• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

CV-19 & Masks

The only people I come in contact with typically are those I work with. We are fortunate to have fresh masks daily at work, so since everyone is cooperative about masks at work, we have no issues. We do try to social distance at work, it doesn't always happen, but we do try to keep away from each other. Everyone is polite about it. We understand. I don't see it as infringing on my rights, my employer has the authority to act.

Good question. Our offices have had PPE from the start. We just received another 4 gallons of sanitizer on Friday. We've never run out of it. We did have a gap in masks for about five days, when the PM handed out the emergency cloth masks from district, package of 5 each, reusable, but then the surgicals came in and no gaps since then, Plenty of surface sanitizer, which we use for cases and vehicles. Seems they at least care about this issue anyway. Several other offices I've contacted have varying levels of PPE, so I'm guessing it's who's doing the procurement for your office or central office supply management, or perhaps our sources are better stocked, who knows. Perhaps they just don't want to spend the budget money. Pick one!!

You are very lucky. You work in a good office. We can't get squat. They always say "Its on order".

Carriers are cheaper than masks.

We were to deliver anthrax drugs if the need arose. Yet, there does not appear to be a formal plan in place to protect us while doing so.

Supposedly we were to have access to the anthrax drugs in turn for distributing them but administered with what?

We are getting some masks and support now after it became politically expedient to do so.

I believe we are viewed as cannon fodder no more no less.

I always wear my mask if I am going to be in contact with ANYONE but not in my vehicle. I buy and use germX. I have always worn gloves even before Covid. In my area everything is so hard to find these days.
Same here, but gloves only since Covid. I hang mask from tilted rearview mirror between CBUs, but had to remove air freshener tree, dice, and CD to keep from getting tangled up.

Everyone in my district. I've worn gloves for years. Due to being a long-term health professional I know what drugs are in the mail, I know the diseases out there, I know that 1 in 4 people have a transmittable disease. And as we all know Now, nobody washes their body parts long enough or well enough. Mom was right- people have cooties according to most doctors.

So, what's the percentage of people with all 8 infections?!
Carriers are cheaper than masks.

We were to deliver anthrax drugs if the need arose. Yet, there does not appear to be a formal plan in place to protect us while doing so.

Supposedly we were to have access to the anthrax drugs in turn for distributing them but administered with what?

We are getting some masks and support now after it became politically expedient to do so.

I believe we are viewed as cannon fodder no more no less.
I agree.

I see a lot options about wearing or not wearing a mask. Does anyone know actually way the union feela about this situation. I been told we mandated cause my state county mandated. But physical activity is exempt. Is this not physical work?
Just wondering how our union feels?

I see a lot options about wearing or not wearing a mask. Does anyone know actually way the union feela about this situation. I been told we mandated cause my state county mandated. But physical activity is exempt. Is this not physical work?

I don't know where the union stands on that, but I enjoy living and will wear my mask religiously and daily no matter what!

Some union lady high up in my Dist called my cell after work and reprimanded me for supposedly not understanding that I have an employer, their name is USPS and if THEY tell me I have to wear a mask, even though we CAN easily social distance in our office of 2 1/2 routes, and I hadn’t worn one up until last week, (after this fantastically degrading call) which, btw, she never bothered to ask if I had any health condition or difficulty or any questions about me nor my situation....). But coldly explained that I would be walked off the clock for 2 weeks in some sort of “time out” which I, in turn explained they could have at it, and I’d love to see them cover my 200+ packages every single day that I certainly was NOT being paid for by MY employer ...... so, not sure if this answers your question or not, but the union being FOR the Usps and not us is hugely apparent in my eyes. I think even less of them now, if that was possible.
And, county I use gym at, only requires the mask walking through common areas and we don’t wear them working out, but ok, let’s make a difficult job even more difficult .

I don't know where the union stands on that, but I enjoy living and will wear my mask religiously and daily no matter what!
Really????? I’m glad you feel secure wearing your mask! I myself am not running around like a coward from Covid. It currently has killed less people than the flu or car accidents this year so far. (Look it up) Do you still drive? I do. How concerned were you during flu season? Not saying it’s not a serious illness. But let’s not blow it up like the media wants you to. I really don’t judge people for wearing a mask but to mandate me to is crazy. And then to hand me one and say it’s for everyone’s protection from Covid and the label on it clearly stated will not stop the spread of Covid or protect you from it, is completely ignorant and asinine!

like the saying goes, if you don't like wearing a mask, your probably not going to be fond of wearing a ventilator either...

I dont see this truly ending until a vaccine is found, I do not agree with some who say by the end of the year, that is based on how long it has taken for other vaccines to be produced.

I have never had a flu shot, but, I will get this vaccine.

i have read, that the quickest any vaccine has gone, from disease acknowledgement to available vaccine, has been 4 years. to think we will have something at the end of this year, is crazy. to think i would get a shot of something, that has not been tested for long term side effects, is crazy as well.

Really????? I’m glad you feel secure wearing your mask! I myself am not running around like a coward from Covid. It currently has killed less people than the flu or car accidents this year so far. (Look it up) Do you still drive? I do. How concerned were you during flu season? Not saying it’s not a serious illness. But let’s not blow it up like the media wants you to. I really don’t judge people for wearing a mask but to mandate me to is crazy. And then to hand me one and say it’s for everyone’s protection from Covid and the label on it clearly stated will not stop the spread of Covid or protect you from it, is completely ignorant and asinine!

Do you have a source for your claim that Covid has killed less people than the flu or car accidents this year so far? A quick Google search does not have a final estimate of the flu deaths for 2019-2020. However, the 2018-2019 estimate from the CDC for flu deaths is 34,157 and the traffic fatalities for 2019 is 36,120 according to the NHTSA. The Covid deaths as of 7/11 was 137,403.

I have been off work for a week. Just got my positive covid test result back this morning. Tonite while cooking dinner I realized I had zero sense of smell and a diminshed sense of taste. My husband is sick and we now worry about at risk family. I contracted it at work.
Wear the mask!
Same here, but we are mandated to wear a mask. And I still got it. So seems a mask didn't work for me.

Do you have a source for your claim that Covid has killed less people than the flu or car accidents this year so far? A quick Google search does not have a final estimate of the flu deaths for 2019-2020. However, the 2018-2019 estimate from the CDC for flu deaths is 34,157 and the traffic fatalities for 2019 is 36,120 according to the NHTSA. The Covid deaths as of 7/11 was 137,403.
Traffic deaths in USA yes, globally about 1.3million. Coronavirus Disease 2019 vs. the Flu
Here is good article to read. Compares them both. Take notice of words like, could, May, might, possibly,. Just saying why take

Really we could debate it for days, and depending on what report we read.
My only thought was why is usps saying they are mandating me to wear a mask to prevent spreading and then tell me here is the mask and clearly it’s pointless according to what they handed me. It’s already hot inside and out. I already wash my hands like a person should anyways. Just one more thing po wants to control. Haha again my opinion. Not say anything more.

Back