• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

POLL: Will yout route gain or lose under RRECS???

Will your route gain or lose under RRECS???

• I have crunched the numbers and I believe I will lose.

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • I have crunched the numbers and I believe I will gain.

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • I have NOT crunched the numbers but I believe I will lose.

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • I have NOT crunched the numbers but I believe I will gain.

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • At this point, I'm not really sure.

Votes: 15 28.8%

• Total voters
Imho they're already doing it and crunching the numbers
Thanks for all of your work @C$$ and others that have looked at RRECS to help us all better understand what lies ahead for us!!!

My fear, is what if all the large parcels suddenly disappear??? What if the UPS & FedEx (FedUps) peeps start taking all of the to-the-door parcels, and we're left with just mailbox deliveries... imo, it's not beyond the USPS to alter delivery patterns to benefit them $$$ financially.... we've all seen what they can do during mail counts... just sayin'... :unsure:

Being that the comparison is not finished most of us are probably not voting. Only some carriers crunched some of the #'s to be able to vote with some knowledge of what they are voting for, others voted just on feelings. I generally go with facts, and as C$$ said his comparison is not yet done I will wait for his signal that he has finished as I'm sure, all that voted "not sure" are also doing.
Yes, @C$$ was one of the 1st to post in this thread, and he seemed to indicate in that post that a lot of this might come down to parcels to the door... but, as I've said before, I'm concerned the USPS could work to reduce our parcels to the door via mandating larger mail boxes, or making sure we get fewer of the large parcels from Amazon, UPS & FedEx (FedUps), etc... maybe we'll just have to sit back and say it is what it is, whenever it gets here... whenever that might be... :unsure:

Looking at the latest poll #'s... of the 9 who have crunched their numbers... 6 say they'll lose time, and half that number, 3 say they'll gain...
Of the peeps who haven't crunched the numbers... 7 think they'll lose, and 6 gain.... so these peeps are a bit more optimistic, but with no real basis..
and then we got 8 who are unsure... so I guess they're not even willing to hazard a guess....

Lot's of uncertainty out there... says a lot about the lack of information we've gotten on this beast.... 4+ years and counting, past when it was supposed to be done and implemented... ?

Last edited:
Yes, @C$$ was one of the 1st to post in this thread, and he seemed to indicate in that post that a lot of this might come down to parcels to the door... but, as I've said before, I'm concerned the USPS could work to reduce our parcels to the door via mandating larger mail boxes, or making sure we get fewer of the large parcels from Amazon, UPS & FedEx (FedUps), etc... maybe we'll just have to sit back and say it is what it is, whenever it gets here... whenever that might be... :unsure:
Larger mailboxes: already happening...they give rebates at purchase for larger ones...
Parcels to the door: 8 hours is 8 hours...large parcels or no large parcels...imho, the USPS wants everyone at 8 hours...no more big routes/ big pay checks...

If we go to 40 hour weeks, be nice, if we got the city side pay... in that regard, our Table 1er's can somewhat empathise with the Table 2er's... in fact, I think our Table 1 is on about par with NALC Table 2... :unsure:

EXACTLY why I support hourly...that and all the ways to maintain or beat eval have disappeared..except...running....?
I think that's right... they cut, and cut, and then pressure peeps on their barebones evals... and then they wonder why peeps are running and getting in to accidents... ?

And, yes, what is the point in even having an eval system, if there is no incentives??? Just go hourly and take our time, like everybody else.... clock milkers.... ?

Last edited:
Can we sue? I'm serious - Sue NRLCA / Sue USPS / Sue Arbitrator - There HAS to be a young lawyer(s) out there looking to get a name or experience in Union Law.

If RRECS development is costing a lot of dough every year - That is dough that could have instead improved the wages/benefits of Rural Craft members. 4 Years of Dough!
I've been saying sue the association for about 5 years...they've been in violation of their own mission statement for at least that long..
As for this poll, I would like to see the option: ' I believe it will be a wash'....

Last edited:
Basically, as carriers, we have 3 choices as to why RRECKS hasn't been implemented.
1) The USPS would lose money overall and they are delaying that loss.
2) The NRLCA is such a caring union they are delaying RRECKS from being implemented due to the loss carriers will take from it.
3) RRECKS is too hard to implement due to the overwhelming amount of data needed to be collected.
I believe it is #1. I don't think most here would go with #2.
#3 could play some type of roll, but the USPS was able to get all the data , no matter how hard it was, to implement DPS and FFS when they saw $ savings.

I have to wonder if the USPS got ripped off and sold a bill of goods with this RRECS pile of :poop:...

I mean, apparently in the beginning, it was envisioned that this effort should take about a year or so to complete, start to finish...

But, as with MANY Gov't contracts... the contractor benefits by over-complicating the effort and dragging it out forever....

And, why does it NOW need further testing and fine tuning to implement????

I mean, it was YEARS over schedule and $$$ budget.... did they not have time to adequately test and fine tune it in ALL of those YEARS while it was over budget and schedule???

Who was the Gov't contracting officer for this contract??? Has the USPS OIG looked in to this matter??? Has anyone made a FOIA request regarding this contract??? Just wonderin'... :unsure:

Where is that person who was worried about "stealing"... was this RRECS beast a case of fraud, waste and abuse??? :oops:

Last edited:
Can we sue? I'm serious - Sue NRLCA / Sue USPS / Sue Arbitrator - There HAS to be a young lawyer(s) out there looking to get a name or experience in Union Law.

If RRECS development is costing a lot of dough every year - That is dough that could have instead improved the wages/benefits of Rural Craft members. 4 Years of Dough!
suits go both ways. could the po sue because they have overpaid carriers? or would it simply be 70,000 letters of demand sent out? i'm not seeing how low mileage, high box routes are going to overcome, the loss of box factor, they are now receiving.

Larger mailboxes: already happening...they give rebates at purchase for larger ones...
Parcels to the door: 8 hours is 8 hours...large parcels or no large parcels...imho, the USPS wants everyone at 8 hours...no more big routes/ big pay checks...
i remember a study that the po was doing in broomfield, co. where the po gave and possibly installed, everyone that would take one, the largest mailboxes i've ever seen. this was about 10 years ago, and it was looking at the time it took to deliver large parcels, and what could be saved by customers having larger mailboxes. it could easily eliminate 75% of trips to the door, that i have.

Last edited:
suits go both ways. could the po sue because they have overpaid carriers? or would it simply be 70,000 letters of demand sent out? i'm not seeing how low mileage, high box routes are going to overcome, the loss of box factor, they are now receiving.
I cannot understand how anybody will gain time on this nonsense, from the standards I have seen discussed so far... 86 ppm for DPS... you've got to be effing kidding me.... 43 ppm was ridiculous....

Btw, my apologies, I think maybe I was confusing MON with Rt2 when thinking of somebody having a high mileage rural route... pretty sure MON is not gonna say he has a low mileage suburban route... but I could be wrong... wouldn't be the 1st time... probably won't be the last... just sayin'... ?

Yeah, I was just saying that somehow I mentioned Rt2 having a high mileage route previously, and I was thinking of posts that you had made, and confused it with Rt2.... not really all that relevant now... just thinking out loud...

There's only been a few that have said they think they'll gain.... and I'm skeptical that they will, but I suppose they know their own routes better than I do... so who knows... it seems like one big goat-rope to me.... I hope they'll put it off long enuf that I can get out of Dodge before it gets here... ?

i remember a study that the po was doing in broomfield, co. where the po gave and possibly installed, everyone that would take one, the largest mailboxes i've ever seen. this was about 10 years ago, and it was looking at the time it took to deliver large parcels, and what could be saved by customers having larger mailboxes. it could easily eliminate 75% of trips to the door, that i have.
Wow...10 years ago!???

Back