• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

New misinformed delivery talk today?

Windindaface

Perhaps someone here who has Misinformed delivery can look into this a little further.

Anybody have the chat today?

There is a new feature for misinformed delivery customers if an item needs a signature by them. This new program allows the misinformed customer to allow us to deliver the item. We scan the item and if the customer approved the signing thing the scanner should automatically allow you to deliver the item to their requested location.

I being an eager seeker of any new info provided by them asked...Has this new non present signing feature been explained as to what passes for this service? "I don't know." Is this only for signature tracking items? "I think so. Take a look at the sheet hand out images." (I left it at the office) What if the item is a Certified with a return Receipt? Are we to deliver it? "No".

Someone else caught on about dragging this out a little longer and ineptness of our team and this new program. asked, What if ADULT signature? will this be delivered from info you have from customer data base ? "I don't know"

From there it went to a chime in show, with management finally saying.... Can't tell you how many calls I get about misinformed delivery and explaining to customers. Just because you got the image does not mean it is here today. It should be but more than likely it was sent to another office if you did not get it is our response now.

No stand up talk but I let carriers know what was going on. It's only priority express, signature confirmation and insurance over $500.

I haven't encountered it in the field yet but I do have a question that doesn't seem to be addressed by the news story that's been out for a while. When we scan the barcode the signature is supposed to populate the field much like the address populates those fields for most certifieds.

The question is - Will it automatically jump to the "delivered" section of the scanner menus? Do we have to check the "delivered" first to see if a signature pops up? If not, then we have to go back to the "Attempted" section?

This seems like it might add more menu shuffling with no additional time credit for the added function.

No stand up talk but I let carriers know what was going on. It's only priority express, signature confirmation and insurance over $500.

I haven't encountered it in the field yet but I do have a question that doesn't seem to be addressed by the news story that's been out for a while. When we scan the barcode the signature is supposed to populate the field much like the address populates those fields for most certifieds.

The question is - Will it automatically jump to the "delivered" section of the scanner menus? Do we have to check the "delivered" first to see if a signature pops up? If not, then we have to go back to the "Attempted" section?

This seems like it might add more menu shuffling with no additional time credit for the added function.

Sounds like the USPS will do anything to cheat time away from a Carriers Evaluation!

Express, signature confirmation, and insurance over $500. Gee, what can possibly go wrong with that?

The merchant can opt out of allowing the e-signature if they want the parcel to be put into the customer's hands, but I wonder how many will go through the trouble to do so. Seems to me this feature is negating the service that's being paid for in the first place. If you're paying for any of those 3 options (except express waiver of signature), you are specifically saying you want the item put into the recipient's hands. Why pay extra just to have your item delivered to the box or front door just like first class or priority? Isn't the sender the customer here?

Wait until that expensive piece of jewelry is stolen, or something perishable is eaten by bears or is ruined. The recipients will be the ones to complain, but will the merchants hold them responsible for overriding their shipping choices?

So the RRECS crew is aware of this? LMAO.

I understand under RRECS we will be pushing more options into the scammer in hopes of EVAL credit. But how will we be able to verify these new tasks that come from some twisted brain child who claim they can improve our delivery standards?

We had the talk yesterday and the first thing I thought of was this is the FIRST step in the direction of eliminating accountable time credit for the items that qualify thus far. Once their foot is in the door, the rest of the accountable items will follow to where we no longer receive the credit for them as we know it now. Then I thought of all that could go wrong with items being mis- delivered, stolen, or retrived by one person at the address and lost, hidden, etc. depending upon the circumstance. If I recall correctly, it is the MAILER that requests / opts for this service and not the recipient. Nonetheless, this has train wreck written all over it from all kinds of angles.

We had the talk yesterday and the first thing I thought of was this is the FIRST step in the direction of eliminating accountable time credit for the items that qualify thus far. Once their foot is in the door, the rest of the accountable items will follow to where we no longer receive the credit for them as we know it now. Then I thought of all that could go wrong with items being mis- delivered, stolen, or retrived by one person at the address and lost, hidden, etc. depending upon the circumstance. If I recall correctly, it is the MAILER that requests / opts for this service and not the recipient. Nonetheless, this has train wreck written all over it from all kinds of angles.
No, the first step was taking away special delivery service. The second was automatically waiving all express mail unless mailer marks item for a signature. The third was raising the signature signing limits on insured mail to over $500. The fourth was informed delivery "theory of practicum" pictures by machines, thereby bypassing carriers need to do additional duties.
Btw, the team whom tried to create the presorted, automated plastic bundle system studied 18 years ago...is now the team that built Amazon's robotic warehouse sourcing robots. The one that pulls all the purchases for an address and takes them to a person to verify. Thank goodness we paid them millions to work out the details on that private contract with Amazon.

All -- [ Electronic signature for "mis-informed" delivery items ]

-- "blamethesub's" "Gee, what can possibly go wrong with that?" says it all!!

-- How many postings have we seen in which the customer has called in saying an item shown on the "mis-informed" delivery mail app WASN'T delivered that day?

-- "Wilco183" seems to have a good idea about covering one's assets.

-- Along "neciat's" posting, no doubt the USPS's main concern is making the customer's postal experience as less painful as possible. The prospects of carriers losing any credit was the farthest thing from the USPS's mind. ( wink, wink, Probably considered by postal hierarchy as a "win-win" ( for them )).

-- Or as "Gotrope" noted, the slippery slope has just gotten another banana peel.

So the RRECS crew is aware of this? LMAO.

I understand under RRECS we will be pushing more options into the scammer in hopes of EVAL credit. But how will we be able to verify these new tasks that come from some twisted brain child who claim they can improve our delivery standards?
We used to be forbidden from hanging parcels on mail boxes... to avoid payin' parcels to the door under RRECS.... parcels will now be REQUIRED to be hung on mailboxes.... :rolleyes:

You'll all be treated the same... no disparate treatment here... you're all gonna be 40H.... ?

We used to be forbidden from hanging parcels on mail boxes... to avoid payin' parcels to the door under RRECS.... parcels will now be REQUIRED to be hung on mailboxes.... :rolleyes:

You'll all be treated the same... no disparate treatment here... you're all gonna be 40H.... ?

You could have a point on this, the district over from us all carriers are not to go into no driveways at all, if the driveway is not walkable for packages or pickups, they are to leave a notice for packages, pickups are to be located at mailboxes. Wonder how this will work out. I couldn't help but laugh my ass off on this, what will they think of next. I can see phones ringing off the hooks for this one. First, we slow down first-class mail piss everyone off because their bills won't make it on time then they get charged late fees and hence we lose customers to pay bills online, but yet they claim it has to do with the technology of the internet or were many pushed to it? Second, they lower wages and now we have to deal with crappy service. Third, if this is a new experiment how customers will respond or Ploom woke up with a hangover from hell. Order from PO and just pick it up at the station is our new slogan no more door delivery.

You could have a point on this, the district over from us all carriers are not to go into no driveways at all, if the driveway is not walkable for packages or pickups, they are to leave a notice for packages, pickups are to be located at mailboxes. Wonder how this will work out. I couldn't help but laugh my ass off on this, what will they think of next. I can see phones ringing off the hooks for this one. First, we slow down first-class mail piss everyone off because their bills won't make it on time then they get charged late fees and hence we lose customers to pay bills online, but yet they claim it has to do with the technology of the internet or were many pushed to it? Second, they lower wages and now we have to deal with crappy service. Third, if this is a new experiment how customers will respond or Ploom woke up with a hangover from hell. Order from PO and just pick it up at the station is our new slogan no more door delivery.
We had the same thing happen here a few months ago. They issued a district-wide directive preventing us from using private driveways to effect delivery of parcels and accountables. They were trying to require everyone to dismount at the box and walk up to one-half mile. This was a clear misinterpretation of the contract language.

Well, this went to step 3 district-wide class action and they lost. They had to rescind the district policy and addendum.

The parties agreed that the language in the PO 603 331.21 regarding the distance of one-half mile refers to the distance from the mail receptacle that a rural carrier is required to DRIVE to effect delivery of a parcel or accountable item. There was a safety talk given to all rural carriers stating: "if the carrier determines that it is an unreasonable walking distance they need to be sure that the vehicle can safely enter and exit the driveway." At no time may the rural carrier back out of a driveway.

Back