• Please keep questions in the Questions forum to contract, procedures, and requests for documentation. Vehicle, TSP, retirement, etc questions please post in the regular forums. Thank you
  • Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Seniority bid exception?

FrogNet97

New member
I am an RCA with the most seniority in my office and am eligible to bid. However, I'm concerned about something I read in the contract. I am worried about my seniority being bypassed due to wording that also says "unless another substitute rural carrier is deemed to be substantially better qualified." How is that determined and who decides that? Can an RCA with less seniority get a route that we both bid on within office?
 
Disciplinary issues, delivery issues and possibly issues with having a POV for a route that requires it could be factors. Bid assuming you will get a route and if you file a grievance. Management will be required to defend awarding a route without deference to seniority and frankly they don't want to work that hard. Doubtful you have anything to worry about.
 
Back
Top