• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

RDWL....Pros and Cons

Good points.... currently my 4240 doesn't reflect the time and effort being allotted to my route on the days that I am off.... ?

Some might even say this is a 2nd or 3rd cousin to off-the-clock (OTC) work.... ?

Does anybody else wonder what impact this could have on "the bump"... just sayin' ... as "splits" become more common and RCA time ends up on Green Cards... does that make our routes look to be taking less time than they actually are??? Or is it just me... ?
Our PM puts it down on 4240 as Dummy Driver........we covered by splitting a route every Saturday from January to June for lack of that regular having a sub leave. I specifically asked it that would hurt the Regular's route bottom line because it showed nothing on Sat and my concern for her was RRECS not giving her credit all those Saturdays......…....he said it would be fine they know no reg is working it on Sat...….still????

Db, you have around $700 waiting for you at the end of a grievance for those weekly splits. If filed right, you should get 2 weeks, and possibly 3 weeks of 150%.

We grieved a couple years ago when they pulled two of us off the list on PROJECTED numbers.. we filed too quick and only got one Saturday at 150%.
They put us right back on when we filed and it took several months to get the pay☹️

Our PM puts it down on 4240 as Dummy Driver........we covered by splitting a route every Saturday from January to June for lack of that regular having a sub leave. I specifically asked it that would hurt the Regular's route bottom line because it showed nothing on Sat and my concern for her was RRECS not giving her credit all those Saturdays......…....he said it would be fine they know no reg is working it on Sat...….still????
I gotta believe, throughout the USPS, this adds to the "bump".... when they're splitting routes and putting "assistance" time on Green Cards.... surely some of that is not being given credit to the routes...

But, like everything, if the carriers can't be blamed for it, then nobody cares... I'm surprised someone here hasn't said this should be up to some carrier to correct... :rolleyes:

I gotta believe, throughout the USPS, this adds to the "bump".... when they're splitting routes and putting "assistance" time on Green Cards.... surely some of that is not being given credit to the routes...

But, like everything, if the carriers can't be blamed for it, then nobody cares... I'm surprised someone here hasn't said this should be up to some carrier to correct... :rolleyes:
I guess the alternative would be force this REG to have a K day besides Saturday until RCA is hired?

I've got a non-Saturday relief day, and they split it every week... so, I guess I'm just happy I got my day off... :unsure:
Yeah D.B., my K day is Monday, and I like it just fine until recently (Mondays suck + wife has Sunday/Monday off). I still haven't decided on RDWL, but have gotten really good feedback on this thread!! Thanks to everyone for that!

Yeah D.B., my K day is Monday, and I like it just fine until recently (Mondays suck + wife has Sunday/Monday off). I still haven't decided on RDWL, but have gotten really good feedback on this thread!! Thanks to everyone for that!
All the salient points have been mentioned in the pro/con balancing act. I would just add that if you're having to work anyway, $$ in the bank talks when getting called out on why the Honey Do list isn't getting attention.

A route was split in our office last Monday, 20 hours used on it with splits. Some Rca's had to drive a long way to get their part and many didn't know it well. All hours went to the route, and hurt the office overall, as far as management #'s were concerned.

Sandygirl, I was ask to do that very thing Tuesday, to pick another day for my K day besides Saturday. The Fantastic Auxie Carrier is retiring and the PM is trying to figure out to give the RCA taking her place most of Saturday off.......get off at 10:30 instead of 5. The Aux Route and the K route together don't add up to 12 hours and so I told the PM "pay me Daca 5 for Saturday (I am on the RDWL) or let the RCA work". You all know that PM's higher ups will never let them pay me DACA 5 when there is a RCA available. Checkmate!

So what are the special rules for x days from Beginning of the guarantee period to the end of Christmas? Use them in the same pay period you earn them? Someone said they were special...

Wilco183 -- "Who works routes when carrier on SL/AL? "

-- I'll guess you are referring to the regular who is next on the RDWL?

-- That regular will be skipped and the next regular on the RWDL will work.

bluewrx2001 -- "So how does it work if you have a Al day adjacent and your next on list? "

-- Check the Question Box section of the April 2019 edition of the national magazine..

-- A regular rural carrier on the RDWL will be bypassed in the rotation if the carrier has at least one day of annual leave (including an approved X-Day) or sick leave adjacent to the relief day. ( the regular carrier CAN ask NOT to be bypassed. )

Back