1st special count im nervous

Toolate

Best answers
Pull anything and everything out of dps and fss ie. holds, fwds, 3m, novm, and all the 3rd class names you do not recognize and make sure it is counted and give credit as raw mail.

PastOThirty

Best answers
A thought just crossed my mind. During the middle of Covid a brand new assisted living / Senior housing complex opened up. One of the buildings is an apartment building complete with cluster boxes located inside on the bottom floor. So here's thing, because of Covid they don't want vistors, such as myself, spending anymore time in the building than necessary. Therefore I leave mail for all the recipients at the reception desk. Had Covid not been a thing I would be delivering to 20+ mail boxes, but because of Covid I make one delivery to one desk. My concern is that I'm not going to get credit for the 20+ individual recipients.
They are active addresses and the situation is temporarily accommodating the customer because the post office won’t allow carriers to enter into binding contracts/assume liability on behalf of the government in order to adhere to the secondary/more strict guidelines of state licensing agencies for care centers.

You sort the mail by address/unit number, and bundle it for customer agent distribution. You don’t toss them a jumbled mess of unsorted mail. You do address verification on every letter and don’t toss a bundle of dps without pulling at least 3M mail out and call it good.

You process individual per unit holds and forwards.

The only thing really changing is the footage, parcel lockers, and collection compartments. Losses, but not the loss of a couple dozen or more addresses would mean. Addresses can share a box or drop. It isn’t a common, but it is a thing, and our concern is addresses, not mail receptacles. You shouldn’t stress, but have an ADR number handy.

too many yrs left

Best answers
A thought just crossed my mind. During the middle of Covid a brand new assisted living / Senior housing complex opened up. One of the buildings is an apartment building complete with cluster boxes located inside on the bottom floor. So here's thing, because of Covid they don't want vistors, such as myself, spending anymore time in the building than necessary. Therefore I leave mail for all the recipients at the reception desk. Had Covid not been a thing I would be delivering to 20+ mail boxes, but because of Covid I make one delivery to one desk. My concern is that I'm not going to get credit for the 20+ individual recipients.
Haven't thought this through long so I may get legit criticism but my first thought is this could actually benefit you. It won't make a huge difference but your volume factor will be higher with fewer boxes and then if you only get 1 regular box for this you will later you get to "add" 20+ boxes. They will be central so that factor will be lower but depending on how many you get to add and what your volume factor is you may be able to reach that 60 minute mark to raise your evaluation an hour. Depending on where you fall at count that initial difference may be painful so hopefully you fall on the lower end of an evaluation....

Tank

Best answers
The only thing really changing is the footage, parcel lockers, and collection compartments. Losses, but not the loss of a couple dozen or more addresses would mean. Addresses can share a box or drop. It isn’t a common, but it is a thing, and our concern is addresses, not mail receptacles. You shouldn’t stress, but have an ADR number handy.
Not stressing, just a concern about getting it right. Stress is having 45 plus houses being built right now and being occupied in the next two months. My route is being counted now (44K) and will be close to busting by Thanksgiving, and this is a new route, less than a year old.

Voglio-il mio

Best answers
Not stressing, just a concern about getting it right. Stress is having 45 plus houses being built right now and being occupied in the next two months. My route is being counted now (44K) and will be close to busting by Thanksgiving, and this is a new route, less than a year old.
That's at least 3 more hours, and you know you will be bombarded with packages. All new homes are accessorized in early Amazon and they will be occupied by Xmas I feel sorry for you!

Huntress

Best answers
As far as I know My route wasn't validated as meeting the quality threshold as stated below. Is there a time limit to do this? No one mentioned anything about it
is not having it done helpful to me?
Who performs this validation?

Exception: If fewer than 2,400 pieces of DPS
mail are averaged per week during the entire
mail count period and/or the route was not val-
idated before the count as meeting the 98 per-
cent quality threshold, mail processed as DPS
will be cased and recorded as sector/segment
in Column 2 on PS Form 4241 (Rural Delivery
Statistics Report), or if it does not qualify as
sector/segment mail, recorded in Column 1,

btdtret

Best answers
Huntress -- " As far as I know My route wasn't validated as meeting the quality threshold as stated below [ average fewer than 2400 pieces of DPS per week during count ]."

-- You won't know the DPS average [ 2,400 pieces per week ] until ALL the End Of Run ( EOR ) reports have been collected at the end of count.

-- Well, actually, you should as that would be about 400 pieces a day. Our office used a "standard" of 425 pieces in a ( full ) tray of DPS. Of course, that would depend on the tray's contents ( postcards vs something like VAL-PAC's or the Money Mailer envelopes )

-- The 98% quality is for routes getting DPS for the first time. Your OP mentioned having DPS -- when did your route first get DPS?

-- It just means that if the route does not meet the 2,400 DPS pieces per week, the letters get recorded in Column 1 or 2 ( higher value ) instead of Column 3 ( a lower value ).

Huntress

Best answers
My route is getting counted with dps for the first time so how does not having a quality review affect my count?

RDruckus

Best answers
If management did not follow proper protocol in establishing DPS on your route, it needs to be grieved immediately.

(This part is just my opinion and experience talking:

DPS reviews should be requested after counts, not before them.
Somehow the plant can get the DPS perfect for the count timeframe, but they don't keep up to that standard for long.
Also, I request the Quantity DPS Review, not the one for quality.

I am left with the impression that this is not what you're asking about, that perhaps your route was never certified with DPS.
I'm still telling you this, because it can help you recover from a disastrous count.
Good luck.)

Huntress

Best answers
Thank you so much I'm really questioning this statement below. I cannot find anywhere in the manual that it's for routes counting dps for the first time so I thought it needed to be done for every route before a count

/or the route was not validated before the count as meeting the 98 per-
cent quality threshold,

Huntress

Best answers
One more question. I have a three boxes I can close to bring me back down to a non L for the count should I even bother trying to get this rushed in now since I'll be adding more than that back in the coming weeks? Will it even matter? I was planning on handing in my edit book tomorrow with these vacants but then I thought won't that screw up any edit book time I would get from the count?

PastOThirty

Best answers
One more question. I have a three boxes I can close to bring me back down to a non L for the count should I even bother trying to get this rushed in now since I'll be adding more than that back in the coming weeks? Will it even matter? I was planning on handing in my edit book tomorrow with these vacants but then I thought won't that screw up any edit book time I would get from the count?
Edit books are probably locked from changes this close to count. And depending on situation you may want to be less eager to expedite activation on the recently vacants anyway.

Huntress

Best answers
The houses only effect my L status not my pay they are in my bank. I thought I read on here I can update my edit book all the way up till the last day of the count. My edit book was gone over a month or else I would have done it sooner

btdtret

Best answers
Huntress -- " I thought I read on here I can update my edit book all the way up till the last day of the count. My edit book was gone over a month or else I would have done it sooner."

-- Check pages 34 and 35 in the 2018 Mail Count Guide - Edit Book - Column 17 Credit.

- An average weekly time required for the Edit Book and associated worksheet ( used when the Edit Book is being held ( captive ) by the AMS personnel ) additions, deletions, and reviews will be included in Column R ( a hold over from earlier count sheets ) time for the route during the mail count. ( To get a weekly time, you will have to be timed whenever you make changes to the Edit Book. )

- The maintenance worksheet is used by the carrier to record changes in deliveries that occur on the route while the Edit Book has been submitted to AMS for maintenance. When AMS returns the Edit Book, the carrier WILL copy all changes from the Maintenance Worksheet onto the new edit sheets. THE TIME REQUIRED TO COMPLETE THE MAINTENANCE WORKSHEET IS ALSO INCLUDED AND ENTERED IN COLUMN 17.

-- Pays to check Column 17 when it comes back from District for "red lines" -- if District doesn't like the time allowed, they will put a red line through it. That is why you keep your own sheet to list timed events and the date. If manglement won't put the deleted time back, cite it in your letter / memo for reasons why you are not signing off ( agreeing ) on the numbers for count.

-- Delivery additions and deletions continue right through the last day of count.

neciat

Best answers

Deer smearer

Best answers
Here’s one that you don’t want to slip by.
Every week our advo/red plum comes with the last box first in the bundle of the next routes advo.

let’s say you get 800 advo in 20 bundles of 40. The route before you gets 39 of yours in their last bundle and you get 39 of the route after you in your last bundle.

you should be getting credit for 839 flats. You touch it it counts for your route. Same for any presort bundles of flats that are mixed. Additionally with the advo if it’s a crappy run, where every 5th one has an unaddressed cover sheet extra those are flats as well. Maybe IA UBBM but TFB. You got them they count.

Huntress

Best answers
Wow that's great thank you so much everyone
So if I close the boxes now to stay a non L then get enough houses to change to an L again later does that mean I need to get counted again right away?

hockey94

Best answers
Wow that's great thank you so much everyone
So if I close the boxes now to stay a non L then get enough houses to change to an L again later does that mean I need to get counted again right away?
Just remember dont let count person rush you when you load your vehicle and you can put your packages in delivery order, I am not sure where that is in writing, someone on here can you point you in the right direction ! Good Luck !