• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Mail Count 2019

How exactly do you keep your "scanners on our body" all the time? I still haven't figured that out. No one in our office has either. Only one that I know of uses the scanner holder but it really doesn't work practically since it's so big. Do you actually wear this and have your scanner in it climbing in and out of vehicle etc....?
That's what the city carriers do.However, we don't have a uniform obligation to wear pants that have belt loops...look for THIS to be changed in the new contract imo.

That's what the city carriers do.However, we don't have a uniform obligation to wear pants that have belt loops...look for THIS to be changed in the new contract imo.

I use a second belt, made of leather I got in the men's section of the store. ( No belt loops needed.) Anything that can hold up a honking big handgun will be fine for the scammer holster. Some posters strap the bottom of the holster to their thigh with a dog collar or a piece of Velcro.

Then it's one less thing to worry about during Mail Count 2019. ;)

On a side note, this is how and where I keep it in the truck...next to my right hand and secured.20190415_141545_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• 20190415_141545_HDR.jpg
    20190415_141545_HDR.jpg
    316.3 KB · Views: 5
On a side note, this is how and where I keep it in the truck...next to my right hand and secured.View attachment 243
I would ask the guy responsible for maintaining the trucks for some cleaning supplies so I could stay on top of things. He would look at me like I was speaking French. I kept some stuff at my case and would wipe the truck (and the case) down every now and then. Anal? Maybe, but I had to look at that stuff every day.

The clip of the scanner holster can be wedged in the dash of the LLV.. It’s a thin covering so it can be pried a little farther away from the truck. The best location that works is if you pull the tray closest to the seat and about an inch from that area there’s a spot on the flat dash where that panel is looser (not near an attachment screw). Word of caution, if your truck goes to the VMF, you will never see it again. Take it out, and put it in your case drawer. If you don’t want your heavy rubber mat from the cargo area to go MIA, duct tape a giant note on it that says it better return with the truck. If you are in the snow belt that 75-80 lb mat helps with weight in the bad weather. These two items get snatched routinely after service.

The best location that works is if you pull the tray closest to the seat and about an inch from that area there’s a spot on the flat dash where that panel is looser (not near an attachment screw).
Used to use that as well. Then VMF took all of those panels out of our LLVs. :(

You would think that would be considered health and safety hazard. After all, they clean the stations on a daily basis.

I worked in a large office. We had ventilation shafts running up near the ceiling. They were caked in dust. We would wonder what we were breathing in. Every now and then maintenance would clean our cases and make a big deal about how much work it was. I kept wipes at my case to make it and my truck somewhat presentable.
Another hoot was maintenance would complain when we brought snow in on our equipment and it messed up the floor. It drug these guys away from their coffee and doughnuts.

I use a second belt, made of leather I got in the men's section of the store. ( No belt loops needed.) Anything that can hold up a honking big handgun will be fine for the scammer holster. Some posters strap the bottom of the holster to their thigh with a dog collar or a piece of Velcro.

Then it's one less thing to worry about during Mail Count 2019. ;)
Back to that point... is anybody giving any sort of odds on whether or not we'll actually be having a mail count this year... anybody check to see what the odds are in Vegas on this... or maybe the odds of having a convention in Vegas???

gerl2 -- "You would think that would be considered health and safety hazard. After all, they clean the stations on a daily basis."

-- Not necessarily. Back in the days, if caught up on casing or waiting for DPS or parcels, two of us would get mops and brooms and fox-tails to attack the gathered dust on top of and below and behind our cases.

PastOThrity et al -- "I am surprised anyone believes we won’t have one [ a September count ]."

-- The last count one was in FEB-MAR 2018.

-- Arbitrator Clarke established FEB-MAR as the "preferred" time frame ( with help from the NRLCA ). So that 2019 time frame has passed.

-- The contract ( expired or other wise ) allows for a count over the last 12 working days of ANY September - provided the USPS gives at least 30-days notice.

-- Some areas report Amazon is doing more of their own parcel deliveries. If routes that were counted when doing Amazon deliveries, then the USPS would want to have those routes counted ( ASAP ) instead of keep paying the evaluations based on Amazon delivery.

-- If no September count, it would be 2 years without a count. Even longer if they some how overlooked putting in a 2020 count. Remember the 2015-2018 contract did not have a 2017 count included, which would have been a 3-weak count. BTW, 2019 would have been a 3-weak count too. No conspiracy here -- just another "postal" coincidence.

I am surprised anyone believes we won’t have one. The only way we don’t is if we go hourly, and they can stand on demonstrated ability when a few start to go slow for dough.

Also... what about that statement in the "time study" MOU that says the results "will" be implemented with the very next mail count following the study??? Will the next count implement RRECS in accordance with the MOU??? :unsure:

DB.Cooper et al -- "what about that statement in the "time study" MOU that says the results "will" be implemented with the very next mail count following the study?"

-- Actually Arbitrator Clarke's award reads: "The revised Evaluated Compensation System will be effective with the next scheduled mail count."

-- If one wants to nit-pick:

- The Evaluated Compensation System has now morphed into RRECS ( Rural Route Evaluated Compensation System ).

- As far as "scheduled mail count" is concerned, scheduled mail counts are specified in a national agreement ( contract ). Unlike the 2010-2015 contract which "slipped" in a count for 2016 which was out side of the contract period, the 2015-2018 contract made no provision for a 2019 ( heck, they didn't even include one for 2017 ) or any other mail count. The "September of any year" provision, well, that is not really a "scheduled" count.

- Also the 2010-2015 award called for: "The parties agree to proceed in good faith and in all due haste so that the revised Evaluated Compensation System WILL be implemented by May 20, 2015. ( Its 4-year anniversary almost here! ) ( could it be "good faith and all in all due haste" weren't adhered to? )

gerl2 -- "You would think that would be considered health and safety hazard. After all, they clean the stations on a daily basis."

-- Not necessarily. Back in the days, if caught up on casing or waiting for DPS or parcels, two of us would get mops and brooms and fox-tails to attack the gathered dust on top of and below and behind our cases.

You seem to be a very smart person, that is janitor work. My office its a clerks job. Back in my day when LLV's came out, they hired crews to come and power wash LLV's.

gerl2 -- " that is janitor work."

-- Right you are! But the custodian / janitor never complained.

-- We made sure he was working in the other post office!

gerl2 -- " that is janitor work."

-- Right you are! But the custodian / janitor never complained.

-- We made sure he was working in the other post office!

Yah I am not a fan of doing other crafts job. So would you say that cleaning LLV's would be janitorial work? or in some smaller offices Clerks? ?

Back