• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

NRLCA. RRECS training

That's a good idea.

Will the Union support a grievance by a regular carrier because a non-union RCA caused significant damage to their route evaluation while covering said route due to lack of training?
I don't know but personally think that they should If you can prove they are doing it because of training but not that they just don't want to do it.

I went to the meetings and they said what should be counted but they didn't explain every little part. They were more interested in eating. I went to the meeting for rrecs and they were explaining and answering questions plus all of the zoom meetings and other online info. People know more than they admit and know the numbers for the formulas are bad and it doesn't look good.
Sounds like you did not go to an actual Mail count seminar. Every specified item was explained thoroughly with multiple questions answered about each. Sounds like more of your state meetings that you went to or district or County or whatever you call them in your neck of the woods.

Sounds like you did not go to an actual Mail count seminar. Every specified item was explained thoroughly with multiple questions answered about each. Sounds like more of your state meetings that you went to or district or County or whatever you call them in your neck of the woods.
That's what it was. This hasn't happened yet, maybe some formal training will happen.

New Mini Mail Survery posted by NRLCA.

Guess what? Can't even comment on Facebook. Probably didn't want anymore backlash from many carriers

Exactly my point. My area… union pacify management, thus different answers for same question
Found out that the mgmt training is also for Stewards & a member of the USPS mgmt team is training with the Union. It is a Collaboration.
RADAR is available for viewing now but it is a few days behind & will be for a while. Mgmt. can pull it up & although it does show the presorts, the numbers may not be listed correct to the day they actually were received.

Found out that the mgmt training is also for Stewards & a member of the USPS mgmt team is training with the Union. It is a Collaboration.
RADAR is available for viewing now but it is a few days behind & will be for a while. Mgmt. can pull it up & although it does show the presorts, the numbers may not be listed correct to the day they actually were received.

Js.... sheezy Louisy.... the thing hasn't even started, and we're already talking about stuff being behind and not accurate.... js.... and all of the data for the PAST 12 MONTHS is supposed to be all hunky dory???? Yeah, RIGHT!?!?!? ..... :unsure: 🤷‍♂️🐐(n):oops:🤯

I've been told (and Ronnie confirmed in his video) that it is one day behind. I have been getting the report in my office and for my route, at least, the numbers for AFSM100 and the shrink wrapped bundles appears to be accurate enough, FWIW.

I haven't checked NLM yet but I will today.

I've been told (and Ronnie confirmed in his video) that it is one day behind. I have been getting the report in my office and for my route, at least, the numbers for AFSM100 and the shrink wrapped bundles appears to be accurate enough, FWIW.

I haven't checked NLM yet but I will today.
What does NLM stand for? TIA

What does NLM stand for? TIA
Non linear mail. It’s letter sized mail that comes in order sorted by route. An example would be like a coupon book (think BJs or Costco). It’s in delivery order but not every address gets one and the clerk does not sort it. In my office, each route will get a tray.

I don’t know if I’m explaining this clearly! Maybe someone else will chime in with a better explanation!

ETA: I just thought of another example of NLM—those Viking Cruise brochures.

Last edited:
I’m not sure what you are asking. If you don’t get automated sort flats, then this column will be “0” on this report.

AFSM is not the same as FSS, if that’s what you’re asking.
no not fss... our flats come in tubs filled with raw letters, packages, candy wrappers, loose papers and flats, registered bag, pile of labels strewn in...
so thinking, this mailcount, might be our only opportunity to count flats, for an entire year average?
small towns might be hosed

no not fss... our flats come in tubs filled with raw letters, packages, candy wrappers, loose papers and flats, registered bag, pile of labels strewn in...
so thinking, this mailcount, might be our only opportunity to count flats, for an entire year average?
small towns might be hosed
Sounds like an issue you need to address with your supervisor. Getting rid of debris that’s being sorted to your route sounds like Miscellaneous Time to me. All the other stuff should be sorted (raw letter, parcels, etc.) and put wherever it goes in your office (hot case, accountable area, hamper).

AFSM flats are flats that are sorted at the plant and belong to your route. Thats what should be in that tub. It should have a sticker on it with the date and route number.

Non linear mail. It’s letter sized mail that comes in order sorted by route. An example would be like a coupon book (think BJs or Costco). It’s in delivery order but not every address gets one and the clerk does not sort it. In my office, each route will get a tray.

I don’t know if I’m explaining this clearly! Maybe someone else will chime in with a better explanation!

ETA: I just thought of another example of NLM—those Viking Cruise brochures.
That's what I thought. Couldn't think of an example though. 🤷‍♂️

Back