Trump team considers trying to replace postmaster general

Not that I think it would happen but, if turned private operation ...pay would be slashed for most. Benefits would not be near current levels, nor would the current cr@p efficiency. Employees would be expected to give a positive return for employment.
A private employer would not see the nasty, entitled clerk service as a positive. Nor, would they allow the current mad dash employees who do the basics but, piss off customers.
A true private operation would care about their customer base of income. Most employees currently are very disconnected from that concept.

If I was running things, I would have given instructions on work duties and expectations. And started terminating about 40% of work force for fraud. That might sound mean but, that's what private employers expect. It's how we run our own businesses and have for decades. We have solid, long-term employees who understand customer expectations and profit. Many pivot positions to stay current and fresh.

Back in the 80's, USPS did a much better job of educating their workforce on expectations. They valued a trained employee. Not so much these days.
In a lot of ways, it is top to bottom... I think some carriers do take pride in their routes, and how they handle mail delivery for their customers. I was one that really didn't care that much about case labels and such, but when it came to delivering the mail, I always did all I could to ensure that was done as neatly and accurately as possible, with a level of courtesy whenever I had contact with customers. Those were just the old timey work ethics I grew up with. I seldom ever had any problems with customers because of those efforts. I'm not sure on the pay and benefits.... UPS seems to do pretty well, so for carriers, especially those on Table 2 just starting, I can't imagine they should take a pay hit.... Altho, I will admit my last year, when I only worked at the most 4 days a week, with no Mondays or day after holidays, and made over $100k, I did think I was being paid pretty well for no more effort than I was putting in... sort of like the days of working a DACA 5 during a light mail summer day.... done by noon, and banking about $500 clams... I always thought most private employers would look at that like, what the hail... but those were the berries... we all know there were plenty of dingle berries that went along with the job as well.... all in all I'm just glad I'm the hail out... and private or not, it seems to me the job is going further and further in the toilet.... so, I can still say with all honesty, SEE YA, SURE AS HAIL WOULDN'T WANNA BE YA!!!! :unsure: 🤷‍♂️👉🤚(y)🤩🥳:cool::ROFLMAO:
 
I think in the TRUMP era, USPS could be privatized... at one time nobody could imagine NASA being superseded by a private company, but now we have Elon and SpaceX talking about getting to Mars ahead of NASA... js... and with Elon and DOGE, and Bezos... wth... never say never.... :unsure: 🤷‍♂️👉:oops:
 
I think in the TRUMP era, USPS could be privatized... at one time nobody could imagine NASA being superseded by a private company, but now we have Elon and SpaceX talking about getting to Mars ahead of NASA... js... and with Elon and DOGE, and Bezos... wth... never say never.... :unsure: 🤷‍♂️👉:oops:
I still support a public post office. Just as a fundamental right to privacy and transportation.

But, I do think the model needs to be updated in some matter.
 
Back
Top