Drats! The New Vans!

DB.Cooper

Next rate hike.... customers will be sayin'.... no wonder, we're paying for you to ride around in those brand damned new Mercedes-Benz AC'd vans.... we'll just smile and say, have a nice day.... Service with a smile... :)

MiddleOfNowhere

drove past the hawkeye district post office over the weekend. they had probably 75 of the new vans sitting there. i pulled in to have a look, and one of the ones where i stopped was unlocked, so i got to look inside. pretty nice, but took i minute to locate the shifter.( located on right side of steering column, similar to the turn signal stem). key goes in on left side of column. huge tray in them, so anyone halfway organized should be able to get 5 or 6 trays of letters and a couple tubs of small parcels, on the tray. customers won't know what there are, as benz star has been removed from grille, and replaced with an p.o. eagle. backup camera probably on all the time, to serve as a rearview mirror. radio, power windows, air and heat will be a vast improvement for current llv drivers. even a cupholder mounted right at air vent, to keep your beverage hot or cold.

no way to remove cage, as it supports the tray, but should be doable if you can keep parcels organized. you'll be dismounting to go to the door with large boxes anyway. spare tire, was just laying on the floor in the back. would hope they come up with a mount to put it standing on the side.

Haychica

100% ^^^^^^

That cage will be a nightmare for most if not all carriers including me. As someone who runs POV & LLV routes equally. The nice part of the LLV for me is that I can put 3 trays in the tray (I.E. DPS, flats, SPR (small packages)) or (DPS & flats together, SPR, & little bigger packages or papers on paper day) then I can put packages that are bigger but fit between the chair and under the tray in order so when I stop at a house, all I have to do is grab and go. Then when I get back to LLV, I just look down and I know where my bigger packages goes. Once I run out of them, go back and grab the next batch to move up there. If I have that cage in, have to stop, go to back, find it, and go. It will slow me down so much. Then I will have to write it down or something because I will forget them. At least with LLV I can glance at them and move them up by me
Yes...bc we all know the package look ahead had never and will never work.

flash

drove past the hawkeye district post office over the weekend. they had probably 75 of the new vans sitting there. i pulled in to have a look, and one of the ones where i stopped was unlocked, so i got to look inside. pretty nice, but took i minute to locate the shifter.( located on right side of steering column, similar to the turn signal stem). key goes in on left side of column. huge tray in them, so anyone halfway organized should be able to get 5 or 6 trays of letters and a couple tubs of small parcels, on the tray. customers won't know what there are, as benz star has been removed from grille, and replaced with an p.o. eagle. backup camera probably on all the time, to serve as a rearview mirror. radio, power windows, air and heat will be a vast improvement for current llv drivers. even a cupholder mounted right at air vent, to keep your beverage hot or cold.

no way to remove cage, as it supports the tray, but should be doable if you can keep parcels organized. you'll be dismounting to go to the door with large boxes anyway. spare tire, was just laying on the floor in the back. would hope they come up with a mount to put it standing on the side.
Backup camera only comes on w reverse.
The key is electronic, but also has a metal key inside the fob incase you lose power and need to get into vehicle. The park button is odd, but it has safety feature of auto parking when door is opened. Otherwise good assessment of the metris!

Voglio-il mio

I will be writing that fool ronnie stutts about the cage in the new vans. If he dont have them removed or add substantial times for having to keep getting out, i will tell him that i will be going for overtime every week until the cage is removed.
Do you think he will know what you are talking about or better yet care?

Deer smearer

We got "trained" on the new vans today.

We were told that district wants us to check the oil level every time we stop to get gas. Apparently the new vans are losing oil :unsure:

Also I noticed it has an ECO Start/Stop system that cuts the engine off whenever you stop... so I wonder how that's going to work when you're doing curbside delivery.
Not your job.

flash

We got "trained" on the new vans today.

We were told that district wants us to check the oil level every time we stop to get gas. Apparently the new vans are losing oil :unsure:

Also I noticed it has an ECO Start/Stop system that cuts the engine off whenever you stop... so I wonder how that's going to work when you're doing curbside delivery.
Press the “A” button
74D13E64-E09A-47ED-9706-8F1878DCCC41.jpeg
The A button undoes the start stop feature but needs to be pressed every time the vehicle is turned on.
The button to left selects the mode you drive in... indicator is on dash