• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

All Aux routes getting the new Mercedes vans

my thoughts exactly when i heard our auxie AND the longest route in the office was getting the vans....... so i enquired and was told a possible scenerio......IF the Auxie has the van and completes their routes early the van AND the Auxie RCA can be used on any route with POV that breaks down...???? what yall think?
Yes, the Auxy is done early, and then will likely be used for parcel help and so forth.... :whistle:

my thoughts exactly when i heard our auxie AND the longest route in the office was getting the vans....... so i enquired and was told a possible scenerio......IF the Auxie has the van and completes their routes early the van AND the Auxie RCA can be used on any route with POV that breaks down...???? what yall think?
None of our Regs are being trained and/or certified to drive the new van, so it'd have to be one of the subs that would have to help after a POV breakdown.... :unsure:

The vans have significantly larger cargo area than do LLVs.... :unsure:
I get that they are larger than the LLV's, but thats why we don't use LLV's because they can't accommodate our routes. My POV has 135 cubic ft and I can fill that 3 times a day on my k route. These vehicles are still not big enough to help regulars on k routes.

I still dont have a $&@^#*$ VAN yet!!!
Neither does our Aux route. I don't expect it will, either. We're out in Hicksville with horrible roads. It is a testament to the toughness of the LLV, though.
I've run that route a handful of times, and it feels like that LLV is going to bust into a jillion pieces. It keeps ticking, though. Would really like to see how the Mercedes handles it.

I get that they are larger than the LLV's, but thats why we don't use LLV's because they can't accommodate our routes. My POV has 135 cubic ft and I can fill that 3 times a day on my k route. These vehicles are still not big enough to help regulars on k routes.
3 x 135 = 405 cubic feet.... js.... what kinda vehicle is gonna handle that??? :unsure:

Last edited:
We maxed out here at 20+ vans. Criteria was all routes below 36 miles, all are K routes...District assigned them.

I heard the reason why only Aux routes are getting the new vans is because they were designed to small for regular routes. The PO invested all that money and it does not accommodate the size of a K route. This is why they are throwing them at aux routes. Once again RCR 's are not getting any breaks.
Seems some offices are assigning the vans to K Routes..... :unsure:

Another thought I've had..... by introducing a Gov't vehicle in to all offices, even all POV offices.... it allows them to train all the RCAs, thereby making it easier to farm them out to other offices and for AMAZON Sunday's and so forth.... :unsure:

The "aux route" in the sh*(hole I work in was informed approx 3 months ago that the route was getting a van, no van yet. Someone finally input the new houses and it is now between 9-10 hrs instead of barely 5. We were both trained on it, and of course, I am not scheduled to get one. Typical PO BS !!

The "aux route" in the sh*(hole I work in was informed approx 3 months ago that the route was getting a van, no van yet. Someone finally input the new houses and it is now between 9-10 hrs instead of barely 5. We were both trained on it, and of course, I am not scheduled to get one. Typical PO BS !!
Are you a Reg??? :unsure:

Our Auxy got the van, but they trained all RCAs in the office on LLV & Metris.... other than the van, it's a all POV office.... :whistle:

Back