POLL: Will yout route gain or lose under RRECS???

Will your route gain or lose under RRECS???

• I have crunched the numbers and I believe I will lose.

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • I have crunched the numbers and I believe I will gain.

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • I have NOT crunched the numbers but I believe I will lose.

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • I have NOT crunched the numbers but I believe I will gain.

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • At this point, I'm not really sure.

Votes: 13 28.3%

• Total voters

btdtret

All -- Not that it matters, but being retired, I don't have to worry about route measurements any longer. ( but you certainly should! )

-- And my route was broken up and added to routes surrounding it when I retired!

btdtret

Joe Reeser et al -- "They don't have one [ measuring wheel ]. The Postmaster places one foot directly in front of the other and 'walks off' the distance for dismounts as an estimate.

-- If the PM's foot is not exactly 12 inches long, seems a greivance should be in order.

-- Probably could pick up a 25ft measuring tape at Harbor Freight with the purchase of another item and a free measuring tape coupon.

"I purchased package markers and whatnot.."

-- Heck carriers are posting of using the old daily plastic mail markers to mark parcels.

-- Back in the day, just touching a plastic mail marker was a firing offense.

Skierstmoritz

Joe Reeser et al -- "They don't have one [ measuring wheel ]. The Postmaster places one foot directly in front of the other and 'walks off' the distance for dismounts as an estimate.

-- If the PM's foot is not exactly 12 inches long, seems a greivance should be in order.

-- Probably could pick up a 25ft measuring tape at Harbor Freight with the purchase of another item and a free measuring tape coupon.

"I purchased package markers and whatnot.."

-- Heck carriers are posting of using the old daily plastic mail markers to mark parcels.

-- Back in the day, just touching a plastic mail marker was a firing offense.
Invest in a wheel! It is invaluable when measuring dismounts. Get a couple carriers to chip in. For @ $125 You can get a good industrial model. It will earn you far more than it costs

FrozenToes

Invest in a wheel! It is invaluable when measuring dismounts. Get a couple carriers to chip in. For @ $125 You can get a good industrial model. It will earn you far more than it costs
It did feel pretty silly when my PM and I would stretch out the tape measure. Then when it was at maximum length, stand still and turn while the other would walk by for next segment. Taking turns until dismount was measured.

Misterb120

After the first week of count Under old system Standard Hours 49.56. Under RRECS Standard Hours 50.29 .
My Route is 40.3 miles And 604 Boxes 585 crub 19 CBU. I used my 4003 for drive time Example .7 miles 28 Boxes.
So 3696 feet divided by 28 boxes =132 feet between boxes times .00128 =.16896 times 28=4.73088 minutes. Its not perfect but I feel its close.
If I did the calculations right.