No RRECS rumor...

jtcrapper

Best answers
So F the national labor relations board via arbitration? Seems like it should be a double or nothing situation.
this has been going on since I think 2001 or 2002 the arbitrator ruled that the evaluation system was out dated and the rural pay system needed to be up dated not time standers but the entire system was out of date so lets say I have waited 20 years for this change so maybe 40 more years a change will come haha that is so funny never going to change.

WestCoastRural

Best answers
True rural routes have to drive a whole lot more than a sidewalk.

Try 4 - 5 minutes per parcel, if you are delivering properly.
I have my own paid for with my very own money.

Don't patronize me - not in the mood.
Sorry... If you found my post cocky or disrespectful. That was not my intention. I have too much respect for you. I am just sharing what I have learned and I am here to learn as well.

too many yrs left

Best answers
Right!
I’ve read it many times, I even have a rubber band marking the page in my 603. My point is no one does this “first” step, as we all know it’s a time waster and only so many people are home...
The other point I was silently making is how outdated our entire contract/rule book is. How can the union sit there and pretend we aren’t drowning in packages and we need some serious changes?
May not be popular opinion but I welcome the new PMG and some new ideas. Come on roller coaster!
I certainly wouldn't say "no one does this" because prior to Covid I certainly did. I don't wait for any one to come out but for the people that are willing they can often at least come outside by the time I have gathered up all the things I would otherwise have to lug all the way to their door.

flash

Best answers
I certainly wouldn't say "no one does this" because prior to Covid I certainly did. I don't wait for any one to come out but for the people that are willing they can often at least come outside by the time I have gathered up all the things I would otherwise have to lug all the way to their door.
You are definitely the first one I’ve heard of! Most rules that get followed or unfollowed are route dependent... no way I could ever do that on my parcel heavy route...

Oi veh.

Staff member
Best answers
I do too. :)

And my route is full of shoppers.

Love it when i have everything gathered up with one foot out the door, then here comes the customer. Silent yessssssss.

RDruckus

Best answers
Right!
I’ve read it many times, I even have a rubber band marking the page in my 603. My point is no one does this “first” step, as we all know it’s a time waster and only so many people are home...
The only places I don't honk are homes with industrial chicken houses, and for day sleepers,( before 3p.m. for the day sleepers.)
I don't feel it takes me any longer, I hit the horn after shifting to park, on my way to the parking brake.

It has saved me from a few errant dogs.

crosseyedmary

Best answers
So when will we find out if we are actually having a count? My aux route is at 39 hours now, and I have way more than I did last count. More boxes, more territory...so I'm hopeful that with a count it could become an H route.

Voglio-il mio

Best answers
So when will we find out if we are actually having a count? My aux route is at 39 hours now, and I have way more than I did last count. More boxes, more territory...so I'm hopeful that with a count it could become an H route.
1) Request verification of mileage accuracy! If mileage has changed!
2) Have 4003 updated! To make sure you are getting credit for all current delivery locations.
3) Request DPS review!

Morty

Best answers
I hate the passable road language. It should have language from the m38 to include PUBLIC passable road. And really should be struck from the rules. If I have to leave my line of travel, put the damn box at the house! So many 1/4 mile driveways and private lake communities with cluster boxes on my line of travel. Yet im going down them daily!

A private road is not passable. A private driveway is not passable. They should not receive ANY service if USPS isn't going to authorize service period.

flash

Best answers
The only places I don't honk are homes with industrial chicken houses, and for day sleepers,( before 3p.m. for the day sleepers.)
I don't feel it takes me any longer, I hit the horn after shifting to park, on my way to the parking brake.

It has saved me from a few errant dogs.
Honked, but what about waiting at box for customer to come retrieve their package??? That’s the part that’s silly imo

Windindaface

Best answers
@ Morty... Here is my route spin on Private and Driveways...

There are 16 locations I am not to door drop in the winter due to steep drive return to line of travel. I can make it down safely but can't creep up in LLV.

How do they know? Numerous tow truck calls to get me over the hill hump. One time 2 tow trucks were involved. The one who pulled down the drive could not clear the hump and got stuck. They called another tow truck. That truck was parked on main road. They ran the tow chain to the 1st tow truck hooked to my LLV and pulled both rides out.

Oi veh.

Staff member
Best answers
Me either!

" If unsuccessful, you must deliver parcels to any residence or business that is on the line of travel, or within one-half mile of the route and has a passable road leading to it. You are required to dismount to effect delivery if there is no response to your efforts to have the customer come to the vehicle, or if the customer requests that you do so."

peggymailady

Best answers
I hate the passable road language. It should have language from the m38 to include PUBLIC passable road. And really should be struck from the rules. If I have to leave my line of travel, put the damn box at the house! So many 1/4 mile driveways and private lake communities with cluster boxes on my line of travel. Yet im going down them daily!

A private road is not passable. A private driveway is not passable. They should not receive ANY service if USPS isn't going to authorize service period.
Amen!!! I feel your pain! Post Office way of saving money