• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Saturday extra half time

jdog

I have a question for carriers who are not formula and are suppose to have Saturday as their K day. If you are short a few subs and have to take a Weekday as your day off are you being told to agree to no extra half time on Saturday or they will try to turn you into to a formula office.

That sounds like mgt is threatening to make office formula by bullying carriers to not take a daca3. Regardless, if this PM puts carriers down for a straight R day for working their relief day when it should be a daca 3 ( or a 5 if on the RDWL ), then grieve the hell out of that. Mgt. is scum

If daca 3 is taken can the PM decide what day you take that week.

yes.
Some mgmt will allow the carrier to choose anyway. It does NOT have to be”that week”, either. From the beginning of the Guarantee Period to the end of Christmas OT Period, carriers working their Relief Day as R or DACA 3 must take the X-day within the same PAY PERIOD. For the rest of the year, it needs to be taken within 12 weeks of earning it.
If the X-day cannot be taken during Guarantee-Christmas period, the Relief Day that was worked is changed to a 3. For the rest of the year, the X-day should be paid out at the end of 12 weeks. Previously earned X-Days are held in abeyance during Guarantee-Christmas period.

I have a question for carriers who are not formula and are suppose to have Saturday as their K day. If you are short a few subs and have to take a Weekday as your day off are you being told to agree to no extra half time on Saturday or they will try to turn you into to a formula office.

Mgmt cannot force a Carrier to work their Relief Day as an R. Those that are on the RDWL have their choice of R, 3, or 5. Carriers not on the list work for a 3. At this time of year, if an X-Day from an R or 3 cannot be taken that Par Period, it is changed to a 5.

If you work you relief day then why would management be able to determine what day you take, you are the one being inconvenienced and should be able to choose what day you would like if a sub is available. I would always like to take a day that same week and don't want them telling me when to use it.

Thanks for all your replies, we just have management trying to get us to give up our 4 hr. compensation or they will try to go formula even though we have subs and have used no overtime on the rural side. We agreed for a while not take the Saturday OT but that time is over and now manglement is pushing back.

If you work you relief day then why would management be able to determine what day you take, you are the one being inconvenienced and should be able to choose what day you would like if a sub is available. I would always like to take a day that same week and don't want them telling me when to use it.
maybe because management can read the contract which gives them the right to pick the day...

one of the criteria for implementing the formula is regulars are working their relief day on a more than infrequent basis. paying ot seems to get their attention, quicker than anything else.

Back