• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Are we getting paid?

realroutecarrier

Are we getting paid for Everytime we have to stand at the supervisors desk and answer questions about this stupid scanner tracking system?? It's cost me about 20 minutes this week alone! I know that's not much but if it continues....

I was asked one day about backing I said " I will tell u today but if you ask tomorrow or another day bring your stopwatch." Eyes rolled and I was not asked again. I did not admit to anything because they didn't even have a correct add on my route. ask to be paid if they question u. also the scanner cannot be used against you. the scanner only knows it was there b4 not that u backed up. . it had me backing almost .25 mile. Because the 3 point turn around doesn't show, only the retrace distance if over 50 ft. The only way they know that u r backing for sure is if they put something on the wheels of the truck. We have to carry the scanner with us so if u r walking or running with scanner how can they tell . . . I'm a fast runner.

with a lot of distance between boxes, after being questioned about backing, i spent most of two days spinning the scanner back and forth by the strap on the back. i can imagine it looked like i was backing up and going forward simultaneously, while traveling down the road at 50 mph. the gyro may have been worn out, by the time i was done. i'll see if anything is said when i get back to work. i usually take my phone, and hit the stopwatch function when i go to the supers desk.

with a lot of distance between boxes, after being questioned about backing, i spent most of two days spinning the scanner back and forth by the strap on the back. i can imagine it looked like i was backing up and going forward simultaneously, while traveling down the road at 50 mph. the gyro may have been worn out, by the time i was done. i'll see if anything is said when i get back to work. i usually take my phone, and hit the stopwatch function when i go to the supers desk.
I wonder if you turn the scanner to face away from you while driving does it show you backing up box to box?

I wonder if you turn the scanner to face away from you while driving does it show you backing up box to box?
my understanding is that it is the change of direction that the gyro detects, so as long as it isn't being disturbed, the direction would be determined by the line of travel direction. i'm thinking now, that i might need to install a sub-woofer to lay the thing on, for when they try to listen in on me.

cellular gps depends on tower signals. the direction the scanner faces has nothing to do with it. I do, however, try to fake quick accelerations and quick stops sometimes. i have no idea if it works. but today i had to take three large packages to the same door. so i took the scanner three times. I really wish i could see what the computer program said i was doing..hopefully it says i was turning in circles like a confused dog..

today i had to take three large packages to the same door. so i took the scanner three times.
You're doing it correctly. We are supposed to carry the scanner.

My sub doesn't. Her pay will go down because she (who doesn't pay attention to anything nor go to any meetings) knows so much more than I do.

As much as a PITA it is, always carry your scanner. When this thing gets implemented, your wallet will thank you.

Also take your scanner even if the item doesn't have a scan............like a Don't Bend flat that would get ruin if put in a small box......or like today I had a shoe box size parcel from Japan with no scan..........had to go to porch and you bet I carried the scanner to the customers porch.

The RCA that is assigned to the route I am assigned to...........said....I don't believe the scanner can tell when I back up and isn't accurate enough to tell if I drive down every road...........I guess we will see; but I wouldn't bet on it.

Last edited:

My sub doesn't. Her pay will go down because she (who doesn't pay attention to anything nor go to any meetings) knows so much more than I do.

As much as a PITA it is, always carry your scanner. When this thing gets implemented, your wallet will thank you.

Don't forget those that come to your vehicle to retrieve their package to scan as such, not at the porch.

As a sub, I always carry the scanner with me when I get out of the truck...whether for packages scanned at the door or for delivery of hardship mail. It is is "all looked at."

Not to be parinoid, but I saw a small pretty object hanging from the black firewall in my truck the other day...never noticed it there before. Closer inspection, it appears to be a button type device. I don't believe it is something the Regular left there. Hum! Any ideas?

Back