• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

What are your results?

The matrix being redone should only be happening if you gain RCAs or lose RCAs. A regular retiring should not change the relief day of the route unless they lost too many RCAs to afford having that most junior carrier keep the Saturday.
??‍♀️ I'm sure we're doing it all wrong lol Whenever we have a RCA become regular or junior regular hop on a route that is a Saturday off they always change it. When our office has been short subs they've changed the amount of available slots of Saturdays but once we've hired more they add more slots. Idk...

??‍♀️ I'm sure we're doing it all wrong lol Whenever we have a RCA become regular or junior regular hop on a route that is a Saturday off they always change it. When our office has been short subs they've changed the amount of available slots of Saturdays but once we've hired more they add more slots. Idk...
When advertising a route going up for Bid the relief day is listed on it, therefore could be a factor when choosing to bid on that route! So changing it after it has been awarded is wrong no matter what. If relief day or route adjustments must be made it should be done prior to it going up for Bid!

I have decided to proceed with the dps review. are there any negative future repercussions i need to be aware of?

Well, depending upon how much DPS you received this count, prevailing in the review "could" place the route in an "all of a sudden overburdened " status. Then , they probably would cut you. The target is 43K and you posted that you came back 42K so you would still gain the hour from original evaluation but be doing less work. Also, you can pretty much be assured that you will count NEXT September. You might fly under the radar and get skipped. I have seen it happen before but it is rare. Just take your DPS totals from count and put them into the sector segment column on the calculator. Make sure you have nothing in the DPS column. Everything else goes where it is suppose to go. Then, look at your NEW and IMPROVED standard hours. All the best to you and I'm pulling for you !!!!! Go get 'em !!!!

I have decided to proceed with the dps review. are there any negative future repercussions i need to be aware of?
Maybe some but don't back down. I experienced dps to the street but it only lasted till the settlement @ step 2.
My failed review was pretty close to my mailcount eval....why not!

Only 1 route was counted in our office and it went from a 44 to a 41. We had several routes that are overburdened, including our auxiliary route, and they were not counted. We brought it up to Union and it got shot down as Upper Management District said no. Mine is not one of them, but this is not right especially going into Christmas season with several overburdened routes.

Only 1 route was counted in our office and it went from a 44 to a 41. We had several routes that are overburdened, including our auxiliary route, and they were not counted. We brought it up to Union and it got shot down as Upper Management District said no. Mine is not one of them, but this is not right especially going into Christmas season with several overburdened routes.
Delay deny and hope they die. So sad. Disabilities from over exertion is a high price to pay for paper and cardboard.

I will most def be looking into this. I asked another person about it today and he said that since we are a formula office it doesn't apply to us. Saturdays off in our office (K days) are based on seniority. Once a carrier with a Saturday route jumps off that route or retires the incoming regular only keeps it for a few weeks until the matrix is re-done and it allows the next senior in line for Saturday to take it.
And that is why...imho..the formula sucks...

I got hosed on my special count as well. My route, a new one, was built from three different routes and used their volume factors averaging 2.15. However, because it's a new route it was subject to the special count. Consequently, the volume factor plunged to 1.68 as the mail and parcels evaporated for those two weeks. The upshot, I went from 45k to 41k. The real ball buster is that the three routes from which my route was built are still enjoying their higher volume factors.
Guess I'll be putting in a helluva lot of free hours this holiday season.

I swear this job makes me feel so stupid and uninformed I read about this job on the forums every day, I read the magazines and for every 1 thing I learn there are 4 things I needed to know that I find out too late
There dosent seem a way forward
adding houses are good for pay
yet having more houses are bad for volume factor
how do you find balance?
Fwiw...30 years in and I still don't know everything...plus...it changes with every new contract...

I got hosed on my special count as well. My route, a new one, was built from three different routes and used their volume factors averaging 2.15. However, because it's a new route it was subject to the special count. Consequently, the volume factor plunged to 1.68 as the mail and parcels evaporated for those two weeks. The upshot, I went from 45k to 41k. The real ball buster is that the three routes from which my route was built are still enjoying their higher volume factors.
I'm so sorry..that's a heartbreaking pay cut

No you are more likely to get overtime reaching 41hours os easier than reaching 45 hrs a week but the rst of the year you are screwed,

Back