• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

POV Required for all RCA's?

Hello everyone! So, I'm an Aux carrier on a 6-0 route, that is assigned a Metris. Recently, my postmaster mentioned to me that during a telecom meeting, it was mentioned that all RCA's in the district are required to have a POV. Now obviously I understand the requirement for standard RCA's of course, but I've always been under the impression that since I'm a 6-0 Aux carrier, and my route is assigned a Govt. vehicle, then I'm exempt from the POV requirement. I even sold my last POV I had years ago, when I took over my current 6-0 Aux route since it had a Govt. assigned vehicle. My Union rep even verified at the time that I wasn't required to have an available POV any longer, but I wasn't sure if anything had changed, so I thought I'd post the question here. I'm not worried too much about it right now, since my postmaster said they wouldn't push the issue, but if anyone has any info about POV requirements for a route that is assigned a Govt. vehicle, I'd greatly appreciate it.
 
if you were a regular, that would apply.

you are not. you are a leave replacement, even if you are a 6-0 aux carrier.

you can still be required to assist other routes, even in other offices, after you are done with your aux.

those other offices may not have gov vehicles.

and that is why ALL RCAs are required to have POVs.

sorry, that's the contract.
 
if you were a regular, that would apply.

you are not. you are a leave replacement, even if you are a 6-0 aux carrier.

you can still be required to assist other routes, even in other offices, after you are done with your aux.

those other offices may not have gov vehicles.

and that is why ALL RCAs are required to have POVs.

sorry, that's the contract.
When I started as RCA, most of 30+ routes were LLV but a few were POV (businesses and apartments that were better suited for them) Even though I was assigned an Aux almost a regular route with LLV, I was required to have POV in case they needed help elsewhere.
 
And why can't we get RCAs again? Required to have a vehicle you may never get EMA for... Check. Only our Union could agree something like that. Instead they need it to say if you have a POV you ALWAYS use a POV so actually make money.
 
Since they revamped the job listing last week, there is a video that must be watched by rca applicants. In the video it states that an rca is required to have their own vehicle to use for mail delivery.
 
Since they revamped the job listing last week, there is a video that must be watched by rca applicants. In the video it states that an rca is required to have their own vehicle to use for mail delivery.
So what....they say a lot of things in that video. They say no sexual harrassment too...now cute delectable intern's are gonna be interning for our so-called leaders, also no backing, no getting out of llvs without, curbing wheels, locking it up, also povs arent to be left running when taking a package to the door, and I could go on....we need people badly, and like Jaymac said.....our
so-called union is ran by worthless MORONS...its just STUPID🙄🙄🙄🤠
 
Back
Top