NRLCA – Step 4 Grievance Filed on Overburdened Routes Not Being Adjusted in a Timely Manner

Nice. It’s about 3 years late.
When issues as important as this aren’t being handled correctly, (and this is just one of many serious issues in which the USPS is screwing carriers) it baffles me as to why the NRLCA agrees to ANYTHING at all in MOU’s ever.
They should say “no we’re not agreeing to anything until A, B, C etc are resolved.”

Add this one to the stack of other step 4 grievances which end up nowhere…

I definitely made the right decision by resigning in 2023. My old route was last evaluated at a 67k. That poor guy is working for free and the route continues to grow. Since we only get paid 48k max he should leave every day when he hits 9.6 hours of work. Let management finish the route
 
"compensate regular rural carriers for all
standard hours greater than 57:36 at 150% of
their hourly rate"

I think since it says standard hours and nothing about actual hours, you should get paid for all the extra hours over 57:36 listed on your 4240 but I wouldn't expect or depend on it anytime soon.
You can do this now. I know people who have filed a grievance relating to this exact issue. They get paid 150% everything over 48(5) or 57:36 (6). It comes from the Union Steward who turns the paperwork in to the Supervisor who tehn enters it in the system and in about a month it comes in their checks.
 
You can do this now. I know people who have filed a grievance relating to this exact issue. They get paid 150% everything over 48(5) or 57:36 (6). It comes from the Union Steward who turns the paperwork in to the Supervisor who tehn enters it in the system and in about a month it comes in their checks.
You can do this now if your actual hours are over 48 where I'm at. Most of the time, I am not over 48. My route is currently over 60 standard hours and my steward will not try to get any extra compensation unless I work over 48 actual hours.
 
You can do this now if your actual hours are over 48 where I'm at. Most of the time, I am not over 48. My route is currently over 60 standard hours and my steward will not try to get any extra compensation unless I work over 48 actual hours.
Same boat same standard hours, never over 48 hrs.
 
I recently won a grievance on that particular stipulation. It's a GATS payout.

You wouldn't get paid if you didn't go over evaluation because of specific language in the M-38, Section 833, where there is a specific stipulation that you're paid the lesser value when comparing (Worked Hours- Standard Hours) vs (Standard Hours-48K Standard Hours. It sucks, but it's there.
 
Most of the years I was overburdened I ended up over 2240. So any arbitrator is going to say, well he got paid hourly.🤷🏻‍♂️
Except USPS stole several thousands from my TSP for recalculation because my route wasn't adjusted. A coworker called in sick on the last day of pp26 and I carried a few hours of his route and didn't get paid for it. Pretty much worked 2 pp for free AND had my tsp stolen.
 
Back
Top