that's what i meant.That's my biggest question. What happens to TSP?
that's what i meant.That's my biggest question. What happens to TSP?
I doubt carriers would be out of a job.... however, not needed bloated mngt peeps might need to worry... look at the UPS model... how many mngt peeps there versus actual workers... USPS needs to get rid of all the dead weight... they need to look harder at mngt, just like clerks...you will be out of a job and there will be no more mail service. Biden had four years to do something he waited till the last minute to try, anyhow that tick de joy is dug in so far he won't go anywhere they will have to burn him out.
My Favorite comment of the day....never a truer one made either. Good job ol buddy!!I doubt carriers would be out of a job.... however, not needed bloated mngt peeps might need to worry... look at the UPS model... how many mngt peeps there versus actual workers... USPS needs to get rid of all the dead weight... they need to look harder at mngt, just like clerks...![]()
![]()
receiving, dock, load supervisor for every shift plus 3-4 more during normal buisness hours up front. This is just my ups location. Numbers wise per employee it is actually similar if not greater then us just less location than post offices. Biggest difference is the increase of pay for supervisor positions in ups is lower than that of post office. At least for middle management I can’t speak for higher up management in ups world.I doubt carriers would be out of a job.... however, not needed bloated mngt peeps might need to worry... look at the UPS model... how many mngt peeps there versus actual workers... USPS needs to get rid of all the dead weight... they need to look harder at mngt, just like clerks...![]()
![]()
Well said Worve. Nice, and also an accurate comment.receiving, dock, load supervisor for every shift plus 3-4 more during normal buisness hours up front. This is just my ups location. Numbers wise per employee it is actually similar if not greater then us just less location than post offices. Biggest difference is the increase of pay for supervisor positions in ups is lower than that of post office. At least for middle management I can’t speak for higher up management in ups world.
Face it ups has a business and runs it like one. They have to make a profit so they charge accordingly and use whatever they can (usps) to offset for a profit. USPS while technically is a business is not run like one nor do we charge accordingly. Much of that is out of our control and we do have universal mandate. ups and like companies do not, it might seem small but it is a huge drain resource wise.
Take away sd&c does make sense. Less needed clerk, management for a larger area to cover. Yes a few more carriers, largely offset by clerk, management number decrease. Add in all the logistical money saved for mail and parcel stops being fewer. It truly is a no brainer from a purely business stand point. That being said politics and self sabotage is absolutely rampant in the usps world as we know it.
He is to smart to go into mgtWell said Worve. Nice, and also an accurate comment.You should go in to Mgmt. A few guys like you could turn this trainrrec around buddy...
I guess I just look at how much more efficient my local UPS Store seems than any of the POs around here. From what I can see there's usually only 1 or 2 peeps there.... and they've got WAY better hours than any PO. I think they're open from about 8AM until about 6PM 7 days a week... whenever I go there they slap stuff on the scales punch a button or 2 and boom slap a label on my package and I'm done. Way more efficient than what I see at any PO... I'm not even sure there is any sort of supervisor at the UPS Store.... maybe they have such at the locations where their trucks come and go... some of the drivers I've talked to say they load their own trucks, so not sure what the UPS supervisors do.... somehow, UPS & FedEx seem to make $$$$$ while USPS always seems to lose money, which may make it a prime target for Elon and DOGE.... USPS is not exactly the model of efficiency by about any measure... or at least this is my opinion....receiving, dock, load supervisor for every shift plus 3-4 more during normal buisness hours up front. This is just my ups location. Numbers wise per employee it is actually similar if not greater then us just less location than post offices. Biggest difference is the increase of pay for supervisor positions in ups is lower than that of post office. At least for middle management I can’t speak for higher up management in ups world.
Face it ups has a business and runs it like one. They have to make a profit so they charge accordingly and use whatever they can (usps) to offset for a profit. USPS while technically is a business is not run like one nor do we charge accordingly. Much of that is out of our control and we do have universal mandate. ups and like companies do not, it might seem small but it is a huge drain resource wise.
Take away sd&c does make sense. Less needed clerk, management for a larger area to cover. Yes a few more carriers, largely offset by clerk, management number decrease. Add in all the logistical money saved for mail and parcel stops being fewer. It truly is a no brainer from a purely business stand point. That being said politics and self sabotage is absolutely rampant in the usps world as we know it.
This is just my opinion and means diddly but USPS loses $ bc of all needless mgmt positions, higher ups, countless UN-NEEDED positions and just bogus decision making. Just thinking of a few positions that IMO are absolutely are not needed-when you first log into your scanner in the morning -do you read the safety messages? A week or two ago mine said stay warm and safe-in the summer it says drink water and stay cool...same with the safety talks they give us. IMO these and almost EVERY single message I read and safety talk I am given is COMMON SENSE and yet employees are paid to come up with these talks and messages. By the way if you look watch and remember the talks are the same every season and say exactly the same thing over and over and over. What about all the engineers that we have and the ones that spent years and billions designing RRECS? Clerks making 35 and up an hour sometimes selling 10 stamps all day long in these rural small offices. All of the millions that have already retired from USPS and paying and keeping up with them. We are much much much older of a company then Fedex, UPS, and Amazon. It has just all caught up with us through the many many years we have been in business. Along with the major bucks higher ups make. It all just adds up. Most if not all of it is just common sense to figure out the problems with the loss in revenue each year, yet they seem to be clueless and shocked as to why we lose each and every year.I guess I just look at how much more efficient my local UPS Store seems than any of the POs around here. From what I can see there's usually only 1 or 2 peeps there.... and they've got WAY better hours than any PO. I think they're open from about 8AM until about 6PM 7 days a week... whenever I go there they slap stuff on the scales punch a button or 2 and boom slap a label on my package and I'm done. Way more efficient than what I see at any PO... I'm not even sure there is any sort of supervisor at the UPS Store.... maybe they have such at the locations where their trucks come and go... some of the drivers I've talked to say they load their own trucks, so not sure what the UPS supervisors do.... somehow, UPS & FedEx seem to make $$$$$ while USPS always seems to lose money, which may make it a prime target for Elon and DOGE.... USPS is not exactly the model of efficiency by about any measure... or at least this is my opinion....![]()
![]()
I can usually go to the UPS Store and send stuff for the same or less than USPS nowadays.... used to be UPS was only cheaper on the larger parcels... but now I can do even 1 lbs parcels for the same or less at UPS.... and the other thing I'll say about UPS is, they usually get stuff delivered when they say it will be there... USPS parcels can just disappear for a week or 10 days or more when they fall in to a black hole... and that seems to happen more than it should.... also, UPS doesn't seem to send parcels back and forth and other stupid stuff that USPS seems to do, thus making themselves look stupid via their own tracking.... sort of like them sending me an email showing me what mail I was SUPPOSED to get that day, then I get none of it.... wth... it's stuff like this that tells me privatizing might be better for all concerned, including the employees... jmho....This is just my opinion and means diddly but USPS loses $ bc of all needless mgmt positions, higher ups, countless UN-NEEDED positions and just bogus decision making. Just thinking of a few positions that IMO are absolutely are not needed-when you first log into your scanner in the morning -do you read the safety messages? A week or two ago mine said stay warm and safe-in the summer it says drink water and stay cool...same with the safety talks they give us. IMO these and almost EVERY single message I read and safety talk I am given is COMMON SENSE and yet employees are paid to come up with these talks and messages. By the way if you look watch and remember the talk s are the same every season and say exactly the same thing over and over and over. What about all the engineers that we have and the ones that spent years and billions designing RRECS? Clerks making 35 and up an hour sometimes selling 10 stamps all day long in these rural small offices. All of the millions that have already retired from USPS and paying and keeping up with them. We are much much much older of a company then Fedex, UPS, and Amazon. It has just all caught up with us through the many many years we have been in business. Along with the major bucks higher ups make. It all just adds up. Most if not all of it is just common sense to figure out the problems with the loss in revenue each year, yet they seem to be clueless and shocked as to why we lose each and every year.
We don’t have a local ups store it’s a local warehouse where drivers and dock workers sort deliver from. UPS has agreements with one local store for dropping off parcels to be shipped or customers pays pick up fee.I guess I just look at how much more efficient my local UPS Store seems than any of the POs around here. From what I can see there's usually only 1 or 2 peeps there.... and they've got WAY better hours than any PO. I think they're open from about 8AM until about 6PM 7 days a week... whenever I go there they slap stuff on the scales punch a button or 2 and boom slap a label on my package and I'm done. Way more efficient than what I see at any PO... I'm not even sure there is any sort of supervisor at the UPS Store.... maybe they have such at the locations where their trucks come and go... some of the drivers I've talked to say they load their own trucks, so not sure what the UPS supervisors do.... somehow, UPS & FedEx seem to make $$$$$ while USPS always seems to lose money, which may make it a prime target for Elon and DOGE.... USPS is not exactly the model of efficiency by about any measure... or at least this is my opinion....![]()
![]()
Both party’s don’t support nothing. Just themselves and their donorsSeems like both parties don’t really support the PO!
It’s just all talk!
We used to just have UPS drop offs at places like CVS and a local hardware store, and I think there were a couple of drop boxes around, and then they finally put in a UPS Store... I've been using them since, and overall am pretty satisfied with them.... never really had any bad experiences with them... I've heard so many complaints about POs I've lost count... there us seldom a week goes by when they don't do something silly with my mail or packages... usually I end up getting everything but it may have been sent all over the place before getting here... big surprise, right... lol...We don’t have a local ups store it’s a local warehouse where drivers and dock workers sort deliver from. UPS has agreements with one local store for dropping off parcels to be shipped or customers pays pick up fee.
Drivers here never touch a parcel until it is loaded in order in the vehicle. Loaders with the one member of management for that area handle all that. The other side of warehouse is receiving with another supervisor and receiving employees for all pick ups thru out the day. They sort them for the semis to pick up and bring to larger warehouse to further sort them. 1 shift for delivery that day and 2 shifts for receiving area.
I agree they are better organized and efficient over usps, but let’s be real that doesn’t take a lot.
Nnnaahhhh....we DESPERATELY need good people. Smart....you got that right...Worves one of my favorite people on here, even if I bust his chops on not voting occassionally.He is to smart to go into mgt!
I read an article today about how UPS and FedEx both make a lot of political contributions to politicians... and of course the USPS does not, so do the math... who's gonna win and who's gonna lose...Seems like both parties don’t really support the PO!
It’s just all talk!
Wonder for whatever reason that the PO cannot contribute to political candidates ?I read an article today about how UPS and FedEx both make a lot of political contributions to politicians... and of course the USPS does not, so do the math... who's gonna win and who's gonna lose...![]()
![]()
I guess because of the pseudo-Govt status of the USPS...Wonder for whatever reason that the PO cannot contribute to political candidates ?
Not that I think it would happen but, if turned private operation ...pay would be slashed for most. Benefits would not be near current levels, nor would the current cr@p efficiency. Employees would be expected to give a positive return for employment.I doubt carriers would be out of a job.... however, not needed bloated mngt peeps might need to worry... look at the UPS model... how many mngt peeps there versus actual workers... USPS needs to get rid of all the dead weight... they need to look harder at mngt, just like clerks...![]()
![]()
Because we handle the ballots. And all federal employment prohibits running for partisan office. Not that you would know the hatch act exists in most federal offices with the political talk...Wonder for whatever reason that the PO cannot contribute to political candidates ?