• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Are We Ever Going To See This Implemented ?

They know, but they'll act shocked when this hits. They're not going to break the bad news and take a backlash from the craft. They're just hoping it won't be implemented for a long time, make their large salaries for as long as possible, then leave. They got us into this mess due to their inability to negotiate and protect the standards over the years, then leading us to the engineer study. A complete failure, alot more work, less pay, lost of days off, and now this coming at us. The new engineer standards were posted in their mag over a year ago. Isn't difficult to do the math with these lower standards. They know what's coming, but why upset us now. Dead silence. But when it all hits, much lower evaluations, sub standard routes thru out the country, loss of routes, they will rise up and guarantee us they're looking into the matter. Another lie, another false promise, and nothing accomplished.
I remember when that article came out... 1st thing the Jeannie did was emphasize this was NOT imminent... she knew, they knew, they know... this is gonna be a KILLER... ?

Last edited:
So is it fair that as of now I get paid for a standard of 30mph when my whole route is a posted limit of 25 mph? And that's ignoring the fact that I never get up to 25 mph. I'm also assuming you're a nonL. You get 2 minutes per box, while I get 1.82.
Where was the hue and cry when all of us suburban routea were getting f****d all these years?

And all dismounts we do!

My route has nothing over 30 mph from beginning to end. But under rrecs I have stretches on my route where I will be paid at 39.45 mph. If this gps can tell where we are, how far we go up driveways, then it should determine the speed we do in between boxes that factor in traffic, road pavement, snow and ice, etc. Those winter days we will still be credited for 39.45 mph even though we're going about 10 mph.

So is it fair that as of now I get paid for a standard of 30mph when my whole route is a posted limit of 25 mph? And that's ignoring the fact that I never get up to 25 mph. I'm also assuming you're a nonL. You get 2 minutes per box, while I get 1.82.
Where was the hue and cry when all of us suburban routea were getting f****d all these years?
I’m sure your paved, salted and plowed roads all these years are better than my gravel, dirt and non plowed or salted roads. Everyone has something different too deal with.

My route is 85 miles low volume/high mileage I get 2 min a mile, under new system the max I get between boxes that are a mile apart is 1:30 a mile in 3 places. The rest is way under that. I will lose over 5 hrs just in driving standard alone. Now high volume/low mileage do not have the mileage factor too lose near as bad. Say a route is 30 miles. You may only lose under 2 hrs compared to my 5 hrs. No routes will be slaughtered like low volume/high mileage. I am down 5 hrs and we have not figured in anything but mileage. The fact I have gravel and dirt roads was not even a consideration in the study and either was weather factor. Most low mileage routes are pavement.
I know I am mathematically challenged and my calculator appears to have been hacked, but.
85 * 12 /60 - 17 hours under current system
85 * 5280 * 0.00029 * 6 / 60 = 13 hours under worst case of new system

If the numbers I have are correct (0.00029 per foot as max speed/min time allowance) then the most one can lose is 25 percent. Any mileage where you stop more frequently than about a half mile in between gives you time back. Obviously a big hit and bigger depending on how far the boxes are generally spaced.
Mileage has never taken into consideration weather conditions, road surfaces or speed zones, and it really should. Have you asked your union people why it doesn't?
In general this system is fairer overall, but one size never ever fits all. Just look at the numbers, if you get paid twice as much for one quarter and 3/4 as much for three quarters how bad do you do?

I know I am mathematically challenged and my calculator appears to have been hacked, but.
85 * 12 /60 - 17 hours under current system
85 * 5280 * 0.00029 * 6 / 60 = 13 hours under worst case of new system

If the numbers I have are correct (0.00029 per foot as max speed/min time allowance) then the most one can lose is 25 percent. Any mileage where you stop more frequently than about a half mile in between gives you time back. Obviously a big hit and bigger depending on how far the boxes are generally spaced.
Mileage has never taken into consideration weather conditions, road surfaces or speed zones, and it really should. Have you asked your union people why it doesn't?
In general this system is fairer overall, but one size never ever fits all. Just look at the numbers, if you get paid twice as much for one quarter and 3/4 as much for three quarters how bad do you do?
Okay, I'll admit it... I'm the one who hacked your calculator, just so we could have some fun....

Just know we all appreciate your thoughtful and thought-provoking posts.... and that's said with joking aside... (y)

I really don't see how peeps will ever meet
their evals under these standards...

So they're sayin' 2021 implementation now??? Lots of peeps jumping ship then...
And this will be the end of the rural craft because if a person is never able to succeed at meeting the eval because of the frustration factor, they will quit or retire. A person can only take so much pressure on performance before you just don't care anymore.

As I have also said from day one it’s a bloodbath, yet some idiots on Facebook say getting credit for big parcels will make up for most of the losses in standards WTH! My 44k will be a J route guaranteed and all these H routes currently will be sub standard. Many carriers will lose their jobs over this. I truly feel a lot of carriers and union have no clue how this will decimate the rural craft as a whole. RCA’s are going to be non existent because nobody will want this job, hell we can’t hire any now.
They won't need rca's because their won't be any k routes left...

Yes @uselesshasbeen you are spot on. Worst possible drive time under RRECS is 3/4 of current system.

I've played with my drive time numbers, and I don't think losses will be as bad as initially anticipated. A lot of boxes have to be spaced 1 mile+ apart before it starts to really hurt.

And short, box heavy routes will see some decent gains.

But I do wish they came up with a simpler system. The drive speed matrix will be difficult for a carrier to check.

My route is 85 miles low volume/high mileage I get 2 min a mile, under new system the max I get between boxes that are a mile apart is 1:30 a mile in 3 places. The rest is way under that. I will lose over 5 hrs just in driving standard alone. Now high volume/low mileage do not have the mileage factor too lose near as bad. Say a route is 30 miles. You may only lose under 2 hrs compared to my 5 hrs. No routes will be slaughtered like low volume/high mileage. I am down 5 hrs and we have not figured in anything but mileage. The fact I have gravel and dirt roads was not even a consideration in the study and either was weather factor. Most low mileage routes are pavement.
And here I thought I was going to be bad off. 85 miles...that's my route distance for one pay period (8.5@day). 5 hrs in one fell swoop from driving alone is incomprehensible.

My money makers are DPS and parcels under current standards. Last count was 2700 DPS@day = 9 hrs. From what I'm reading in here, I'll lose a 1/3 or 3 hrs. Half of what I get that were deemed parcels will fit in a CBU mailbox and the rest in parcel lockers. 5-10 a day to the door...something I won't get that appears to be the consensus great equalizer in RRECS. Still haven't figured out where the 230 minutes@week for 115 CBUs got redistributed in this mess, if at all.

And this will be the end of the rural craft because if a person is never able to succeed at meeting the eval because of the frustration factor, they will quit or retire. A person can only take so much pressure on performance before you just don't care anymore.
I've heard @R5 argue that someone wake up a derail this beast before it destroys us... but, the chances are likely slim to none... and somebody said Slim just left town... :oops:

I have people in my office that beat their eval by 2-5 hours daily. Even at Christmas they beat it by 1-3 hours. They complain if they have to make 2nd trips & expect assistance during the holidays. If we went Hourly, I’d be fine but they would lose HUGE! I suspect that a few clock in way after they get to work & others cheated during count. My office is TOO lenient on start times & we aren’t typically watched during Mail counts.
Yesterday, 3 other Regs got back from route before I left to start mine meaning they completely delivered their routes in just over 2 hours. I suspect they’ll be crying with RRECS new mandatory scans & likely won’t comply. Then they’ll really be crying with the results.
I am in the belief that RRECS will even things out when the timing variables come into play & most peeps will finally get paid for what they do & no what they don’t do. JMO.

We like to talk about the "bump" here as people working off the clock. But if you look at the engineering study, here are the real bumps:

1) carriers speeding like maniacs
2) flying past boxes
3) and when they finally do stop, grabbing a handful of DPS and slinging it without a second glance

Good News! The bump is gone; these are now the standards :(

Back