• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Anyone have crazy results?

Gained about 9 hours, was thinking maybe an hour or two. This despite subs constantly giving me 1 minute of EOS. I think it's feasible based on the insane amount of packages but was certainly surprising!

They didn't screw something up in our favor suddenly, did they?
Gained about 9 hours, was thinking maybe an hour or two. This despite subs constantly giving me 1 minute of EOS. I think it's feasible based on the insane amount of packages but was certainly surprising!

They didn't screw something up in our favor suddenly, did they?
Last sentence=would be nice yet highly doubtful
 
You wanna talk crazy results? I am here to set the record!

Craziest result was a 42J dropping to a 12H

2nd craziest. The auxiliary which was evaluated at under 6 hours a day came out to around 16 hours a day.

A route that the cutting team wrongly put a piece that was supposed to go to me, and eventually did after several grievances, dropped to about 32H.

We also a few more 43Ks dropping to between 26H and 35H. Now they have a big job to do and maybe multiple unassigned regulars.
Wow just Wow!
 
As for the 2nd route which delivers about 1000 packages a day ( even to 10 addresses) cannot be less than 48k . Just the packages itself is about 12 hrs a day . Add to that load time , numerous trip to door , mileage , normal mail , office walk etc easily will make it to 16 hrs a day . . Someone screwed up big time somewhere when adjusting the routes before freezing .

Addendum: I corrected my post after calculating . This route must have been part of humongous route before adjustment. When they cut the route they cut the real work to this auxiliary but kept all light work addresses to old route . I will bet my life that old route lost hours big time this time around. Is that the 12H or 26H ? This never would have happened if RRECS would have stored data per address . They need to distribute those 10 addresses to 3 routes even if it goes against squaring off if they want stability of routes . Alternately they can make 2 routes exclusively with this addresses and never transfer them to any other route
Your addendum is correct. They took all the volume and created an auxiliary route. Then created a bunch of baby routes. Now we have 6 or 7 auxiliary level routes ranging between 12 and 35. And the auxiliary is almost 100 standard hours.
 
Your addendum is correct. They took all the volume and created an auxiliary route. Then created a bunch of baby routes. Now we have 6 or 7 auxiliary level routes ranging between 12 and 35. And the auxiliary is almost 100 standard hours.
The guy or gal who did the adjustments before freezing was not thinking or plainly incapable of thinking . Now if they adjust again ( they probably have to and will do soon ) they can create problems again as I outlined before.
 
Why it happened to you ? Or anybody you know personally? Don’t assume anything. It is from the day of new hrs effective to next guarantee year . It is never ever zero
No, but I know how to read the contract and understand how USPS operates. There’s a reason they made the effective date of RRECS evaluation coincide with start of new guarantee year. If a route came out at 36H this latest evaluation, they are not going to pay a 40H salary. Now if a route evaluated at 41H, then lost some boxes and dropped to 39H on 11/01 due to interim adjustment, then it would get the 40 hr guarantee.
 
The guy or gal who did the adjustments before freezing was not thinking or plainly incapable of thinking . Now if they adjust again ( they probably have to and will do soon ) they can create problems again as I outlined before.
There was a team of 4 people. I had to file 3 grievances to fix the mistake they made on my route. District management realized what a terrible job they did and disbanded them. I forgot what the union rep told me, something like they aren't even in supervisor positions anymore.
 
I just want to point out one thing though . Say you have less than 400 in DPS once a month ( I haven’t less than 400 even once in my 22 years ) . Just to keep it simple to calculate say every instances it is 301 pieces . .that will make it 12 pieces a day and 72 pieces a week toward your weekly evaluation. What do you think that will add to your weekly evaluation? 3 minutes? I just thought I put out this . There are problems with RRECS . But these are not it. Number one being they are not storing the data’s per address yet which is causing all this havocs with constant fluctuations . But that was one of the biggest selling point for this system. That’s what they advertised to us . And lack of that thing is behind our most of the misery . There are few more things. To this day they never did demonstrate conclusively whether WSH flats are getting counted or not . Then the matter of subs not recording properly in day off ( I probably would do the same under the 40 hr rule ) . Things like that . Otherwise this system could have been really great
The DPS casing credit certainly is an issue with RRECS. I was simply pointing out how this section proves that USPS is blatantly not crediting things that they are supposed to. This is one of many.

The example you showed would make a weekly difference of 2.1 minutes per week. While not much, it could make the difference. But regardless, the point was to say that the identical numbers proves they are simply NOT crediting what they are required to.

I've had 12 months periods with over 80 days with less than 400 pieces. That's a big deal. The more and more volume drops or the more USPS manipulates the volume for 1-2 heavy days per week, these days with <400 pieces will increase.
 
There was a team of 4 people. I had to file 3 grievances to fix the mistake they made on my route. District management realized what a terrible job they did and disbanded them. I forgot what the union rep told me, something like they aren't even in supervisor positions anymore.
They had to promote them way on up, too much talent to waste on route adjustments.
 
No, but I know how to read the contract and understand how USPS operates. There’s a reason they made the effective date of RRECS evaluation coincide with start of new guarantee year. If a route came out at 36H this latest evaluation, they are not going to pay a 40H salary. Now if a route evaluated at 41H, then lost some boxes and dropped to 39H on 11/01 due to interim adjustment, then it would get the 40 hr guarantee.
Well read again then or as much as you like again . I am telling you after reading the languages and seeing effects on 2 people firsthand during the first fall mms of RRECS . So as far as I am concerned there is no point in arguing with someone who believes otherwise . Fall mms always becomes effective on the first day of new guarantee year — no exceptions
 
Last edited:
Is national going to release another report stating how many K H J routes were made this last count?

Why do that? To show carriers how RRECS has DESTROYED THIS CRAFT?!?!?!?

It should have been DONE EVERY COUNT.

I remember they were "BLAMING CARRIERS FOR NOT DOING SCANS" as reason routes dropped.
 
The DPS casing credit certainly is an issue with RRECS. I was simply pointing out how this section proves that USPS is blatantly not crediting things that they are supposed to. This is one of many.

The example you showed would make a weekly difference of 2.1 minutes per week. While not much, it could make the difference. But regardless, the point was to say that the identical numbers proves they are simply NOT crediting what they are required to.

I've had 12 months periods with over 80 days with less than 400 pieces. That's a big deal. The more and more volume drops or the more USPS manipulates the volume for 1-2 heavy days per week, these days with <400 pieces will increase.
The identical numbers OP was citing actually is about DPS retrieval ( misunderstanding )not casing . Ask him . We have 90+ route in our office . I bet 60 of them would be identical and probably other 30+ would be identical to different number .
 
No, but I know how to read the contract and understand how USPS operates. There’s a reason they made the effective date of RRECS evaluation coincide with start of new guarantee year. If a route came out at 36H this latest evaluation, they are not going to pay a 40H salary. Now if a route evaluated at 41H, then lost some boxes and dropped to 39H on 11/01 due to interim adjustment, then it would get the 40 hr guarantee.
If PO wanted to cheat the way you are thinking they would have made fall MMS effective 1 pay period before new guarantee year . They cheat on many things . But not this
 

Is that Goober or ShannonBoy or Wilco ?
Wrong thread speedclicker.
 
The identical numbers OP was citing actually is about DPS retrieval ( misunderstanding )not casing . Ask him . We have 90+ route in our office . I bet 60 of them would be identical and probably other 30+ would be identical to different number .
DPS Casing Credit is also under "DPS LETTERS" on the 4241a.

If people are identical, it means that zero credit was given for <400 DPS days and duplicate runs. They only got their withdrawal time. That's the point.
 
I’m curious, does anyone know how much coverage percentage factors into your evaluation? Most carriers in my office hover in the 65-70% range, but one regular says she stops at every box almost every day and hers was 90%.
 
Back
Top