• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

What is the address for the national headquarters to send the SF1188 union cancel form to?

LouSainus

What is the address to the national headquarters that we need to send the SF1188 to? Also what is the address to the shared services that we send the other copy to?

For anyone else searching for how to get out of the union here is the form you need its called SF 1188
You need to print it out and send copies to the national headquarters and HR shared services within 10 days of your union join date.
That join date is listed in your eOPF look near the oldest forms in there. It will be called PS 1187 Request for Payroll Deduction for Labor Organization Dues.

link here

I sent a letter to national asking for my date so I could stop dues withholding.

In their reply, they included the SF 1188.
(This was the first letter for which I have gotten a response from them. All other letters from this dues-paying member have been ignored by our fearless leadership.)

I sent a letter to national asking for my date so I could stop dues withholding.

In their reply, they included the SF 1188.
(This was the first letter for which I have gotten a response from them. All other letters from this dues-paying member have been ignored by our fearless leadership.)
Many businesses that rake in the amount of money that the NRLCA does from its subscribers would at least give you that, "Is there anything we can do to keep you interested?" phone call.

I wonder how many who have left would change their mind and stick around if they just felt heard. Not necessarily agreed with, just heard. ?

Maybe not being heard is exactly the reason why so many are dropping out. ?

I sure hope we right the ship soon!

Many businesses that rake in the amount of money that the NRLCA does from its subscribers would at least give you that, "Is there anything we can do to keep you interested?" phone call.

I wonder how many who have left would change their mind and stick around if they just felt heard. Not necessarily agreed with, just heard. ?

Maybe not being heard is exactly the reason why so many are dropping out. ?

I sure hope we right the ship soon!
I totally agree with that. Any business worth it's salt want's to keep you and always offers some incentive to keep you.

The ONLY incentive I want is for them to get their head out of their a$$ and start representing me/us like they should.

A good start might be requiring the leadership from top down to the local steward to attend a one week course and have it graded by an impartial person before they can continue in their respective union position.

What I did and I know others here also did was call shared services and they will give you the correct date (if you’re unsure) and provide the proper address for the USPS. One of those forms must be sent certified in addition to being within the restricted time frame. Yes I know it’s a PIA to call them but remember if you screw it up you’re paying dues for another long year.

I totally agree with that. Any business worth it's salt want's to keep you and always offers some incentive to keep you.

The ONLY incentive I want is for them to get their head out of their a$$ and start representing me/us like they should.

A good start might be requiring the leadership from top down to the local steward to attend a one week course and have it graded by an impartial person before they can continue in their respective union position.
I'm a big supporter of aptitude testing. I'd hope for it nationwide. It would give the small town office stewards a fighting chance on moving up the chain.

I'm not talking about the local steward entry exam. I'm meaning a serious exam over a variety of subjects and articles; 100 random questions from a 1,000 question bank.

Make a study guide with the entire question bank in it. Test time is a closed room test.

The top scores are first for consideration for the upper level steward spots.

I'm sure this concept could be tweaked, but I'd love to see it.

The current method of asking the state officers for their 2 bits seems like a sham to me. After all, how can the state officers know how well/poorly a steward is doing if they can never review the work?

National isn't really obligated to the state suggestion anyway. Our current selection process is about as reliable as a non-binding resolution.

What is the address to the national headquarters that we need to send the SF1188 to? Also what is the address to the shared services that we send the other copy to?

For anyone else searching for how to get out of the union here is the form you need its called SF 1188
You need to print it out and send copies to the national headquarters and HR shared services within 10 days of your union join date.
That join date is listed in your eOPF look near the oldest forms in there. It will be called PS 1187 Request for Payroll Deduction for Labor Organization Dues.

link here
(Submit copies 1 and 2 to agency payroll office. Copy 1 is retained for payroll records and Copy 2 is forwarded by the payroll office to the labor organization in accordance with the arrangement between the agency and the labor organization. Copy3 is retained by the employee.)1. Agency Payroll Copy2. Labor Organization Copy .....................................................so I guess you send it to the payroll office and they send it to Duke Street.

I believe this is a bigger problem of being able to hold station stewards, had a friend who tried for 3 years just resigned, she said that she was never sent anything special to keep up with any happening changes even for covid she had to learn this stuff just like us. Not to mention she went to 1 class for an update before covid hit and she has never filed a grievance in her station and she is scared too because she wouldn't know where to begin with all the paperwork. So this is what our union gives us to represent us as paying members. Just wonder how many more of these we have climbing the ladder and would explain why they want to keep us ALL in the dark.

I believe this is a bigger problem of being able to hold station stewards, had a friend who tried for 3 years just resigned, she said that she was never sent anything special to keep up with any happening changes even for covid she had to learn this stuff just like us. Not to mention she went to 1 class for an update before covid hit and she has never filed a grievance in her station and she is scared too because she wouldn't know where to begin with all the paperwork. So this is what our union gives us to represent us as paying members. Just wonder how many more of these we have climbing the ladder and would explain why they want to keep us ALL in the dark.
that's her DR keeping her in the dark. I have a steward friend who is very knowledgeable and she says the DR keeps everyone in the loop. I know before covid she went to 2 trainings a year, plus she can call the DR or the ADR any time she wants.

that's her DR keeping her in the dark. I have a steward friend who is very knowledgeable and she says the DR keeps everyone in the loop. I know before covid she went to 2 trainings a year, plus she can call the DR or the ADR any time she wants.
This makes me wonder why some places have good representations and other places not so much, our area has struggled with representation, we thought we would see a change when they switched are DR the only problem with that is they put in his pupil. :rolleyes: I will relay this message but I doubt it will change her mind. She is talking about dropping out of the union that is how disgusted she is.

That is the way it should be. As I have said before, I am sure there are many offices that have good stewards. Unfortunately mine is not one of them from the DR down.

link here
Thanks..if we don't get compensation for covid parcel volume last year, I hope there's a mass exodus...

Back