• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Is there any news about the union fighting the wage theft created with RRECs?

Descatusat

Active member
We've been wondering in my office how the PO is getting away with this scenario;

We have routes that were 48+ before RRECs, then were cut to a 44k after the first wave and then frozen. Those routes were paid at a locked 44 hour salary for nearly two years and are now back with results showing that they were actually still 47Ks or 48Ks the entire time. So they've clearly been shorted for the last 20 months or so. Okay, that's not the biggest deal. What is a big deal is that we have already been told our second cuts are now coming and the routes will be pulled back down to 44. So not only were these routes underpaid this entire time that the system says they were underpaid, but now they're being cut again and will still not see the fair pay that the routes have been evaluated to be that entire time. Those routes will see 2 or 3 checks at best at that rate and then be told they're frozen at 44 again without any possible way of knowing if it is accurate this time.

Bottom line is that this is blatant, clear as day, wage theft. It's not even arguable. So, does anyone have any word on whether the union is doing something about this? It should very obviously be illegal to anyone who's paying attention, but the question is whether anyone in a position of power in NRLCA cares.
 
The parties have mutually agreed to discuss it at their next golf outing. 🤡

That's why they keep refusing to cut overburdened routes. Let the carriers work for free. Yes wage theft is illegal. Add to the list of illegal things USPS does and never answers for.

I for one would like to know why routes are "Frozen" at all. Aren't the guaranteed salaries and mathematical extrapolation of the evaluation data the intelligent answer during the interim?
 
They agreed on the freezing of routes as a part of that agreement whatever evals come back as. Carriers will not be required to pay back for being overpaid or be paid if underpaid. As one who came back after 14 months as a 48k again I am good with it. No one needs or deserves a letter of demand for overpayment in life right now or ever.
 
It would go nowhere just like the grievance regarding increased parcel volume during Covid. Very few are actually working more hours than their paid evaluation, there is no "wage theft" in literal terms.
 
It would go nowhere just like the grievance regarding increased parcel volume during Covid. Very few are actually working more hours than their paid evaluation, there is no "wage theft" in literal terms.
I disagree. We are basically a piece count for payment. The more pieces we handle. The more you should get paid. The time it take to complete the job is irrelevant.
 
They agreed on the freezing of routes as a part of that agreement whatever evals come back as. Carriers will not be required to pay back for being overpaid or be paid if underpaid. As one who came back after 14 months as a 48k again I am good with it. No one needs or deserves a letter of demand for overpayment in life right now or ever.
The route I'm currently on was previously an aux route that management added territory to and called it a 43k. As a regular I bid on the route as soon as it opened for bidding. 13 months later the route, which didn't substantially change since mangagement deemed it a 43k has since been evaluated at 48k. In case you weren't following, that means I worked a 48k route for 13 months at the 43 rate. Management did this. I don't give a rats ass if management is overpaying over evaluated routes, that's a lick on them. What I do have a problem with is giving USPS five hours of free labor each and every week over the last 27 pay periods.
 
The route I'm currently on was previously an aux route that management added territory to and called it a 43k. As a regular I bid on the route as soon as it opened for bidding. 13 months later the route, which didn't substantially change since mangagement deemed it a 43k has since been evaluated at 48k. In case you weren't following, that means I worked a 48k route for 13 months at the 43 rate. Management did this. I don't give a rats ass if management is overpaying over evaluated routes, that's a lick on them. What I do have a problem with is giving USPS five hours of free labor each and every week over the last 27 pay periods.
I understand your angst. My experience on this route got it as a J route, 5 months later first mms went to 46k. Massive mistakes on prior regs end edit book and mapping wise. Next mms 48k, went to 64+ standard hours got cut shortly before following mms. Spent 14 months as 43k now I’m at 58 hrs standard. I track my hours worked vs paid religiously. Not once have I worked close to standard hours. We also lost Amazon after this last mms. No plans to cut, if it helps you track your actual hours worked vs what you get paid. It may change your outlook or opinion on this matter. Look at this entire thing as a craft not individual standpoint a big picture if you will. It helps far more than it hurts just going off national average worked vs paid hours.
 
It would go nowhere just like the grievance regarding increased parcel volume during Covid. Very few are actually working more hours than their paid evaluation, there is no "wage theft" in literal terms.

The biggest issue with this step 4 grievance was our GREAT ONION was decided to argue using a different article than they should have. 1000% why we lost it.

USPS claimed mail volume was down so much it cancel it out. My argument was if mail volume was down so much as they claimed, then why did the standard double for mail???? I thought volume was down......
 
What I do have a problem with is giving USPS five hours of free labor each and every week over the last 27 pay periods.
The number I'd like to see is the number of routes that have been adjusted since the signing of the MOU and the number of routes that were adjusted in the five years before the MOU.
 
The number I'd like to see is the number of routes that have been adjusted since the signing of the MOU and the number of routes that were adjusted in the five years before the MOU.
Yeah.....wouldnt that be something. Unfortunately it will never happen my friend....😐🙄🙄🤠
 
Back
Top