• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

New comprehensive rrecs guide 4/1 on NRLCA.org

They just posted a revised rrecs guide on the union website.
This one is 100 pages.
God forbid the union gets it right the first time after 7 years of preparing for rrecs.
What a joke.
This entire roll out of rrecs has been a complete disaster and I fear it isn’t over yet.
No April s fool here. The blatant disregard of laws is at an all time high. Gas lighting and bullying won't turn this tide. Stay strong in the darkness created by a fearful association that can't do the job. Can't deliver mail or equal pay. Just go away already.

They continuing their practice of locking non-members out? 😜 It’s funny, I believe I’m the only non-union member in my office, PM mentioned yesterday that myself and one other carrier are the only ones in the office doing the scans as they should be done.
your pm comments would give me a tick,,, if he's not blowing up, i feel like i m doing something wrong...

They just posted a revised rrecs guide on the union website.
This one is 100 pages.
God forbid the union gets it right the first time after 7 years of preparing for rrecs.
What a joke.
This entire roll out of rrecs has been a complete disaster and I fear it isn’t over yet.

Boy oh boy. This is so a college assignment that was turned in last second. The union & USPS thought it was an A+, but it turned out to be an ultra dare I SAY MEGA FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder how people are just ready to give and say screw it. This is getting ridiculous. Constantly changing things on us what CARRIERPU, DOORMISC, & others mean. This is just so dumb. Maybe they should change layout on the scanner just to screw with us even more. Sounds even more fun.

They continuing their practice of locking non-members out? 😜 It’s funny, I believe I’m the only non-union member in my office, PM mentioned yesterday that myself and one other carrier are the only ones in the office doing the scans as they should be done.

It's funny I seem to know more about it than most union people in my area.

But I thought point of union was to have its members succeed and with their logic, we don't care about non-members. Another reason I can't stand this union.

They treat RCAs like crap. Their logic is dumb. They can't take criticism on Facebook. I could keep going but I will stop there.

Last edited:
I ran a 'diff' (side by side comparison of the two documents). Here are the key differences I saw, possible I missed something though. Old in blue, new in red where applicable.

DPS review process (pg 67)
RRECS will eliminate the need for Formal Reviews of DPS
RRECS will decrease the need for Formal Reviews of DPS
Goes on to describe process for DPS review

Parcel delivery (pg 70)
The distance is measured n a straight line from the DD to the Door location where the building is accessed.
The distance is measured n a straight line from the DD to the Door location where parcel is delivered

Loading time (pg 74)
Details about loading from the floor, counts for second trips too.

RRECS scans (pg 75)
Changed the ordering and details for some of the scans. Added lunch scans.

RRECS End of shift (pg 78)
Added
18. Weigh, Rate and Affix Postage to Parcels received on route

-------------- Edit -----------------------
As Deer Smearer noted below, also exclude WSS/boxholder letters from random letters. pg 66

A few other small differences on page 66, don't effectively change anything: Further define a sidewalk box and explicitly mention hardships in dismount delivery.

Last edited:
I ran a 'diff' (side by side comparison of the two documents). Here are the key differences I saw, possible I missed something though. Old in blue, new in red where applicable.

Parcel delivery (pg 70)
The distance is measured n a straight line from the DD to the Door location where the building is accessed.
The distance is measured n a straight line from the DD to the Door location where parcel is delivered

Loading time (pg 74)
Details about loading from the floor, counts for second trips too.

RRECS scans (pg 75)
Changed the ordering and details for some of the scans. Added lunch scans.

RRECS End of shift (pg 78)
Added
18. Weigh, Rate and Affix Postage to Parcels received on route
Page 66

Added the exclusion of WSS/boxholder letters from random mail.

How many documents are we supposed to read and study while off the clock?

A 100 page guide ? A 250+ Q and A document ? The multiple things I have gotten mailed to me about what the scans do ?

If it is this complicated they need to pay every Regular and RCA 8 hours to attend a class to learn this stuff.

I am not a member but I can access this new guide. Where it says, members can access here in red, just click. Guide pops up

So, we can now request DPS review under RRECS, maybe its best to request one now.

"The time allowances on the street for this category closely resembles those of large parcels. S033, S034, S047, S048F and S048V are applied exactly as they would be with large parcels taken to the door. S033, S034, S047 and S048F are credited once for each trip to the address‐regardless of how many parcels and or accountable items are delivered. S048V is applied for each piece after the first."

This is under Accountable mail on page 72. So I am guessing that the system knows to not credit us with multiple dismounts, multiple footages, etc... I've been scanning all parcel separately for door delivery with the hope of individual credit. Guess I was wro.........umm....wron..........uh...........wrong?

Back