• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

POLL: Will yout route gain or lose under RRECS???

Will your route gain or lose under RRECS???

• I have crunched the numbers and I believe I will lose.

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • I have crunched the numbers and I believe I will gain.

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • I have NOT crunched the numbers but I believe I will lose.

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • I have NOT crunched the numbers but I believe I will gain.

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • At this point, I'm not really sure.

Votes: 15 28.8%

• Total voters
Go read your post #54 in the "Is our union helping us or hurting us?" thread of the General Discussion area... here's what YOU wrote:

I'm sorry I don't see any loss on my route coming from RRECKS. I'm currently taking up to 8 minutes to deliver some parcels, while being paid 10 seconds to deliver them. Those 10 seconds are not covering the smalls into the box now as we are being shafted. Are you saying the 2-3 hours shown to be lost in other areas is greater than the 9 gained by the average route FOR PARCELS? Did every kid in your math class get a trophy for being an outstanding student?
Please explain how using the RRECKS examples from this site would cause most rural carriers to lose. I don't see it...

Apparently, based upon the votes shown above, many are not seeing RRECS as a big winner for their routes... if you think it's a winner for you, well, good luck with that.... :rolleyes:

You're free to have your opinion, as we all are... ain't life grand just like that... (y)

Are you really incapable of seeing how you’re wrong? You made up a quote. He never said he had a 100 mile route. This whole thread got insane over you making up crap.

Are you really incapable of seeing how you’re wrong? You made up a quote. He never said he had a 100 mile route. This whole thread got insane over you making up crap.
In the past I have read of Rt2 saying he's got a high mileage route... maybe it's not over 100 miles, not sure... but the relevant issue to this thread is that he is saying he will make up other areas under RRECS based upon parcels to the door...

So my point is, I don't believe that parcels to the door will make up for all of the losses elsewhere... especially on rural high mileage routes... splitting hairs over the exact mileage on each route is beside the point, I do agree with that...

Also, on the parcels to the door deal... does anybody believe the USPS will not work to minimize those??? Larger mail box requirements, UPS & FedEx (FedUps) taking more large parcels , etc., etc... they certainly have let them pile up on us while we're not getting paid for them... I believe they could easily disappear when they do have to pay us for them... anybody seen any Amazon vans lately??? :unsure:

Last edited:
I'm still not sure why everybody is so hung up on the number of miles assigned to any particular route... that really isn't the central issue being discussed in this thread...

I started this poll based partly based upon Rt2 claiming he was gonna make up all of this time loss by parcels to the door... I think that is not likely... but I suppose time will tell... someone giving an incorrect "general" number of miles for somebody's route equates to slander??? Seems irrelevant mostly to me, and certainly not slander.... what was slanderous??? :unsure:

Again, to me the issue of this thread should be about whether we will gain or lose under RRECS....

And, in another thread... about Route Digitization... Rt2 did talk about losing 3 miles off of his route already thanks to RRECS... so not off to a very good start... imo... just sayin'.... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
To me what is relevant is what each person thinks RRECS will do to their route... not sure why everybody want to spit hairs and debate all of this other stuff that really has nothing to do with this poll...

Say what you think RRECS is gonna do for you, and be happy, or sad, whichever the case may be...

And you can "quote" me on that... ?

D.B. I never said this either: Your quote" Rt2 did talk about losing 3 miles off of his route already thanks to RRECS... "
I lost miles from digitization of the route miles noticing I was being paid 3 miles more than I drove, and then having an official mileage check. I never mentioned it was from RRECS, as we all know it hasn't been implemented yet.
Why are you obsessed with talk about me? The creator of the comparison, C$$, said you will gain over large parcels, I merely agreed.
The real question is why are you asking for a vote on whether anyone has gained or lost due to "rrecs when C$$, who developed this comparison, said he has not completed the comparison, and many things are being left out?

Last edited:
Okay, please vote on what you think will happen with your route... feel free to post messages below to explain further why you voted how you voted....
I'd really like to hear from the peeps who have spent some time and effort crunching the numbers... @C$$, ]

My route is 40 miles With 600 boxes, not to far from office. I will gain a little on drive time. I have been keeping a record of my parcels # to door and # to Box. This is were the real gain is it will be a little bit more than twice as much under new system. I'm counting in Sept because of change to L route 45K right now, but have two more hours worth of houses to add and one more hour moving in next couple of months.

A better poll would be perhaps, when will this POS new program be actually implemented ? And how much $$$ has the PO squandered on this pile of crap ?

I waste enough time working for the PO, I wont waste more time trying to figure what my route will end up being !!

RRECS is, four years late as of May 20, 2019. (Why? Too confusing, or too costly?)

Now there is a MOU that can change it. (Will it further eviscerate our standards?)

No count, either.

I feel like I see smoke, and I can't out run the fire.

Agree 300% with @Misterb120 above post... and below is another testimonial about crunching the RRECS numbers... seems much more pertinent to this topic than some of the other nonsense... just sayin'...

R5 said:
I did the numbers for my route with the new standards under rrecs a few months ago. Not good. Only really two categories that I gain on, the rest is a bloodbath. I will gain 3 to 4 hours with the drive speed matrix, and about 3 to 4 hours for large parcels to door. The ones I will lose will be about 4 hours for dps which the new standard is 86 ppm compared to 43 ppm, lose about 1 hr for small parcels, 3 hours for scanning delivery confirmation labels, 2.5 hours for flats with new standards at 11.5 ppm and 13.5 ppm compared to 10 ppm. Also lose on stamp stock, scanner setup, other office personal time, withdraw time, vehicle inspection, reload, pulldown time is next to nothing. Just from these I will lose 5 to 6 hours weekly time. This is a rough estimate because you can't take in consideration the time lost for multiple parcels or accountable to same house. You won't get 2-3 minutes per multiple parcels. Just the 5 or 6 seconds for the scan at door. Big lost that I didn't even figure in. Same for accountables. If you don't deliver to a box you won't get credit whether no mail, hold, snowbird etc. If we are trusting management to input mail footage everyday how well will that work. How many times they don't input it, or forget. Plus we are to TRUST the usps higher ups in keeping accurate numbers and they spit out an evaluation after so many months. The amount we lose to manager error, data not entered or loaded, scanner error, or the corruption of lying management who have control of the numbers, is something that cant be figured in. These errors or theft will ALWAYS go against you, not for you. If you don't agree there will be nothing you can do about it. I don't care if you kept daily totals, that will persuade noone. I have talked with some upper management that agree and know full well this is going to be real bad for the carriers. This is not being delayed because they think it's good for the rurals, as some have suggested. They want this ASAP but can't get it working due to the complexity and the technology needed to get it up and running. Consider that a blessing.

A better poll would be perhaps, when will this POS new program be actually implemented ? And how much $$$ has the PO squandered on this pile of crap ?

I waste enough time working for the PO, I wont waste more time trying to figure what my route will end up being !!
That is a BIG question to be answered... WHEN will it be implemented.... a poll would likely be pure speculation tho.... (as is this poll to some degree as well, sadly)...

D.B. I never said this either: Your quote" Rt2 did talk about losing 3 miles off of his route already thanks to RRECS... "
I lost miles from digitization of the route miles noticing I was being paid 3 miles more than I drove, and then having an official mileage check. I never mentioned it was from RRECS, as we all know it hasn't been implemented yet.
Why are you obsessed with talk about me? The creator of the comparison, C$$, said you will gain over large parcels, I merely agreed.
The real question is why are you asking for a vote on whether anyone has gained or lost due to "rrecs when C$$, who developed this comparison, said he has not completed the comparison, and many things are being left out?
Of course we all know "route digitization" is/was one of the earlier steps to implementing RRECS.... and it didn't start kindly for you and many others... I suppose we can all wish in one hand that RRECS will somehow get better for us all.... ?

I am puzzled how they were to run the ~4205 route end-to-end RRECS tests if not all of the details have been worked out... obviously we are all suffering from a GIANT lack of information here... and that is truly sad... will the NRLCA step up and enlighten us??? :unsure:

I am puzzled how they were to run the ~4205 route end-to-end RRECS tests if not all of the details have been worked out... obviously we are all suffering from a GIANT lack of information here... and that is truly sad... will the NRLCA step up and enlighten us??? :unsure:
If they are doing the tests correctly, the test would identify problems within the system. The test would identify details that needed working out.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="DB.Cooper, post: 68904, member: 4959"
If they are doing the tests correctly, the test would identify problems within the system. The test would identify details that needed working out.
[/QUOTE]

Be great if they would share a little info with us... just our paychecks and livelihoods depending on this stuff... :unsure:

Contrary to popular belief... I really am just trying to spark some conversation in hopes that we can share at least our opinions, or maybe any little bit of knowledge someone might have.... they just had the National convention... was there no talk of this or information put out??? Also, I am puzzled why we are hearing NOTHING from the "test" route peeps... we used to hear a few tidbits from them every now and then... lately nothing tho.... ?

The poll so far seems to be showing a split, with a few more thinking they will lose time... but it's not a landslide in either direction... :unsure:

Being that the comparison is not finished most of us are probably not voting. Only some carriers crunched some of the #'s to be able to vote with some knowledge of what they are voting for, others voted just on feelings. I generally go with facts, and as C$$ said his comparison is not yet done I will wait for his signal that he has finished as I'm sure, all that voted "not sure" are also doing.

Based on a ton of vague info provided with the time value release of new credits and not being a part of the Study Buddy group. I am not sure what my route would be in this new EVAL system.

I am aware of some here who were part of the study bunch. I think an independent thread should be created for them to reply, for questions we all have. Or just a simple list of questions we have for our Association to bring up about this RRECS thing at meetings in an effort to gain answers before "The Beast is Released."

IE.. What are the dimensions of large, medium, small parcels?. Who/what will determine this? How do we reference and dispute a clerks total for raw? or processed banded letters? Where is my time to count this in case I want to dispute a clerk count? What is, or how are items counted when we have no access or business closed and bring them back the next day? ETC...

Just saying... They are cherry picking at our times with this new deal and if you are not paying and counting/verifying the clerk or their MTEL numbers daily it could lead to a huge hit in EVAL due to their lackadaisical concern of our pay because in a rush to open the front window.

RRECS is, four years late as of May 20, 2019. (Why? Too confusing, or too costly?)

Can we sue? I'm serious - Sue NRLCA / Sue USPS / Sue Arbitrator - There HAS to be a young lawyer(s) out there looking to get a name or experience in Union Law.

If RRECS development is costing a lot of dough every year - That is dough that could have instead improved the wages/benefits of Rural Craft members. 4 Years of Dough!

National Labor Review Board is your next step outside of the association, by a privately hired attorney that likely specializes in administrative and contract labor law.
Is the NLRB also where the association could have went after Clarke foisted "patently unfair" Table 2 on rurals?

Back