• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Gut punched, feeling defeated

Not going to another job myself will go a little after my 5 year mark. Just going to enjoy life again wherever it takes me for a few years. Plan is end up in my cabin, will see if that’s where I land. Worse case I become a thorn in sons side till he gets his legs under him fully than off I go. Signing over house to him once he is 18 with saving to pay insurance, property taxes for 5 years.
I'd wait to sign over the house until 25. kids are often stupid and get suckered easily. I know I wasn't the smartest financially at 18.

my own kids were not reliable about finances until after 25...one is 42 and is still struggling with being gullible.
 
I had the advantage of time served. I left early to work another career that paid much better, treated me with respect and required less time investment. However, I did wait until I was eligible for parole by years. I do understand the concerns.

I hope everyone weighs the best course for themselves. My best memory usps have to do with customers, very little of office life was ever friendly or healthy. I put in for retirement the second I was able. I haven't had a single regret leaving. I hope everyone has a positive afterlife experience. I say prayers for the safety and sanity of those left behind.
Remember, "retirement" is only technically leaving the post office, having your affairs financially in order for the best arrangement. Most often it means moving to a different job, either part or full time, something you enjoy. Flexibility to fit with you visiting children or traveling, but working when not doing that. Don't let "not enough to retire" scare you, remember another job will fill in the blanks with less stress, more compatible, and enjoyment.
 
Remember, "retirement" is only technically leaving the post office, having your affairs financially in order for the best arrangement. Most often it means moving to a different job, either part or full time, something you enjoy. Flexibility to fit with you visiting children or traveling, but working when not doing that. Don't let "not enough to retire" scare you, remember another job will fill in the blanks with less stress, more compatible, and enjoyment.
lately, im trying to figure out some sort of "semi retirement" that will pay the bills until i can fully retire. 10 more years at the po seems unmanageable right now. I have some investments that will replace a good portion of my salary. I hate to leave money on the table, but not having any idea if i will ever get any substantial time off really is bothering me.
 
Back
Top