• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

CV-19 & Masks

"The USPS is following all CDC guidelines and requirements to keep employees safe." That was the scanner notification this morning. ?

Yesterday's was, " tell MGMT if the heat is bothering you." We about died laughing at that one. But all 100 employees dutifully informed our MGMT that the heat was bothering us. The brilliant response, " what do you expect me to do about it? Stop talking to me." ?

We have masks in our offices. Enough for each carrier to obtain a fresh mask daily. Gloves. Sanitizer for hands and vehicles. Custodial help to wipe down cases am and pm with disinfectant. Our state requires masks in our office situation and when out in public. We typically remove them when delivering LLV if we're not on a business or walk in route.

"The USPS is following all CDC guidelines and requirements to keep employees safe." That was the scanner notification this morning. ?

Yesterday's was, " tell MGMT if the heat is bothering you." We about died laughing at that one. But all 100 employees dutifully informed our MGMT that the heat was bothering us. The brilliant response, " what do you expect me to do about it? Stop talking to me." ?
Hahahaha tell management you're following orders from the scanner message dictator. Not your fault. Maybe they'll go into their office and lock the door and you can get some real work done.

I have my own masks, I am not using the cloth ones that are hot as hell when ya wear it inside, and our PO is kept comfortable in the heat.

If the president of this United States doesn’t wear one, why should I be forced to wear one? ALL of humanity turned into diseased cockroaches overnight?? I for one do not buy into all of this and I do not feel I should be forced to wear one.
It may all be one giant conspiracy theory.... :unsure: ??:giggle:

We had some.

I have about 7 disposable ones left in a baggie in my locker at work.
They gave me ONE cloth mask. I can't use it every day.

If they want me to wear one, they can get some for me to wear.

I'm not buying the copy paper, the ink pens or the toilet paper, either.
I noticed the clerks pitching parcels in our hampers had new surgical masks on.
I asked them where they found them, because I couldn't find any.

Management put them in a desk drawer because "people were stealing them."

I went over to the supervisors' desk and asked for one. They pulled open the drawer and let me take one.

We just had two positive cases at our local office so are now required to wear masks.
They suck, but we all understand the precautions. Post office put 3 cloth ones at each case. They actually gave us some about 3 weeks ago also.
The one thing they were not late on, hand sanitizer arrived about 4 weeks ago.

Here is image of what hangs on my Nursing Home delivery point. The secretary meets me at the door to collect in going and hands me the out going. Scan all now as.... Left with Individual rather than Front Desk Reception.

Another sign on their door is " No Cloth Masks Allowed". Since no visitation is going on... I'm guessing for employees, medical transport and funeral home body snatchers.

I do not sport a mask while delivering. Forced to wear one at the 1 local grocery store. They have a person who hands them out if you do not have one. But... I can free face at WalMart, local lumberyard and many other places.

1593207205768.png

I wear a mask in the office, I will take it from my chin, over my face if I must be in close contact with someone.
(I was wearing it on my face constantly inside, but it rubbed against one of my eyes. My eye swelled up for 10-12 days. I got relief at home with hot compresses.)

I wear it over my face going into businesses on the route. I will wear it when I do a signature item.
I hang it from the head light knob in the LLV when I'm not wearing it.
Any indoor public place in our state requires mask use, except at restaurants, where you can remove it at your table.

I'm very conscious of the people with compromising circumstances.
Age, asthma, diabetes, African Americans, men, anyone medically fragile.

I've been researching it.
Men are at a higher risk of death. (Estrogen helps protect women.)
Some doctors say African Americans are at a higher risk for infection.

I wear a mask while in the office, and remove when leaving the office to deliver curbside and CBU. I get a new mask daily, and it has trained me to keep hands away from face, and to wash frequently and use sanitizer in between. I'm conscious of what I touch.

Off work, I wear a mask when entering a public place. I don't mask when taking my daily hour or so walks, because I can easily distance from anyone in the park without issue. I shop as infrequently as possible, don't entertain visitors.

I'm not certain where science is on this, as there have been so many reports on both sides. But masks, hands away from face, limiting contact gives us old farts a better chance of not contracting i believe. It's not an intrusion in my life, except the limitations on traveling to see relatives.

The key isn't really the mask, it's distancing and surfaces and not touching face. The mask helps with that, and may also help with contagiousness.

Back