• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Not Your Normal Order Of Consideration Question

hunchback

So if Carrier #1 is on the RDWL but wants off Saturday and has an X Day and wants to take an X day the Friday before that Saturday or the Monday after that Saturday, 

Does that change the order of consideration for carrier #999 who is more senior to carrier # 1.

In other words can a Junior Regular use an X Day before, or after their Relief Day to ensure they get off said relief day. 

Before you answer Management gets to schedule X days, I know that already.

The carrier numbers are not actual route numbers, but more reflective of the office pecking order

Same scenario carrier # 1 schedules a doctors appointment on a Friday or Monday, does that ensure they get off their Saturday Relief Day ?

What sucks is that it's mngt job to give everyone their relief day.

Instead carriers are pit against each other.

I've been working 6's on a 45 (49)k and I'd hate if the other carriers, who get relief, bitch if I want a day off. I was denied a random day off while everyone else in the office gets all their annual approved. And then I'm told I take too long...even after the truth comes out!!! 

Anyways, seniority doesn't play a role. We all equally get our relief day. We all want a long weekend and if you trade that daca5 for a long weekend, more power to you. And mngt does not get to choose a daca5 x day. The carrier gets that choice. Mngt gets to choose a daca3 x day.

<blockquote class="spPostEmbedQuote"><strong>Morty said </strong>

I've been working 6's on a 45 (49)k and I'd hate if the other carriers, who get relief, bitch if I want a day off. I was denied a random day off while everyone else in the office gets all their annual approved. And then I'm told I take too long...even after the truth comes out!!! 

Anyways, seniority doesn't play a role. We all equally get our relief day. We all want a long weekend and if you trade that daca5 for a long weekend, more power to you. And mngt does not get to choose a daca5 x day. The carrier gets that choice. Mngt gets to choose a daca3 x day.  </blockquote>
What is a DACA 5 X day?

DACA 5 is 150 % pay and no additional time off.

<blockquote class="spPostEmbedQuote"><strong>Morty said </strong>

I've been working 6's on a 45 (49)k and I'd hate if the other carriers, who get relief, bitch if I want a day off. </blockquote>
I hear you Morty !

Some one in the family dies, "they will still be dead Sunday, put flowers on their grave then"

Wife or kids get sick, "that's why they make ambulances"

Cracked tooth or tooth ache "doesn't your dentist have evening hours"

"You want off when HA HA HA"

While others burn every bit of sick and annual leave.

Won't it be fun when all us Regulars get rotating Sunday Duties because all the RCA's quit.

I know guys "THEY CAN'T DO THAT, IT AINT IN THE CONTRACT" neither is 7 day Priority delivery with 6 day mail counts

<blockquote class="spPostEmbedQuote"><strong>Deer Smearer said </strong>

What is a DACA 5 X day?

DACA 5 is 150 % pay and no additional time off.  </blockquote>
You are correct. There is NO DACA5 x-day. 

~R is an Xday that mgmt must still approve

~3 is 1/2 pay + x-day scheduled by mgmt.

~5 is 150% pay. 

I'm guessing that Monty is trying to distinguish between R vs 3 BUT it doesn't even matter.

<blockquote class="spPostEmbedQuote"><strong>hunchback said </strong>
 So if Carrier #1 is on the RDWL but wants off Saturday and has an X Day and wants to take an X day the Friday before that Saturday or the Monday after that Saturday, 

Does that change the order of consideration for carrier #999 who is more senior to carrier # 1.

In other words can a Junior Regular use an X Day before, or after their Relief Day to ensure they get off said relief day. 

Before you answer Management gets to schedule X days, I know that already.

The carrier numbers are not actual route numbers, but more reflective of the office pecking order

Same scenario carrier # 1 schedules a doctors appointment on a Friday or Monday, does that ensure they get off their Saturday Relief Day ?  </blockquote>
Any SCHEDULED leave in conjunction with a Relief Day protects that carrier from being considered for OT unless the carrier puts it in writing that they WANT to work OT. If a carrier takes leave & does NOT want to work OT, they are simply skipped on the RDWL.

Back