• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Regulars forced to work Sunday

timetogo

My office is a disaster. We are days behind on priorities Amazon’s etc. Big wigs from district mandatored regular carriers
in today. I thought this was voluntary? Management had two subs on a regular routes where regulars were on vacation.Regulars had to carry their own routes parcels. Supervisor told one of the subs doubled on on a rural route to carry city parcels instead. I am going to call National tomorrow to see if this allowed. Also last week our parcels got up so late were told to make two trips. Carriers went over twelve hours plus had second trip miles and loading time. Supervisor said time keeping system will not allow second trip plus overtime. Which are we supposed to get? Our parcels were up at 2:45 in the afternoon last week! Thanks for any help.

Sunday is Voluntary. File a grievance or contact your Union Rep so they can file a Class Action for all who were forced in.

On the 2nd trip LAST WEEK pushing carriers into Overtime, mgmt is correct. Once you go into overtime, you are already being paid the TIME for the 2nd trip so the only addition is EMA if over 40 miles for the day.

Subs have the right to run RURAL routes but they should contact their Union Rep as to grieving it.

Last week before the start of xmas overtime Is when the regulars were over 12 plus had to run second
trips. Supervisor says we can not be paid for both in the same day. Is this correct? And which trumps?
Over 12 or second trip pay? I was thinking the same thing about the MOU when I was out delivering my 7 th day.
What a bunch of crap. Being carrying over 300 packages a day.

@stamps Thanks for the information. I did contact my DR on Saturday about being forced in on Sunday.
Hopefully she calls me on Monday.

@ 30 thanks it was a total shock to be mandatored in on Sunday. And my overtime rate is not to
hot this year with all the hours from political mail. ☹️

Contact national and ask them to put out a clarification on on mou with USPS for mgrs. Otherwise, we will all be putting out spot fires in offices.
I am calling national tomorrow. It is outrageous that ther were two subs scheduled to one route (on two routes), and then the supervisor supposedly told one of them to carry city parcels! I am going to find out if that happened tomorrow. It was crazy no supervision for rural parcels everywhere. Over 250 today and whole cage filled with large one stacked around for Monday.Could hit 400 parcels tomorrow.

Last week before the start of xmas overtime Is when the regulars were over 12 plus had to run second
trips. Supervisor says we can not be paid for both in the same day. Is this correct? And which trumps?
Over 12 or second trip pay? I was thinking the same thing about the MOU when I was out delivering my 7 th day.
What a bunch of crap. Being carrying over 300 packages a day.
Over 12 trumps. The reason for “2nd trip Pay”is to pay you for something that isn’t included in your evaluation. Once you go into overtime, you are being paid for that 2nd trip but it’s included in that 12+ hours. EMA is what needs to be paid if applicable.

Over 12 trumps. The reason for “2nd trip Pay”is to pay you for something that isn’t included in your evaluation. Once you go into overtime, you are being paid for that 2nd trip but it’s included in that 12+ hours. EMA is what needs to be paid if applicable.
Thanks I didn’t want to be shorted, it was really long days last week. over 13 hours one day. I have a LLV. Was issued one about 25 years ago.

Prior to Saturday, if you exceeded 12+ hours in one day you are paid the additional time beyond 12 hours. For example, if you had worked 13 hours on an 8 hr route you would be paid your eight plus one hour at time and a half. You still gave them 4 free hours. Unless you exceeded 56 hours for the week.

Prior to Saturday, if you exceeded 12+ hours in one day you are paid the additional time beyond 12 hours. For example, if you had worked 13 hours on an 8 hr route you would be paid your eight plus one hour at time and a half. You still gave them 4 free hours. Unless you exceeded 56 hours for the week.

Yes they got plenty of free hours out me last week. One second trip was almost 25 miles. Our clerks couldn’t get the parcels up. They have been working like this for the last year. City carriers have been making second trips daily for a year.
We had hundreds of UBBM tubs stacked in our office. 5 months worth, PM got scared and got it cleaned up 2 weeks ago. Clerks found a first class letter for my route post marked from June!

@stamps Thanks for the information. I did contact my DR on Saturday about being forced in on Sunday.
Hopefully she calls me on Monday.

timetogo PLEASE KEEP US INFORMED HOW THE NEW NRLCA LEADERSHIP HANDLES THIS.

Specifically please let us know if they force you in again this coming Sunday, and in the event we are Closed For Business on Wednesday, if they ORDER Regulars in again on Wednesday.

THANK YOU FOR BEING A VOICE FOR THE RURAL CARRIER'S

Specifically please let us know if they force you in again this coming Sunday, and in the event we are Closed For Business on Wednesday, if they ORDER Regulars in again on Wednesday.

Thanks we have a very good DR here . I know she will be calling me back today. I will let you know what national has to say and if we are forced in. I have seen 2 postmasters removed in 28 years,and this is the worst one yet. He knows his stuff which is even more appalling. He is A good bobble head and knows what to say.

I called national today and a secretary sent my call to a voicemail. So I left a message with a brief explanation of what happened including pulling a RCA from Rural to take city parcels. So far no call back. My DR called back and
was pissed that I called National. She felt it looked like she can’t handle her territory. I told her National should send out a memo stating that regulars can not be forced in on Sunday. She said it has not happened any where else in our district.
So I am filing a grievance and she is going for penalty overtime pay. Which I assume is double time.
She told me to let the other regulars forced in to contact her if they want to file their own grievance for pay.
I doubt anyone will. I don’t think I will be forced in again. I will let you know if that happens. Another carrier told me our postmaster was told to help carry mail in another office. Maybe he is on th sh*t list now.

I

I added my hours and I did go over 60. My DR said they will have to pay on a 8127 the second trip and send to district for approval.

Good for you on calling national. Your DR is wrong to criticize you for calling. She should be thankful for a carrier who cares enough to make the call. And national needs to know it happens more than they think. I know several carriers who were forced in last year. They were too scared to call. And this BS call of people having to initiate individual grievances is for the birds. If they mandate more than one carrier in, that's a class action grievance. I'm tired of stewards too chicken to help their members.

Many stewards are diligent in defense of the contract. But, man, the directives which came from national in the last 5 years are membership negligence at best. I'm so hoping for a bolder leadership group.

timetogo
Any new news on your 3 ring circus?
Were you forced in today?
What about this coming Sunday?
Anyone from National ever return your call?

timetogo
Any new news on your 3 ring circus?
Were you forced in today?
What about this coming Sunday?
Anyone from National ever return your call?

Hey, there is hope! On my way to work @7:00 Chicago time I received a call from the president Mr. Stutts. He asked me about the facts andy is notifying the Director of Labor Relations. I worked today,and they had placed a volunteer list up for rural’s to sign up to work. All regulars only had to carry parcels for their own routes until they reached their evaluation.
If you went into overtime that is ok. Regulars whose day off was today were allowed in also.. Today was totally voluntary.

City and clerks were mandatory.

I had over 300 parcels again. Our office has a major problem with getting the parcels up on time. So Christmas season
was like dropping a bomb on our office. City carriers the last two years everyday have to go out and deliver and come back for the rest of their packages. Very costly.

Back