• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Pickup counts (first class vs priority) and backward mail

Thanks!,,,
We have never done the certified round date thing, so I will not cheat and do it now, but I do pick up about 5-10 a day from my UPS store.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...maybe I should do this........
This is not cheating.

The count is supposed to be an accurate reflection of the work your route entails.
It's not retroactive. (Doesn't pay you for what happened in the past.)

Start the round date thing if your customers want it.
It would only be cheating if you stopped doing it after count.

This is not cheating.

The count is supposed to be an accurate reflection of the work your route entails.
It's not retroactive. (Doesn't pay you for what happened in the past.)

Start the round date thing if your customers want it.
It would only be cheating if you stopped doing it after count.

You mean like "newspapers that come addressed every week and are not addressed during mail count, but go back to being addressed after mail count" cheating? HAHAHAHA

The newspapers for my route yesterday were not addressed so the "cheating" has already begun before the count has even started. The same exact thing happened during last years count. No addressed newspapers for the 2 weeks we counted and POOF! the following week after count, they were back to being addressed again.

JS...You are a new bid route runner who never served long term this run as an RCA or fulltime cross bidder looking to bail on your run. See a name for a box not active you do not recognize on count you activate box on count,

2 weeks of no collect is normal today with E pay. Wait till box is full and 10 day pull mail and hold for pick up. No pick up? after count you deactivate 90 days later.

Last edited:
So....couldn't figure it out, so I stopped an Amazon van on my route today, and sure enough they just opened up a "distribution center" on this side of the city, he said it opened about 3 weeks ago, which is really close to my thinking of my scans all went down on September 1st.
It sucks it could not wait one more month... I lost about 150 scans a day. down from between 250-300 daily (350 on Mondays) to 130-160 daily.

Two packages, one last week, one this week to a vacant address.... should it be activated? The last one came today. It currently being held at p.o.

Who made this choice of hold at PO?

You are new to run. You deliver as ADDY says. Not your problem unless name is on PARS sticker.

I hope people are smart enough to run their own numbers as they are counting. Shout-out to frozentoes for the calculators!
ALWAYS run your own numbers, and VERIFY they've been inputted correctly SAVE every sheet you get, and if you don't get one make a duplicate or take a picture. This is your COMPENSATION for the next.....one, two, three, four years, barring any major shifts.

Two packages, one last week, one this week to a vacant address.... should it be activated? The last one came today. It currently being held at p.o.

Who made this choice of hold at PO?

You are new to run. You deliver as ADDY says. Not your problem unless name is on PARS sticker.

What is PARS?

PARS only redirects 1st class letters. Parcels and flats FWDs are your job.

JS... A bad program if they wanted to cut our numbers on count. It should also capture flats and parcels in the system. I bet a 4th grader could write the code that would do that.
Pretty sure a fourth graders did code it. No professional leaves a security hole the size of a Texas for thieves to access - like they did in informed delivery.

As to Certs picked up.... If there is postage on it. These also get a scan as a Pre Paid Pick Up Event by you and the scan credit.
So are you saying that if I pickup up a cert and scan it accepted I get credit in box 15 for a non signature scan?
I do not get it in box 23 tho because I did not actually help the customer with mailing it, or do anything extra??

Back