well aware.And at the moment that's expected to expire next year for AL and go back to 55 in 2028 since it's only a "temporary" MOU.
but we are discussing this year.
well aware.And at the moment that's expected to expire next year for AL and go back to 55 in 2028 since it's only a "temporary" MOU.
I believe anyone with basic math and formula calculation skills would agree with @NorthernPinesbreak it down for him @Gotrope.
have you ever heard of review and concurrence? a mgr may be issuing the discipline but, district made the final call. it's the same with HR and health and safety. the district has a right to review employee issues. this is not the grievance procedure. it is health and safety which is a different category.A very nice read. And as I said these nurses do NOT manage or supply directives to any employees. They advise and inform management. The only connection they have with employees is when they counsel or refer employees to health related services. All else goes through the employee's manager.
Thanks for the information.
You have a point there . But in real life it is not achievable for most of us for the ongoing office dynamics. But I don’t go out of my way to use it . I have used maximum possible during my 2 kids birth prenatal and postnatal . Used for about 40 days when I broke my hand . Ever since that using 3 or 4 days every year for last 10/12 years . If I don’t have any other emergency plan to use it all in last one or two years leaving couple of multiple of 20 days on the bookI believe anyone with basic math and formula calculation skills would agree with @NorthernPines
financially, it's much more advantageous to take the leave benefit while employed. the retirement add in is nice if you can't do anything else with it. however, it is also credited in full months. so, less than 20 days gets you zero retirement add. also, the ability to add to TSP money with that extra sick leave while employed could add huge perks over a 5 year span post retirement.
I left with .5 sick days on the books. I had over 200 and used every single one to boost service time and TSP.
but, some are low risk and save every day to the last paycheck for some catastrophic thing they have 1% to encounter the year prior to retirement. and...you can totally use that sick leave while working to get surgery to patch yourself up for retirement fun. on the clock.
the best fit for using sick leave to extend service time( btw, it won't calculate towards fees supplement) is for people who couldn't get time off or were in critical support roles not delivering allowing them to work injured of sick. basically: union full-time or USPS detail.
don't get me wrong, it's better to receive some credit for all that time if you can't cash out. but, cashing out on a paycheck with added service time is best for financial gain.
With an average of $1,300 a month in benefits, I'll enjoy a nice steak dinner once a month to offset the dog food the rest of the month.The general point to keep in mind, is that usage of leave is not a zero-sum game.
If you have a year of leave, that means you haven't utilized two decades of an earned benefit; and let's be honest. You've done so by working sick, or using AL to take off time. Stay home. Use your leave. A career at the USPS will net you 18 months of SL over 30 years.
Would you rather rest, recuperate, and get paid for not showing up to work for 18 months, or get an extra $110 (Maybe $70 after taxes. Barely a steak dinner.) a month in your dotage, that is immaterial to your survival if you bothered to take an active role in your retirement?
Addendum: And yes, I've missed over 3 months due to a single surgery. I was fine, through a smattering of available benefits. What is not fine is hoarding a resource that loses over 80% of its monetary value the moment you retire.
I would use most of my S/L & A/L as soon as I earned it, delaying use would not have been a healthy move for meThe general point to keep in mind, is that usage of leave is not a zero-sum game.
If you have a year of leave, that means you haven't utilized two decades of an earned benefit; and let's be honest. You've done so by working sick, or using AL to take off time. Stay home. Use your leave. A career at the USPS will net you 18 months of SL over 30 years.
Would you rather rest, recuperate, and get paid for not showing up to work for 18 months, or get an extra $110 (Maybe $70 after taxes. Barely a steak dinner.) a month in your dotage, that is immaterial to your survival if you bothered to take an active role in your retirement?
Addendum: And yes, I've missed over 3 months due to a single surgery. I was fine, through a smattering of available benefits. What is not fine is hoarding a resource that loses over 80% of its monetary value the moment you retire.
It was more of a hint to another commenter (r2 shall go unnamed) that he was being more like the north end of a south bound mule on one of his comments....I don't believe for one second that a country boy don't know how to back that A$$ up.
Sorry, oi veh. Couldn't pass it up.
Yes I'm very aware of the review and concurrence grievance. I personally am friends with Curtis Butters the grievance specialist that originally wrote and filed that grievance.have you ever heard of review and concurrence? a mgr may be issuing the discipline but, district made the final call. it's the same with HR and health and safety. the district has a right to review employee issues. this is not the grievance procedure. it is health and safety which is a different category.
OPM uses a table to convert SL to creditable service time where 2087 hrs equals 1 service year.How many days of accumulated sick leave will give you credit for 1 year of service credit in retirement anyway? Anybody knows for sure ? Is it 12x20 days or 5x52 days ?
Yeah . Makes sense . It actually coincides with 5x52 for quick rough calculation. ThanksOPM uses a table to convert SL to creditable service time where 2087 hrs equals 1 service year.
So 2087/8=260.875 or 261
100 days converts to 4 months & 18 days so it takes just a little more than 20 days to equal a month.