• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Route cut help..agreement with management

w2e2w2e

I am on a route that will soon go overburdened, while I still have a little bargaining power over what gets cut, I want to make an agreement (in writing of course) with management about what to take off.

here are my hypotheticals:
I would be willing to cut all the way down to a 41 J as due to the rapid growth I woud be back up to at least a 40K by Christmas. All the frames in the development are built, just finishing interiors and waiting for families to move in.
All I ask is to have a voice in what is cut off and to be allowed to choose Tuesday as my K day when i become a 40K or higher again.

My questions are:
1- Can I agree to be cut below the 43K value? or is this a contract violation?
2-When I regain the 40K status is management obligated to allow me to choose the Tuesday K day? or can they renege and assign me say a Friday?

Just trying to be proactive in my career, did it with another route I was on, but it was witha different AMS person and different PM so did not worry about the issues of them changing the agreement when things came back up.

I am asking this time, as I am gonna get it in writing and have both myself and PM sign it.

w2e2w2e -- "1- Can I agree to be cut below the 43K value? "

-- M-38, Section 823.13 -- in part: There is no prohibition against adjusting a route below 52 hours per week when it is operationally advantageous [ to the USPS ]. However, documentation must be supplied with the route adjustment documentation on as to why it is not practical to adjust the route to 52 hours.
( such documentation could be a letter from the carrier requesting a lower adjustment. Emphasis the rapid growth in your area. )

- Article 30.1.J. gives the carrier the opportunity to submit comments regarding route adjustments.

- You would be looking at a significant cut in pay going from overburdened to a 41J.

"2-When I regain the 40K status is management obligated to allow me to choose the Tuesday K day? or can they renege and assign me say a Friday?

-- What is your relief day now?

-- Becoming a J route would make your relief day a Saturday - especially if in a Formula Office. ( unless another relief day is agreeable to both you and manglement )

-- If Tuesday is your current relief day, request you keep it as part of the request to be cut below 52 hours.

-- As with any potential agreement with manglement, get it in writing, round date it and make/keep copies.

-- Good luck.

Thanks.
My K day is currently Friday, which I do not like.
I understand the pay issue, would rather have less pay than to keep killing myself here.
Also understand that a J route is automatically a Saturday.

Last time i did this (on a different route) I just asked to be alternating Tuesday to keep my K day and did not worry about Saturday at all when I cut down to a J.

I know several rules being bent here, but I am just trying to get something in my favor.

You probably can keep your day off if agreed on. Is all this new growth curb side delivery.?.be careful they don't put in clusters you won't grow as much as you think.

It is all CBU..thx to Frozen Toes(?)calculators and having all the info from count and an adjustment sheet, I can count my empty houses and figure where I will end up very easily.

Be careful. You only can submit a "suggestion".

Nothing I suggested was followed for my route cut.

Explore every possibility. They can strip all the growth off and give you stagnate boxes and even if you say J, they'll make it a 40K.

I suppose you want the tue-thur buff. Have a 40 but get paid for a 43?

Just explore every rotten thing they will do to you.

Be careful. You only can submit a "suggestion".

Nothing I suggested was followed for my route cut.

Explore every possibility. They can strip all the growth off and give you stagnate boxes and even if you say J, they'll make it a 40K.

I suppose you want the tue-thur buff. Have a 40 but get paid for a 43?

Just explore every rotten thing they will do to you.
What is Tuesday thru Thursday buff?
And no, I only wanna cut now instead of later, not trying to cheat the system and get paid a higher evaluation than what I am evaluated at.

Back