• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

RRECS: Parcel Time

So essentially just on volume alone for parcels . 80 minute gain?

Yes, an additional 15 parcels/day (12 mail box 3 door) will gain you about 80 minutes per week under RRECS. +/- a few minutes depending on how far you drive/walk for the door parcels.

I would like to figure out how much I will gain on just yearly volume.
Letters and flats count seems about right. But parcels this route got f'd . I'd say even on a summer day we average 15 parcels more per day then we counted for. Christmas 3 month overtime (no misprint) it is probably closer to 30 or 40 parcels for free. Let's go with 15 parcels more on average and say 3 of the bastards dont fit in the box. How much gain would that be?

Just reading all the posts only serves to drive home the fact that the rural craft is doomed by rrecs. The routes are sooo different! No one system is fair ( except HOURLY) to the majority. Foxy says she/he got screwed by count, average 15 more than count. Our office wishes 15! We average 90-100 more /day than count. Xmas, double that. We will probably gain in rrecs because of Amazon. But those who have lost Amazon will take a hit
I believe that hourly is the only fair way. Have thought that forever.

So will spurs that have a scan likely get a parcel credit and be deemed "caseable mail" ? Or will spurs become a credit for the "medium parcel" tub as far as reloading goes? I would think it will be one or the other.
Pretty sure anything with a scan will be a parcel now (big or small) because the non signature scan credit is gone. So the "flat with a scan " thing appears to be going away???

So will spurs that have a scan likely get a parcel credit and be deemed "caseable mail" ? Or will spurs become a credit for the "medium parcel" tub as far as reloading goes? I would think it will be one or the other.
Pretty sure anything with a scan will be a parcel now (big or small) because the non signature scan credit is gone. So the "flat with a scan " thing appears to be going away???

It isn't clear. All the study comparison says is:
1) There are small, medium, and large parcels
2) large parcels go to the door
3) medium parcels go in a tub

But it does say:
Each standard is fully documented, including a plain-English description of the standard method for performing the activity, a summary of the standard time and its major components, a detailed analysis of how each component of time is derived, and support documents used in developing the standard.

I personally keep all parcels separate from the mail. But I've read about several carriers that case small parcels. I think we'll have to wait for more guidance on what they expect us to do.

@Oi veh. A long time clerk in my office calls them Chubbies for us Rurals because they know what we endure on counts.
S1001154.jpg

I wonder if the engineers of this infamous study were shown that?

With this parcel time and or size being mentioned here and nowhere to be seen under RRECS is a small item known as HOLD mail delivery upon customer request credit for us.

Are we going to get individual piece, size credit again and how? Or is it going to be one of those things "built in" under this study? IE previous HOLD items credited and only the add on of items for day of Restart of delivery request?

Just saying under RRECS their is tray item pieces mentioned. If a customer is on hold it effects this total. It will also effect this tray total when re delivery happens. Are we now going to be required to tell mismanagement these customers are on HOLD and have it pulled from our DPS? Where is the time for this? What are they going to do about Parcels in this instance?

Last edited:
I didn't know if you would get credit on each parcel to the door. So which is more beneficial for the pay? Since you are walking to the door do they give you .1954 for every item scanned at the door or just the one credit for everything scanned at the door? I just want to know what is the most beneficial. They obviously won't be comparing the real size of packages, I figure all the data will be taken off of what kind of scan and the timing. For instance you may have 3 trips to the door for very large parcels so you should get credit for 3 separate trips. What if you scan 3 small ones at the door that would have fit in the box but you had one oversize. There's no real way to assign the real dimensions to every scan we may have. The data that this is going to be required will be a nightmare. I also receive diplomas or photos with no scan. So there's that too. This is going to be so overly complicated that most will have no idea of what is going on with their pay.

Different question you probably know the answer to.... When does the scanner ping GPS? When you scan the package or when you press enter. Seems like I've heard when you scan it, but to me it makes more sense for it to leave a marker on GPS when you press enter to deliver it.
You still get paid even if you scan it while walking to the garage right?..I mean it tracks our steps...we get paid by the stop, scan and step...so, theoretically, if you scan a package at your vehicle and walk it to the garage(carrying scanner) its the same as walking to the garage and scanning it when you put it down...semantics....NOTHING changes...distance is the same and scAn credit is the same...what am I missing?

Last edited:
No, point of delivery is what counts. When you scan a parcel that should be at the furthest point on your walk to the door. If not, your delivery point will be at your parking spot. Extra walking after the initial scan is not accredited as is re-loading walk time not accredited, just the time is.

No, point of delivery is what counts. When you scan a parcel that should be at the furthest point on your walk to the door. If not, your delivery point will be at your parking spot. Extra walking after the initial scan is not accredited as is re-loading walk time not accredited, just the time is.
Ok...thanks...that helps...I don't agree with it or the ENTIRE study, lol....boy am I inconsistent...??

I'm an old crow. When it comes to parcel delivery to the door it is never in a straight line. Pet land mines to avoid. Kiddie toys left in yard. Last week a Junkie needle. This was noted on 1767.

I will get more footage credits in winter due to snowbanks on side of roads along with a eye scan of how to get to door safely when no path or driveway is cleaned out. Changing my dismount locations almost daily.

I also put the scammer holster to my grinder. I ground that annoying hip poking tab on the back and rounded the corners so I can sport it more comfortably while seated in LLV.

Back