Where to go from here

Is there no kind of labor organization that can be approached to look in to what the NRLCA is trying to do here???? Like the NRLB or other.... :unsure:

How to File a Complaint with OLMS​

The vast majority of union officers and employees do their work diligently and without incident. Unfortunately, civil and criminal violations do sometimes occur and, when they do, the union is typically the victim. The Office of Labor-Management Standards (OLMS) enforces provisions of the Labor-Management Reporting and Disclosure Act (LMRDA), which promotes labor union democracy and financial integrity through adopting and enforcing standards for union officer elections and union trusteeships and safeguards for union assets.

How to File a Complaint with OLMS​

The vast majority of union officers and employees do their work diligently and without incident. Unfortunately, civil and criminal violations do sometimes occur and, when they do, the union is typically the victim. The Office of Labor-Management Standards (OLMS) enforces provisions of the Labor-Management Reporting and Disclosure Act (LMRDA), which promotes labor union democracy and financial integrity through adopting and enforcing standards for union officer elections and union trusteeships and safeguards for union assets.
So maybe the NLRB or OLMS could possibly have an interest in this issue.... :unsure:

This is down right disturbing and brings up a hell of a lot of questions that seriously makes me re-think the motives of the illustrious heads of the NRLCA. Perhaps it wouldn't have gotten to this point if the NRLCA wasn't so illusive in its willingness to share information with the people it is required by law to represent. If this is the action the NRLCA has decided to take, in my view it is no longer an entity that represents the people of the rural craft but an entity that ONLY serves to benefit their own self interests and clearly does NOT have the best interests of the people at heart. This action alone shows the level of corruption that the NRLCA has sunk to. It very strongly suggests and now threatens the people into believing that the ONLY way of proper representation is by becoming a member. This I believe is a violation of workers rights and should be reported to the NRLB immediately as a form of intimidation and bullying. FURTHERMORE the NRLCA has done what I feel is the bare minimum as required by law to try to adapt itself to more modern times and the pandemic in which a true effort has been made to keep in contact with its members paying or not and keep them informed and protected, a privilege that THEY themselves negotiated for as the exclusive representatives of the craft. Where are the internet Q&A's by the higher ups? Why is the website so outdated if we are paying dues? Why does it seem so difficult to get a correct answer to a question from the NRLCA? Why are efforts ONLY being made towards new hires to gain membership and not towards older members? And why are local units not promoting options to try to have socially distant gatherings such as virtual meetings for example? Federal, state and local governments, schools as well as many private businesses have ALL made efforts to try to adapt to the current social climate while the NRLCA has remained stagnate!

This website was a direct response to the NRLCA's inaction, effort, and ability to uphold the protections that it is required to uphold. If anything the NRLCA should be trying to investigate why this website has been so successful and look for a way for it to work with or incorporate it into it's folds as a method of communication.

Taken from the NLRB website:
Sec. 7. [§ 157.] Employees shall have the right to self-organization, to form, join, or assist labor organizations, to bargain collectively through representatives of their own choosing, and to engage in other concerted activities for the purpose of collective bargaining or other mutual aid or protection, and shall also have the right to refrain from any or all of such activities except to the extent that such right may be affected by an agreement requiring membership in a labor organization as a condition of employment as authorized in section 8(a)(3) [section 158(a)(3) of this title].

Is the NRLCA threatening or implying that all Rural carriers will be REQUIRED to join the union as a condition of employment as a rural carrier by the USPS and if an individual refuses faces the possibility of being terminated?

Is the NRLCA threatening or trying to claim that it is no longer an exclusive bargaining entity for the Rural craft?

This is a blatant intimidation tactic geared towards the people it represents and MUST be stopped immediately! Don't back down! PLEASE!
I would also like to add where does this censorship by the NRLCA stop? Will Rural Reddit need to be taken down? The Rural Facebook group? Discord?

I do NOT support my dues being used to fight people who are just trying to help!

(also thinking about editing this into a letter to mass mail to NRLCA headquarters, yes I'm that frekin steamed over this)

By restricting and limiting access to relevant information.... maybe this constitutes a dereliction of their representation responsibilties??? Especially for non-members who they are legally required to represent.... :unsure:

Ruralinfo -- "So, I am sure most of you have noticed that I have changed the way I share articles from the NRLCA. The reason is I have received a certified letter from the NRLCA's lawyers. From the beginning the NRLCA has been against the Ruralinfo website, but this is the first time they have gone as far as to have the lawyers get involved. I am currently trying to figure out how to respond and what this means for Ruralinfo.net."

-- The reason for such action should be obvious: The NRLCA does not like competition!

"This would also affect the knowledge base. They want anything downloaded from the NRLCA website removed from my website."

-- Apparently the NRLCA considered anything beyond the home page as proprietary.

-- With no national convention(s), that saves an estimated $1 MILLION per, so now the NRLCA has extra funds to spend ( waste ) on other ( trivial ) matters. ( JMHO )

-- Back in February 2021, President Stutts alluded to the NRLCA representing over 130,000 rural letter carriers, but if one is not a dues paying member, one doesn't get to look behind the curtain - otherwise known as the NRLCA home page.

-- Since the NRLCA made a big splash about being on several different social media sites, how many have posted questions there and have gotten a response? Well, some did post here of getting a response, but those who were not dues paying members were basically told to join to get more information.

-- Don't know if flooding the NRLCA via social media with questions and not getting a meaningful response would be sufficient to approach the NLRB with non-representation by the NRLCA.

-- There are other rural-oriented web sites out there, but none with anything like this one. Certainly none have a "Knowledgebase" section.

" I will always be forever grateful to the support I have received from rural carriers across the country."

-- Actually it is us that are forever grateful to YOU for your efforts to keep the membership ( dues-paying or not ) informed and providing a place to go with questions and also a place to vent.

To do something this dastardly, I'm assuming the Stutzsliemer had to sanction this action.... really shows what kind of "leaders" this organization has.... js.... truly sad.... :(

My guess is, this is about trying to shut down a site where peeps can come to get straight info, and find out how to quit payin' the dues that is all so precious to the annual party planners.... all the fuss about "their" info, is just a red herring, to distract from their real motives.... :censored::unsure::oops:(n)

Its simple if the "union" did at minimum an adequate job of communicating with membership this whole issue may not have come up.

The" union" by its ongoing inaction and lack of communication it certainly does not appear they are really interested in increasing membership.

The "union" might have some lawyers on retainer for whatever legal action they need to take.

Tell them to take their dumb articles and shove them? I personally don't give a crap about anything in their magazine.
The resource is the online forum to share info. Anything important from the NRLCA could be spread via "I recently heard/read this" type thing.

Tell them to take their dumb articles and shove them? I personally don't give a crap about anything in their magazine.
The resource is the online forum to share info. Anything important from the NRLCA could be spread via "I recently heard/read this" type thing.
I hate to see the excellent reference resource be lost, but again, I think that's just the red herring, they're using to attack this site.... it's about squelching voices of dissent.... :censored: :oops:

I've noticed more on here asking how to quit payin' the dues.. and you know they REALLY hate that.... js.. . Hitting them where they live.. :unsure:?‍♂️?
That's a good motive, for sure.

Obviously, there's something going on here that rankles the NRLCA. What would be the most likely thing?

However, I can admit its possible that they don't want to see something they've crafted and put out someway paraphrased, cherry-picked, etc and could be worried about that.

Whatever the reason, writing a letter costs basically nothing and is a quick way to stop behavior on a whim.

Who or what is the union trying to protect? As usual it's not about the Craft. Protecting their pay and trying to remain secretive to continue the good ole times rolling on. Can't lessons be learned. Changes can be cleansing. Craft has to roll with the punches but the union lawyers up?

Strictly a guess on my part, but much of the Knowledgebase is not copywrited material. For example, the contracts and MOUs are not owned by the NRLCA any more than they are owned by the USPS. It might be better to use non-NRLCA sources when downloading documents so the union's feathers aren't ruffled.

I think they object to the downloading of the steward's guide, mailcount information developed by the union and copies of the union magazine. I think these are clearly owned by NRLCA.

It is unfortunate the union fails to embrace the information age.

MASS EXIT!! Cannot tell you the number of carriers asking for information on getting out of union. Do they actually follow through, I do not know. Every things a secret.. district meetings...shhhh, don’t tell anyone what was discussed, state board meetings.... shhhh, don’t discuss outside of board members. Even National, “We will not divulge minutes of our meetings or board policies”! Does everyone not know we are all ENTITLED to this information per DOL? Is the NRLCA going to send a certified letter to everyone who copied information out of magazines or steward handbook and gave to a carrier who couldn’t get the information from their own steward or DR? To me this is a telling sign that things aren’t going so well in Duke Street and these officers are scrambling to gain footing. Please Delegation... CLEAN HOUSE on DUKE STREET

Back