grieve and ask for double, triple... pay, each time you are scheduled to work your relief day. This will either earn you a lot of $ or it will stop.
Your pm may mandate you, however, if you are junior to other carriers with the same relief day, and you will be required to work anyway. If that is the case I would suggest staying on the RDWL.

Ok folks, I guess I should have worded it differently, there is no were in writing in the contract, po 603, or ELM. That is what I'm looking for.

This is an agreement between the USPS and the NRLCA as to what contract changes mean.

Look at section 8.5 for your information.

Question 6..

mrhawk1971 -- "Ok folks, I guess I should have worded it differently, there is no were in writing in the contract, po 603, or ELM. That is what I'm looking for."

-- If you are not satisfied with the wording in the NRLCA ( official ) national magazine, please keep looking and pass along whatever you find.

Speaking of the RDWL (and there's no MOU that I'm aware of that removed the requirement to post the list twice a year, to answer @Windindaface's question): does anyone know how a carrier NOT on the RDWL is compensated for working their relief day?
Only choice is daca 3. See order of consideration section 6b

Attachments

• Order of Consideration (1).pdf
    378 KB · Views: 4
Back