• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

opm deposit ?

stillfirstclass

I just got my first deposit, about 1/4 of what it will be when normal... my ?, does the supplemental ss and retirement come in one deposit? or are they 2 deposits? thanks
edited to also say, i have gotten no info on my retirement, no password nothing

Reactions: K
stillfirstclass -- [ retirement issues ]

-- Welcome to the "other side"! Apparently you did not get run over by "DB".

-- If you can not log on to Liteblue, the USPS has cut ties with you. ( not a bad thing )

-- OPM's first check is "usually" 70-80% of what a "normal" amount should be.

-- No idea about the supplemental SS amount. Could be the 1/4 amount was from SS. SS and OPM are different departments, so possibly different deposits. Will your bank tell you where the deposit came from?

-- OPM will be sending 2 envelops -- one has your account info and the other will be a temporary password. ( at least that was the way it was done long ago ) Previous retired posters have said they got their password about 2 weeks after retiring.

-- Enjoy the other side.

-- If you can not log on to Liteblue, the USPS has cut ties with you. ( not a bad thing )

-- No idea about the supplemental SS amount. Could be the 1/4 amount was from SS. SS and OPM are different departments, so possibly different deposits. Will your bank tell you where the deposit came from?

-- OPM will be sending 2 envelops -- one has your account info and the other will be a temporary password. ( at least that was the way it was done long ago ) Previous retired posters have said they got their password about 2 weeks after retiring.

-- Enjoy the other side.
closer to 2 months than 2 weeks thanks for the reply!

Concur with above info. Most save up 6 months of funds or annual payout to wait for OPM finalization. It's not generally OPM that is the delay, it's USPS HR not responding to OPM requests for official employment records to determine lwop, leave and pay status. OPM can usually finalize in a week once USPS complies with data info.

Concur with above info. Most save up 6 months of funds or annual payout to wait for OPM finalization. It's not generally OPM that is the delay, it's USPS HR not responding to OPM requests for official employment records to determine lwop, leave and pay status. OPM can usually finalize in a week once USPS complies with data info.
my annual check with my last work hours was close to 5 figures before taxes.. i can go awhile yet, but hurry up and wait for the post office
my hips don't hurt.. my shoulder and elbow are good during the day but bother at night yet.. now my cheeks hurt! from smiling too much :)

my annual check with my last work hours was close to 5 figures before taxes.. i can go awhile yet, but hurry up and wait for the post office
my hips don't hurt.. my shoulder and elbow are good during the day but bother at night yet.. now my cheeks hurt! from smiling too much :)
Isn't it fantastic how much better your body feels? Or maybe it's the mental shift away from irritations😉

-- Enjoy the other side.
Supplemental does not come from SS it comes from OPM It's been quite a while since I retired and don't recall exactly how long it took to get the supplemental and get the correct annuity amount. It wasn't that long, maybe three months and I believe it was all on one check.

Supplemental does not come from SS it comes from OPM It's been quite a while since I retired and don't recall exactly how long it took to get the supplemental and get the correct annuity amount. It wasn't that long, maybe three months and I believe it was all on one check.
I’m already past supplement eligibility but let me get this straight… the social security supplement is not administered by SS ?

update:
4 days ago called opm... requested info to be mailed again, (person said he did it while on the phone with me) so now am missing original and replacement!!!!!!! for your info, been 2 months and he said to expect another 2 - 3 before finalized, which would make the time frame 4 to 5 months :(

update again...
this saturday my password expires, so i called opm, and asked about mailing the welcome letter for a 3rd time, she said no, only been 5 days since last one mailed out, give it more time lol i m not.
i asked what happens this weekend when password expires? she said call back and someone will help me! not feel ing warm and fuzzy about this

Were you, or anybody else here able to recently find the LiteBlue video on completing the application.... I looked and couldn't find it.... :unsure: 🤷‍♂️👉🧐
i watched it in january, it was helpful, prepared me for retirement counseling... i had papers i printed out on line filled in already and i thought were perfect and would fill in book while talking to counseler, worked perfectly and mailed in same day... MAKE SURE YOU HAVE FUNDS AVAILABLE, i retired with 9 months of savings, kinda leaning towards thinking i will need it

Back