• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Mapping... How do you get it done in your office?

Withregret

New member
Our office has only done full route mapping once since rrecs started. Since then, only called in to map new addresses and there never seems to be enough time to sit down for the full route. We're a small office where management is often gone or leaving when we return. I'd like to hear how mapping gets done in your offices.

When is mgmt allowing you to map?

Do you have to push the issue with mgmt or does mgmt approach you to map?

Where do you find the time?
 
Management has to schedule us monthly.
We have to push.
We have filed grievances.
I always map under Return2du, on a Tuesday or thursday (lighter volume) I take my time. I ask questions. I review all the numbers, compare with the previous month, then I fix anything that has changed (dpm example = anchored boxes and dismount distances) (LTM example = alt routes, cul-de-sacs, and hilly routes I ask for a collaborated car to ride the route, or use the numbers from the previous collaborated vehicle assessment, or i will file a grievance/ dispute)
 
Last edited:
If you ask and they fail to schedule, file a grievance. Let your DR work with the district to find a solution. Give written notice with round date( keep a copy) notate on 4240 your request. If not granted in 13 days - file. Don't wait the 14 days.

And thanks for being awesome enough to try to get your correct rrecs evaluation.
 
If your route doesn't see changes, mapping is simple to keep up. Be sure your edit book is totally accurate as well. Also be certain your dismounts are properly recorded in DPM. For those with changing routes, it's obviously more time and effort. Don't let this slip as it's an important component of your evaluation.
 
you have to file a grievence , and do the whole thing every month. it adds alot of time to your evaluation. Do not let them tell you that you only have to do the updates. also do the line of travel, they keep taking away a stop sign on me every month.
Interesting point -- we have decent management in one of our offices, and stop signs keep disappearing. Management insists they aren't altering anything. I read in the instructions that if a carrier doesn't stop consistently at a stop sign fully, that stop sign goes away systemically. So if you're gliding through you have to go into the system and replace the stop sign every month.
 
Interesting point -- we have decent management in one of our offices, and stop signs keep disappearing. Management insists they aren't altering anything. I read in the instructions that if a carrier doesn't stop consistently at a stop sign fully, that stop sign goes away systemically. So if you're gliding through you have to go into the system and replace the stop sign every month.
i started hydrating at every TCP a while back - that's a good 3 - 5 seconds, i've timed it.

no stop or yield signs have disappeared since.
 
Interesting point -- we have decent management in one of our offices, and stop signs keep disappearing. Management insists they aren't altering anything. I read in the instructions that if a carrier doesn't stop consistently at a stop sign fully, that stop sign goes away systemically. So if you're gliding through you have to go into the system and replace the stop sign every month.
It's based on breadcrumbs that have an accuracy of 2-35 feet. It's going to be wrong.
 
The problem is you are only paid for 2.5 seconds for a stop sign. Make it make sense.
I think I’d heard, the stop signs went higher than that? Weren’t they like .5 seconds at the begening?
I don’t recall any numbers, but wasn’t it closer to 5 seconds per stop sign?
 
Interesting point -- we have decent management in one of our offices, and stop signs keep disappearing. Management insists they aren't altering anything. I read in the instructions that if a carrier doesn't stop consistently at a stop sign fully, that stop sign goes away systemically. So if you're gliding through you have to go into the system and replace the stop sign every month.
OMG!
 
Our office has only done full route mapping once since rrecs started. Since then, only called in to map new addresses and there never seems to be enough time to sit down for the full route. We're a small office where management is often gone or leaving when we return. I'd like to hear how mapping gets done in your offices.

When is mgmt allowing you to map?

Do you have to push the issue with mgmt or does mgmt approach you to map?

Where do you find the time?
 
Interesting point -- we have decent management in one of our offices, and stop signs keep disappearing. Management insists they aren't altering anything. I read in the instructions that if a carrier doesn't stop consistently at a stop sign fully, that stop sign goes away systemically. So if you're gliding through you have to go into the system and replace the stop sign every month.
I asked this specific question to my DR and was told that this wouldn't happen, once mapped they stay a TCP. So here we go again getting conflicting answers. What you are saying was my understanding of how it works but you would think that my DR would have the latest ruling on this. So here I am lost again when searching for an accurate answer.
 
Back
Top