• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Postal workers say they're not receiving the right training or supplies to protect themselves from the coronavirus

Our district rep contacts our Steward every couple of days, to check on us and make sure we have all the supplies we need. If we need anything the district manager is contacted every (two days) and told exactly what rural carriers need in that District.
If you aren't getting supplies call your district rep. They can force the USPS to get them.
There are mandatory daily Covid standups that are supposed to be read almost every day right now.
We are fortunate I realize because we have supplies, standups, sanitizing help etc. I do wonder for those who aren't getting any of that stuff, if a call was made to your district office (USPS, not union) or perhaps to HRSSC with facts. Of course, there's the retaliatory risk, but perhaps if there were a large number of carriers who were on board, maybe you'd get the stuff you need. For those not getting anything, I'd DOCUMENT every gap and date and time, photos if possible, because if you DO come to harm, they're surely liable for minimally falsifying their verifications of the standups and failure to provide mandated supplies. I should also rephrase -- OUR office and PM take this seriously.

We had a guy off for a solid week.... had a fever and other symptoms.... docs wouldn't let him come in.... I'm assuming they must be waiving the doctor note requirement for this C19 hoax stuff.... ? ?:oops:

Shouldnt that guy have been out 2 weeks to be on the safe side ??

It seems to a Dr. In New York in the middle of a very large mess, mostly due to so many living in such a small area, believes this virus is very easy to contain IF EVERYONE FOLLOWS THE RULES. See his talk given to his family, but went viral on U-Tube.

Last edited:
Personally, I spoke with district safety team, human resources and district manager about the lack of anything in most of our rural offices. They did finally send us 2 boxes of cheapo easy tear gloves and 2 boxes of paper earloop masks. No instructions how or when to use. Coming from a medical background - these are both a waste of time and money. The gloves last about 30 minutes tops before shredding. Watched a carrier this morning pull their mail and parcels with gloves. Proceed to case for a bit, took parcels out to vehicle. Then scratch a southern itch inside their pants. Scratch their nose. all with gloves on.
The masks are not medical or dust grade. Again, employees are constantly touching them, inside and out. Adding zillions of germies and viruses to each inhalation. They get hot and the employees put them in their pockets for later. They go to the bathroom take the mask off, no washing, do their business, still don't wash, touch every surface in the bathroom/lockers and then put the mask back on inside out.
No sanitizing agents at the office. My llv is shared with other employees because we are short vehicles. I bleach that sucker like its going to a bubble baby. Of course I provide my own 6s sanitizer ' cause PO is working on getting some, sometime next fall. Stay safe everyone. And PLEASE wash your d#$@ hands up to the elbow.

Yesterday’s “mandatory“ standup was explaining how we are essential employees and was accompanied by a letter that was suppose to be given to every employee to carry with them going to, during, and leaving work explaining who we are and that we are essential. Supposed to carry usps issued ID badge too. (in case anyone didn’t get that one either)

Over 40 postal employees have the pandemic virus, however I only count 11 stories in postalnews website of postal employees getting sick with the virus (North Syracuse, Sylvania Ohio, Oregon, Tyler Texas, Bethlehem Township PA, Trenton, Louisville, Brooklyn NY, Raleigh, White Plains, Seattle). Where are the rest of the virus victims? Is the USPS hiding information from the public?
These offices are not quarentined like the business sector if someone is positive, I think the most I heard was orange safety cones placed in the area. (WTF)? Then we go out in the community, possibly being a carrier.

Supplies, such as what... we finally got some gloves.... seen no masks anywhere.... ? :rolleyes::unsure:
Just got some funky black masks that are see thru and have no nose clasp ,etc. have us using everclear booze to spray things down. unreal! And now pushing us to train subs in office and out but yet all route inspections have stopped. Office is short 3 subs outta 5 so manglement pushing the 50 mile limit. I have already trained two and now they want a third . to take all ot away.. Have a 46K with POV. Im not doing this anymore!! . If manglement pushes and I know they will ..what are my options/

Just got some funky black masks that are see thru and have no nose clasp ,etc. have us using everclear booze to spray things down. unreal! And now pushing us to train subs in office and out but yet all route inspections have stopped. Office is short 3 subs outta 5 so manglement pushing the 50 mile limit. I have already trained two and now they want a third . to take all ot away.. Have a 46K with POV. Im not doing this anymore!! . If manglement pushes and I know they will ..what are my options/
just read MOU concerning temporary workplace changes signed April 15th.. so more more training of outside subs till June 5th.

just read MOU concerning temporary workplace changes signed April 15th.. so more more training of outside subs till June 5th.
we are supposed to be maintaining 6 foot distances. file a grievance if your PM is insisting that you train subs without this being adhered to. this is also a safety issue and there is a form for that. :)
same here . Are these to be daily or still weekly
we have been getting daily safety talks. if you are not, contact your stew, ADR or DR.

we are supposed to be maintaining 6 foot distances. file a grievance if your PM is insisting that you train subs without this being adhered to. this is also a safety issue and there is a form for that. :)

we have been getting daily safety talks. if you are not, contact your stew, ADR or DR.
when did dailys start ? can I add 5 minutes per day backdate till then and file 8217

Was told by pm another sub would be training on my route tomorrow, would I like them to ride with me or him. I told him they can ride with you and Btw did you read the MOU dated April15? He either did not or didn’t even care to enforce it , says I’ll check it out.10 minutes later he’s blowing up my phone again saying well now you can explain to them how you took their time away. Told me expect to be working six days a week until June 5. I blocked his number as I am not tolerating harassment from him because he and poon think we don’t read! Getting ready to text ADR concerning no stand ups. Can’t wait to rattle his cage with a 8137 for 6 weeks of stand ups that I need to read now!!

Back