So I was hired as an ARC and went in to take the drug test. After that got my email about the NAIC background check and my schedule for the upcoming training and orientation ahead. The next day after the drug test which was this Tuesday (took the drug test Monday of this week) I was called by another local PO that I had interviewed with about an RCA position. He offered me the job for his RCA spot. The lady that interviewed me told me I should accept the RCA spot at the other PO if he did indeed offer me the job when I interviewed with her for the ARC spot. Now I know an ARC spot is basically the bottom of the barrel. But from what I’m hearing the RCA spot isn’t much better u just get can accumulate seniority and are guaranteed at least your one day unlike as an ARC.
I accepted the RCA spot and still haven’t been able to get in touch with the other postmaster to let her know I was offered and accepted the RCA spot at another PO. And I still haven’t received any kind of email regarding accepting or declining the RCA spot. He told he I have the job but I have not received an email regarding this.
My question would be did I make the wrong decision accepting the RCA over the ARC? And could I even still decline the RCA spot after I verbally told him I accepted and go back to the ARC spot I previously accepted without issue?
Also since I accepted the RCA spot and have already taken the drug test that same week for the ARC position will I have to go back in an take another drug test for the RCA position? Also I didn’t have to take any kind f physical for the ARC would I be required to take one for the RCA position?
Just trying to see if I made the right choice and what my options are here. Thanks guys!
I accepted the RCA spot and still haven’t been able to get in touch with the other postmaster to let her know I was offered and accepted the RCA spot at another PO. And I still haven’t received any kind of email regarding accepting or declining the RCA spot. He told he I have the job but I have not received an email regarding this.
My question would be did I make the wrong decision accepting the RCA over the ARC? And could I even still decline the RCA spot after I verbally told him I accepted and go back to the ARC spot I previously accepted without issue?
Also since I accepted the RCA spot and have already taken the drug test that same week for the ARC position will I have to go back in an take another drug test for the RCA position? Also I didn’t have to take any kind f physical for the ARC would I be required to take one for the RCA position?
Just trying to see if I made the right choice and what my options are here. Thanks guys!