• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

It's a Covid-little Christmas

RDruckus

(Think, "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas," by Judy Garland in the movie, Meet Me in St Louis.)
,???????

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have yourself a COVID-little Christmas,
It's the postal way!
From now on the work load will outstrip your pay.

Springtime days, where we made up some lost time,
seem to be no more.
Ruined backs, and second trips rip up the score!

Through the slog, we'll all work parcels
that exceed "eval," once more,
While callous bosses watch us struggling,
Ronnie Stutts, the same thing, that boar!

You thank fate if you don't get sent back out,
to help some other plebe.
Who'll fix our plight when we're not ever hourly?

So, if it helps, you have all of my sympathy.

Last edited:
Always wonder what it would be like to have Christmas in the Summertime just like Australia. I was slightly jealous that down under could do Christmas during warm and long sunny days.

Done at 515 today. Started at 7...another 10 hr day. Nobody running out of cash around here. 157 to the door, 263 total. 2 trips llv. Another DACA 5 this week. I'm really tired of Xmas in the summer. I dont live in Argentina. On top of that, ups will start charging a premium after May 31. Think the large e commerce shippers might try and avoid that by sending more to the always obliging USPS..? Getting to Gotropes frame of mind. Not giving a s#$t. Btw. Counted @ 57 scans.

So here we are coming up on the end of June, 4 months into covid Christmas. From where we stand there is no end game to this storm. Mail and flats have been increasing in the last 10 days. Packages are well, out of control still. Many small stores are not opening and the larger ones have many restrictions. Shopping on line continues to ramp up. After 4 months, no rcas hired anywhere around us, no spare trucks, no vacations or time off! Just an attaboy from district and platitudes from the union.

I'm worried! The last 2 weeks 2 regulars have called in twice in the same week. That never happens in our small office. I fear the stress, and overwork are finally being manifested physically/emotionally. I know I feel beat up and I was an arborist in a previous life who is used to doing heavy physical work . Today was another 10+ hour day on my 41k with over 255scans and 2 llv trips.

Any positive news or signs out there in Amazonia that we can cling to? Btw, ups dropped 400 parcels on us this am that go tmrw! Ouch. We need some positive news! I'm sorry, but the step 4 grievance does nothing for me. Thats how little faith I have in our union!

So here we are coming up on the end of June, 4 months into covid Christmas. From where we stand there is no end game to this storm. Mail and flats have been increasing in the last 10 days. Packages are well, out of control still. Many small stores are not opening and the larger ones have many restrictions. Shopping on line continues to ramp up. After 4 months, no rcas hired anywhere around us, no spare trucks, no vacations or time off! Just an attaboy from district and platitudes from the union.

I'm worried! The last 2 weeks 2 regulars have called in twice in the same week. That never happens in our small office. I fear the stress, and overwork are finally being manifested physically/emotionally. I know I feel beat up and I was an arborist in a previous life who is used to doing heavy physical work . Today was another 10+ hour day on my 41k with over 255scans and 2 llv trips.

Any positive news or signs out there in Amazonia that we can cling to? Btw, ups dropped 400 parcels on us this am that go tmrw! Ouch. We need some positive news! I'm sorry, but the step 4 grievance does nothing for me. Thats how little faith I have in our union!

There is no positive news!

Same here. The long days, stupid amount of parcels, the ? degree heat and shortage of subs is taking it's toll. We have rca's so that's a plus. Just not enough. People are using the remote call in to request time off and refusing to answer phones. Mgmt never checks the system, so sometimes it can be nearly 10 or after before they figure out routes are down. No one at work brings a down route to mgmt attention. Not our job.

And it does appear the increased surcharge from other shippers is offloading the biggest stuff to us. Today I delivered along with the last mile and Amazon: 2 mattresses, 4 pools, 9 pieces of furniture, a saddle, 7- 40lb bags of system salt, 2 office printers, a picnic table, a frisbee golf set with chain poles, 2 - 10 foot rugs, a set of off-road tires, Shoei helmet, 2 cases of water, an exercise gym and the one that really got my dander up...a f#$@&+*$# Christmas tree and stand.

Now, I love Christmas. I decorate with lights and banners and all the fun stuff. But I think delivering Christmas level parcels since last September has cooked my good will. People at work have stopped me and said I've been awfully quiet. I just agree and walk away. I'm trying to just get through another day without handing in a resignation. A telecon this morning was asking mgrs to canvas city regulars to work ( at v time) their holiday to free up cca's for...parcel assistance. The irony about caused me to walk out after bring told no assistance.

Just told this morning that my route will be cut due to too many second trips with my POV. When the LLVs have to do second trips, what do they expect? Not really worried about the route cut. Who will carry the part that is cut? No route to add it to. No RCAs at all in the office. 2080 a far off dream. 2240 might be a dream also. The size of the packages continues to grow. number stays around 160/day, more on Mondays. I was counted at 57/day at last count. I see no answers or end to this package problem. The cry from management is "There's no mail, so you should be able to get done within evaluation." Okay, some days I can, but I am not making up any of the time from before. Summer used to be an easy time. This gets harder to deal with every day. USPS management can cut all they want. Someone has to move the continuous Amazon parcel load. Management has been advertising for subs continuously since October. One applicant who made it through academy only to totally fail at OJT. Just could not get it, no organization skills. I am discouraged.

Llv second trips??? On my route its 3 trips. Every stinking day.

If you don't want a route cut, I would argue mgmt failed to manage extraordinary pandemic volumes in violation of art 9.2. Document your parcels and scans daily on 4240 if you haven't begun to do so. Documentation wins the day. And post a copy of your last 4241 next to 4240. Also, find out what the cargo volume of your ride is and compare to llv. If likewise, they are up a creek.

I hear ya! The NRLCA posted the monthly rag on the web site today, I browsed it quickly same old shit nothing of any substance about any thing we really want to know! What a waste of time and money being a member!

you guys I can’t believe this is a real place, and how am I just finding it ? I been having 400 plus scans a day regularly. Oh my ! Signing off,just a stinky lil sub figuring this all out.View attachment 1976
Welcome Frank Stank! We've all been there. Feel free to vent and ask anything. There is a wealth of knowledge and support on this site! Good luck, brother carrier! Stay safe.

Back