• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

PS 1314 Regular Rural Carrier Time Certificate

In 21 years, I've never even seen a PS Form 1314. Do any of your offices use these? I wonder if, with these, I could see why/how my paychecks are getting so screwed up & (MAYBE) get the issues corrected before they submit them to payroll?

💌🐌 Managing Management is my Full-time Job

In 21 years, I've never even seen a PS Form 1314. Do any of your offices use these? I wonder if, with these, I could see why/how my paychecks are getting so screwed up & (MAYBE) get the issues corrected before they submit them to payroll?

Before the computer payroll program came about, mgmt was responsible for calculating our hours by hand & transferring those numbers to a Form 1314. Subs hours were transferred to 1314-A forms. On Fridays, mgmt would hand Carriers their 4240 and the 1314 to compare & verify the hours written are correct. The 1314 was then faxed to Payroll for payment.

NOW… the computer does ALL of the work. The 1314 is now a “computer form” & mgmt can print it out when needed for verification or grievances or corrections. Some mgmt has tried in the past to REQUIRE carriers verify these documents on Monday without compensation for the time it takes to do this. Stupid thing is that verifying on Monday what was already submitted on Saturday is too late to correct if something were entered incorrectly 🙄

Been here just shy of 4 decades.
The only time I saw the 1314 and 1314A was when I was an Academy Instructor, in the materials we used for instruction.

vintage dinosaur GIF

7E0C0F0B-39C3-49A8-B091-888311CA566C.jpeg

Yes but Mgmt will not print them until AFTER submitting & REFUSE to pay us to “check their data entries”. Does no good to look for corrections after your Paycheck is available on Liteblue for viewing.

I agree. It’s a catch 22.

You need an end tour time to finalize the RMSS and 1314s. So how can you technically check them “off the clock”?

I mentioned in another thread we need the timecard app on liteblue like city/clerk has.

We had a $0 pay week for rurals because of incompetence. Six email warnings about missing time certificates and it still didn’t get submitted.

Yes but Mgmt will not print them until AFTER submitting & REFUSE to pay us to “check their data entries”. Does no good to look for corrections after your Paycheck is available on Liteblue for viewing.
There is No pay for checking. Management is supposed to bring the 1314 to the carrier who is working the last day of the PP. that carrier is supposed to initial We always did it that way until the computerized time keeping and management at first waited until Sat morning to do them and now they just do it without our input. Since the process is moving data from the 4240 to the computer. mistakes LOL can be made such as having every carrier take 30 minutes for lunch when no lunch was ever taken. Helps manage the 2080 problem and cause the "bump" This is why we are SUPPOSED to see the data and initial it............ to VERIFY no cheating on the time Can you see managment doing as they did years ago and actually be there when you return on Friday....... fill out the form and wait for you to sign out so they can put your ending time correctly?

Follow 142.2. Grieve for it to be so. Manager must wait for you to get back off the route Friday no matter how long you take. Then stand over the managers shoulder as they enter in Friday's time. Compare the 2 documents. Check the clock, enter in the leave time, they enter it in. You can figure out how long the print process takes for next time. Put your end time according to that in the future.

I would consider it a wash if I have to make management stay late on Friday...past 5. Unless they abuse the word designee. But I would argue a designee is another manager, NOT a clerk who has zero authority to tell you what to do or resolve a conflict.

Maybe a settlement should state something like: the language in 142.2 with *designee(someone with equal authority as the postmaster, not a clerk) and 8127 time for any delays encountered. Like having to call in a manager 30 mes away to come in to please the conditions USPS put in place.

I think I found my next punishment grievance! 😍

Follow 142.2. Grieve for it to be so. Manager must wait for you to get back off the route Friday no matter how long you take. Then stand over the managers shoulder as they enter in Friday's time. Compare the 2 documents. Check the clock, enter in the leave time, they enter it in. You can figure out how long the print process takes for next time. Put your end time according to that in the future.

I would consider it a wash if I have to make management stay late on Friday...past 5. Unless they abuse the word designee. But I would argue a designee is another manager, NOT a clerk who has zero authority to tell you what to do or resolve a conflict.

Maybe a settlement should state something like: the language in 142.2 with *designee(someone with equal authority as the postmaster, not a clerk) and 8127 time for any delays encountered. Like having to call in a manager 30 mes away to come in to please the conditions USPS put in place.

I think I found my next punishment grievance! 😍

I believe in RRECS, at least with subs on adhoc times, you cannot enter future times.

I believe in RRECS, at least with subs on adhoc times, you cannot enter future times.
Then I suppose you get the "completed" 1314 Friday after work. Your arrival and leave time and arrival time and any 2nd trip/8127 would be inputed. They can't possibly screw up your leaving time or it wouldn't matter.

Then I suppose you get the "completed" 1314 Friday after work. Your arrival and leave time and arrival time and any 2nd trip/8127 would be inputed. They can't possibly screw up your leaving time or it wouldn't matter.

Everything up to the leave time on Friday should be available.

A summary is available for all carriers on the first page of managing time cards in RMSS without the 1314s being initiated.

TACS automatically sends clerk/city hours at the end of the pay period unless held.

RMSS has to be submitted to TACS. Even if the 1314s are given to rural carriers and approved by the carriers, the morons gave to hit the submit button. 🤦‍♂️

There is No pay for checking. Management is supposed to bring the 1314 to the carrier who is working the last day of the PP. that carrier is supposed to initial We always did it that way until the computerized time keeping and management at first waited until Sat morning to do them and now they just do it without our input. Since the process is moving data from the 4240 to the computer. mistakes LOL can be made such as having every carrier take 30 minutes for lunch when no lunch was ever taken. Helps manage the 2080 problem and cause the "bump" This is why we are SUPPOSED to see the data and initial it............ to VERIFY no cheating on the time Can you see managment doing as they did years ago and actually be there when you return on Friday....... fill out the form and wait for you to sign out so they can put your ending time correctly?
Sorry, but I’m not about to just glance over a payroll form without checking EACH # and Calculation. My DR backed us up on this when we demanded to be paid..

Back