• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

NRLCA Mini Survey Info is posted

That's why I wanted to talk more with my PM this morning. I want to know if she can access the 52 weeks of data that are going to make up my new evaluation. Can she show me those numbers? How often and when can I update the mapping on my route and make sure that nothing has been automatically eliminated?

So many questions....and continued silence from the NRLCA....
Amen!!!

I asked to see my DPM on Tuesday. Today I was able to see it. New addresses were active under the edit book tab. However I had to confirm the 4 pin points.
The extra time I added for dismounts, is gone. Add in later? Or misc. time now?
I have heard of phase 2 or mapping maintenance training.
Maintenance would be end of shift.
Anyone else?
Your dismounts will be on a lower tab on the left in DPM. Make sure they are good.

This! It’s the fact none of us can validate anything. We’re supposed to just “trust” the PO. But it’s in the PO interest to pay us as little as possible so that’s a clear conflict of interest.

Unless the NRLCA is planning a last minute grievance or NLRB complaint. But can those stop something from being implemented on such short notice?

The way I see it, there’s 3 potential ways this goes.

1. The USPS, has the data and shared the data with the union, and the union just didn’t tell us. Which would probably open the NRLCA up to a NLRB complaint by its members.

2. The USPS, has the data and didn’t share it with the union. Which would definitely look bad on the USPS behalf and would definitely open themselves up to a grievance or NLRB complaint. This would also bring the validity of the data into question if the USPS simply didn’t share it.

3. The USPS doesn’t actually have the data, and the NRLCA either knows or doesn’t know this. Which would definitely bring the validity of RRECS into contest. This would also shine negatively on the union for not pushing the issue.

Either way at least one of the parties here has dropped the ball massively. If it states data will be accessible to the carrier, and this doesn’t occur certainly this is a violation. All it would take is for people to file grievances over their October route evaluation and when the data isn’t there to support it welp the whole thing falls apart.
I would put money on #2. Only because you are starting to hear complaints from management about certain scans such as the unscannable parcel. If they feel carriers are abusing the unscannable parcel to manipulate the numbers then they have the numbers.

so I'm wondering if I'm over-looking something as well. I have copies of all the forms their using for the mini-count and there is not a section on any of them for the 3M to go back in as RAW letters. Where is this section located on these forms? thanks.
It’s in the Mini Mail Survey Training pages. The section titled Column Two Letter-Sized Manual, 2nd paragraph

(thanks to the folks here that told me it’s there, go find it. you know who you are lol)

It’s in the Mini Mail Survey Training pages. The section titled Column Two Letter-Sized Manual, 2nd paragraph

(thanks to the folks here that told me it’s there, go find it. you know who you are lol)
that's what i thought. there is no special spot on the form for it to go. you didn't understand the question.

Very very quiet about mini count that's only 10 days away. Could there be another delay since many aren't receiving any bundle flat volume? My postmaster hasn't heard anything about why we haven't received bundled flats in the RADAR report. Can't get a answer.

Very very quiet about mini count that's only 10 days away. Could there be another delay since many aren't receiving any bundle flat volume? My postmaster hasn't heard anything about why we haven't received bundled flats in the RADAR report. Can't get a answer.
Hiding mail, isn't that funny, I guess old habits are hard to break. I guess they didn't get the memo that informs them that flat bundles are counted 52 weeks a year. it's only the raw flats that we will miss getting credit for.

i just said the same yesterday.

they are manipulating volume in my area for the last week or so.
Yup. Same here. Can’t get over how few flats we’ve had recently. Dps is about 1/2 - 1 tray shorter. (Been getting a lot of mis-sents in dps tho, more than usual, but I’ll bet that’ll be fixed by survey start.)….
amazons way to light. Ups brings us very little /if any……
Things sure are feeling like the good ole mail count days…

i just said the same yesterday.

they are manipulating volume in my area for the last week or so.

I say mine has been last 3 months.

I haven't had a day close to my evaluation since Christmas. This past Monday was first one I worked basically to my evaluation. Besides that I haven't came close because I mean I can only drag my feet so long with so little of mail. Packages show up on heavier days of mail. Funny how you can go from 125 packages to 40 the next day. I'm not saying there isn't some wiggle room, but that's huge drop off.

Usually I get 2 pretty full tubs every Monday. Lately, 1 tub which is a 1/4 full. Bundled flats I was getting at bare minimum foot a day on Monday sometimes 2. Now 4-5 inches at most. DPS 5-6 trays. Monday 3 trays.

Literally I went from getting destroyed with flats and mail in the fall to I am done casing 10 minutes everyday (not counting DPS). It is ridiculous. I've talked to many other carriers and they say the same thing, it hasn't been this bad in years where the mail isn't coming.

Hiding mail, isn't that funny, I guess old habits are hard to break. I guess they didn't get the memo that informs them that flat bundles are counted 52 weeks a year. it's only the raw flats that we will miss getting credit for.

Yep the only thing is this I can think of.

If they hide the mail before the plant process, it won't count right? I wonder if they got pile of stuff in some semi-trailer just waiting for count to be over and start processing them trying to manipulate the count since Christmas is in this count

Yep the only thing is this I can think of.

If they hide the mail before the plant process, it won't count right? I wonder if they got pile of stuff in some semi-trailer just waiting for count to be over and start processing them trying to manipulate the count since Christmas is in this count
That's the good thing about the 52 weeks of DATA. whatever they hide now will have to be counted later so the results are still an average. Now as far as the Raw Flats go, if they hide them during the Mini Count it will effect the results as those two weeks are used as a multiplier for the time periods between the recalculation of RRECS evaluations. But those numbers are not a large % of the overall.

Last edited:
Back