• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Are we getting paid?

I was asked one day about backing I said " I will tell u today but if you ask tomorrow or another day bring your stopwatch." Eyes rolled and I was not asked again. I did not admit to anything because they didn't even have a correct add on my route. ask to be paid if they question u. also the scanner cannot be used against you. the scanner only knows it was there b4 not that u backed up. . it had me backing almost .25 mile. Because the 3 point turn around doesn't show, only the retrace distance if over 50 ft. The only way they know that u r backing for sure is if they put something on the wheels of the truck. We have to carry the scanner with us so if u r walking or running with scanner how can they tell . . . I'm a fast runner.
Absolutely NOT TRUE. I was given a LOW based COMPLETELY on scanner.

p-h-d et al -- "Absolutely NOT TRUE. I was given a LOW based COMPLETELY on scanner."

-- As usual, grieve all discipline, especially when based solely on scanner data.

-- Maybe it is still an on-going process, after all, they could be dealing with "PCW" - Post-Convention Withdrawal symptoms.! But the NRLCA needs to get something out there officially to say "No discipline based solely on scanner input." Or words to that effect. Supposedly the NCLA [ that should be NALC ] has done so, but have not found anything yet in black and white.

Last edited:
Absolutely NOT TRUE. I was given a LOW based COMPLETELY on scanner.
Was it about backiing, or something else???

Something I 've noticed ... when I've had to back up... several times I've noticed, an SPM is triggered at the very next box... so I think it's related.... not sure if they're trying to say, hey we saw that, or if they're trying to do some sort of calibration or whatever ... from my perspective, if I backed up, it was because it was something necessary at the time... I was there, they weren't... they didn't see what I saw, via their little red dots or whatever.... just sayin'.... :unsure:

p-h-d et al -- "Absolutely NOT TRUE. I was given a LOW based COMPLETELY on scanner."

-- As usual, grieve all discipline, especially when based solely on scanner data.

-- Maybe it is still an on-going process, after all, they could be dealing with "PCW" - Post-Convention Withdrawal symptoms.! But the NRLCA needs to get something out there officially to say "No discipline based solely on scanner input." Or words to that effect. Supposedly the NCLA has done so, but have not found anything yet in black and white.
And you won't find it either. Because it's not there. This "union" is gutless. Even to the point of (appearing to be) in bed together with the USPS.

post 5

there's this thread too

Last edited:
For those of you who don’t believe you can be watched, there is an app called 360, you can put it on your phone and share with friends or family, not only does it show you where they are, it tells you how fast they are going and it will store the information, and you can go back to it.

For those of you who don’t believe you can be watched, there is an app called 360, you can put it on your phone and share with friends or family, not only does it show you where they are, it tells you how fast they are going and it will store the information, and you can go back to it.

I have it on my phone, my family monitors me because of route stalker. It has failed to work properly, from time to time.

Make sure you note it in the comments section of your 4240.

In red ink.

Then highlighted.

Grieve if not paid 8127 time.
Question.....we have 2 new RCA's and we want to keep them, I am the most experienced RCA except for the one in our office who has Auxillary, so I am taking time to help them get organized after I get myself ready the two days I have helped I have done the 3 hr auxillary. . The faster they hit the streets the more likely they will beat the truck so I help them. My PM (in a kind way) said I am going over the 3 hour Auxie and I said you know why right I am nelping the newbies? He said well the head office will see these numbers. So, says I well I know so last week I tried to write a comment on the 4240 explaining I had provided help to the other two new peeps. I was told by the clerk I cannot write anything on the 4240 that did not pertain to my own route? Is she right?

You're doing it correctly. We are supposed to carry the scanner.

My sub doesn't. Her pay will go down because she (who doesn't pay attention to anything nor go to any meetings) knows so much more than I do.

As much as a PITA it is, always carry your scanner. When this thing gets implemented, your wallet will thank you.
If her pays goes down, yours goes down correct????

I am worried about that, but have been told by people in the study that it's not quite hourly, but those who are bending/not observing proper delivery rules (i.e., read the PO-603, M-38, P-610) are really going to feel it in their wallets...then they'll slow down.

We'll see. I'm doing everything by the book and have been forever. "Demonstrated ability." Everyone makes fun of me for being "slow", but this ole tortoise is going to win the race.
My Reg and I are also doing by the book, last count she schooled me on how to make everything count and we were the ONLY ones in the office that did not loose $, we recently were told scanner data said we were 3 miles short on the scanner data, she asked for official route mileage proof, boss brought in government vehicle and measured...…….we were off by a little over a mile ……..problem solved...……..and he was amazed...…..we both believe whatever one of us does to cut corners will affect the others pay...……..time will tell.....

also
Oi,

So right now there are plenty of offices that still mostly beat eval times while doing their job properly... I know there are many of you who got screwed on your own routes times... but it’s not all of us... it might even be 50/50

Here’s the thing... if the situation flips as far as you suggest, there will be just as many complaints about the new system not being fair. Just as much pushback against the new system.

When i first started... I heard about eval, and I thought to myself, ‘ah, thats how they get ya... tell ya you can make the money, but make it nigh impossible to achieve’

Many RCAs (even table two regs) live in areas where $18-20/hr is not uncommon. In my own personal debate in doing this job I made a table, showing the routes in my office and what my hourly goes to if I’m under or over by one hour increments.

At $17.78 here’s an approximation:

2 hr over eval: $14.60
1 hr over eval: $15.80
1 hr under. : $20.10
2 hrs under. : $23.80

How about table threes.? At $22.36

2 over : $18.00
1 over : $19.80
1 under:$25.20
2 under:$29.90

Sure we get the same amount at the end of the day.... but if there’s somewhere else to be etc... that’s one strong incentive!

I’ll tell ya... hearing about the offices you guys are in.... slammed with work... rcas working 7 days a week... I wish I had the opportunity... my office and surrounding area is pretty challenging to even get more than a couple days a week.... it’s gonna get worse most likely next count... our routes are over evaluated because of a special election during last count. It is possible on a route or two here to eval at 9 and do it in 6.5..... and follow the rules... it feels nice to make the money... but it’s scary as hell what will happen in the future.... as an rca... I most likely won’t stick around for it.

My point in all this.... if RRECS results in a big change in our pay.... expect many to bail... there’s two sides to this....
Also table two RCA here, I really appreciate seeing your chart...….interesting to see it that way, I am able to stick around because nearing Social Security age with previous retirement coming in but if my situation was like most I too would bail EVEN thought I LOVE this job...…..

Question.....we have 2 new RCA's and we want to keep them, I am the most experienced RCA except for the one in our office who has Auxillary, so I am taking time to help them get organized after I get myself ready the two days I have helped I have done the 3 hr auxillary. . The faster they hit the streets the more likely they will beat the truck so I help them. My PM (in a kind way) said I am going over the 3 hour Auxie and I said you know why right I am nelping the newbies? He said well the head office will see these numbers. So, says I well I know so last week I tried to write a comment on the 4240 explaining I had provided help to the other two new peeps. I was told by the clerk I cannot write anything on the 4240 that did not pertain to my own route? Is she right?
Are you doing this on your own? Then it's questionable as to whether you will be paid. Maybe if your PM is nice...

Don't do management's work for them. If they want you to help the newbies, then they will direct you to do so. Not being harsh, but realistic.

Also, clerks don't supervise us.

But. Anything which pertains to your route is written on the 4240 ( wait time, SPM scans, vehicle breakdown, flat tire, yada, yada). If you are directed to help other subs, then it gets entered on a green card.

If her pays goes down, yours goes down correct????
My Reg and I are also doing by the book, last count she schooled me on how to make everything count and we were the ONLY ones in the office that did not loose $, we recently were told scanner data said we were 3 miles short on the scanner data, she asked for official route mileage proof, boss brought in government vehicle and measured...…….we were off by a little over a mile ……..problem solved...……..and he was amazed...…..we both believe whatever one of us does to cut corners will affect the others pay...……..time will tell.....

Once upon a time, my regular and I worked well together. Then he was gone and I was the regular. My sub and I worked well together, she understood the lay of the land and that what she did on count affected not only her, but me. And visa versa.

My sub now, boy howdy. I could write a book.

However.

My understanding from people in the know that those who are cutting corners (not doing their jobs, i.e. attempting deliveries, going to the house, etc, etc), as well as running the hell out of the route are going to feel it in their checks. They will either figure it out and start doing it correctly or will sit and say, "wha hoppened?" My sub will be one of the latter and I am not inclined to feel sorry for her when it comes down. You reap what you sow.

I passed on mail count once, ( because mail count came on my vacation I already had booked) because the sub on my route was friends with the p m. He sped through the routes, did all kind of things to cut corners, and was never held accountable!!! The previous count, he cased flats that hadn’t been counted, I know because the person beside him told me. There was no way I was going to let him carry it for a week. I am pretty sure he cost me and him a lot of money,I hope rrecs will put a stop to such nonsense?

Are you doing this on your own? Then it's questionable as to whether you will be paid. Maybe if your PM is nice...

Don't do management's work for them. If they want you to help the newbies, then they will direct you to do so. Not being harsh, but realistic.

Also, clerks don't supervise us.

But. Anything which pertains to your route is written on the 4240 ( wait time, SPM scans, vehicle breakdown, flat tire, yada, yada). If you are directed to help other subs, then it gets entered on a green card.

Once upon a time, my regular and I worked well together. Then he was gone and I was the regular. My sub and I worked well together, she understood the lay of the land and that what she did on count affected not only her, but me. And visa versa.

My sub now, boy howdy. I could write a book.

However.

My understanding from people in the know that those who are cutting corners (not doing their jobs, i.e. attempting deliveries, going to the house, etc, etc), as well as running the hell out of the route are going to feel it in their checks. They will either figure it out and start doing it correctly or will sit and say, "wha hoppened?" My sub will be one of the latter and I am not inclined to feel sorry for her when it comes down. You reap what you sow.
Thanks for your response, I had no intention of being paid, I had people help me a lot when I started I was just giving back, based on your response, the clerk was right, she is a good one! I thank you, also interesting to know from someone in the know that your non compliant peeps in the PO will not hurt us if they choose not to do the work.

No offense, but if you weren't expecting to be paid, why write it on the 4240?

Plus, I don't want this thread to disintegrate (so you people who always make it so when the topic comes up...resist temptation ;) ) , but that's off the clock work. Please don't do it. You seem like a nice person and it's commendable that you want to pay it forward, but it's still off the clock. They'll figure it out. We all do. :)

Somewhere in the near future I can hear this from Management.

Since RRECS is now established you can start early anytime because these time values under RRECS were scientifically studied by a team of engineers, who only observed/ timed your doings and did not actually do any part of your daily job routine. So these time values for what you do for your EVAL pay is set in stone.

Back