Question about performance

justasinger et al -- "If the mailbox is numbered (which I'm not sure in other areas of the country, but here in Maine it seems optional)"

-- Anything preventing you from putting the address number inside the mailbox?

-- A white Sharpie "MEANSTREAK" permanent marking stick works well.

-- RCA's following you will appreciate it -- especially if working in the dark.
If it was MY route I would definitely mark the boxes, but being that I am not a regular I don't because a lot of regulars tend to get pissy when you 'mess' with their routes...

Windindaface

If it was MY route I would definitely mark the boxes, but being that I am not a regular I don't because a lot of regulars tend to get pissy when you 'mess' with their routes...
Not your job as an RCA or us REGS to mark boxes. It is a customer requirement. The box or house number on a mailbox must be represented in numbers that are at least 1 inch tall, and they must be positioned on the front or flag side of the box.

Windindaface

too many yrs left typed… those times used by carriers in the time study that occurred driving/walking in the snow storms were thrown out because they aren't "representative" of typical times!! So it's just left up to us carriers that have to work them to eat that extra time required.

They claimed the same reasons at my office for a full City Route timeline and aborted the count and inspection for them. The bodies for this were in house but a 2" overnight snow storm was cited by the Machine and canceled.

The nanny scanny is in tow for me in Snow country. I dismount here when no snowbanks but another random safe dismount place for items to the door.

gotstamps

While I cannot say I'm perfect, I try very hard to be accurate. If the mailbox is numbered (which I'm not sure in other areas of the country, but here in Maine it seems optional) I am highly accurate. When I say I'm under eval, I'm not referring to day after a holiday or christmas period or mondays. What I was told when I was hired is that the evaluated time is over the course of a week, so on monday they expect you to be over the evaluated time, and under it the rest of the week and come out at the end of the week on average.
Actually... the Evaluation of a route is based on 1/2 of a 2-week time period since the last mail count was 2 weeks. My route tends to be heavy 1 week & light the next.
If we had a 3-week mail count as last count, then it would be based on 1/3 of the 3-week period.