• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

NRLCA. RRECS training

Too many unanswered questions tied to RRECS. National grievances will have to settle the unknown. Like with the old mail count, didn't they thrown out three national counts before it actually took hold? Its just a shame table 2ers think they know how it all needs to go down. Patience grasshopper.

@Carrierguy … IMO… to start a paper trail and documentation, put in writing a request to see all documentation for your rte.. EOR, PNI, scans, time input per 4240, etc. give 24 hrs for each day. Have management sign request. If won’t sign, notate as such ( no arguments, unlike me😈). Then file grievance for failure of management to provide necessary tools and equipment for a carrier to preform one’s job. This way you’ve started the process when you grieve RRECS

On the issue of whether the union "owes" all carriers access to RRECs training/info, I don't feel they owe it to all. But, it seems like something that would benefit the union to do.

Kinda like the US' history of helping other nations rebuild after a war. Seems strange and costly, but in the long term (theoretically) it can be a benefit because it steers that nation toward democracy or other ends that prove beneficial toward the US.

Allowing all to see it could only result in better RRECs participation and benefit the craft overall. It might even bring in a few new members?

The union would hold mail count meetings too. Every. Single. Time. Might even be easier now, they can do videos and upload to the NRLCA website.
I went to the meetings and they said what should be counted but they didn't explain every little part. They were more interested in eating. I went to the meeting for rrecs and they were explaining and answering questions plus all of the zoom meetings and other online info. People know more than they admit and know the numbers for the formulas are bad and it doesn't look good.

I found it interesting. A dues paying coworker and I were discussing the training video. She can't get through it and doesn't want to watch it. She said she likes to forget about work as soon as she leaves.
This is the consensus with my other coworkers. Then there is me that will spend hours reading and trying to understand the job on my off time.

I worked 15 years in a different industry. Training was encouraged and you actually got paid for the training. Some was on the job training and some training involved attending seminars and classes. My employer paid for my training always.
It's just weird here at the if
If people have access to union info and don't want to use it that is on them but if non union members feel the union has information they need why not be a member. Half of America feels they are intitled to someone else's benefits. This info is free and online.

I am honestly disgusted with both sides for how this is rolling out to the craft.
My problem with this is the union shouldn't be holding the info hostage.
The PO should be giving us better quality info.
We should all be paid to learn the info.
This is literally a brand new pay system.

This was in the making and design phase for years.
The parties couldn't come up with a joint training that would be mandatory and paid for to all us Carriers.
In my eyes this issue isn't dues paying vs non dues paying at all.
Union has nothing to do with it. Maybe they should be trying harder to force the PO to train us because that is who employs us.

Back