• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

NRLCA Mini Survey Info is posted

Someone at work handed me the April Association magazine. In it says that there might be a mini survey in June if both parties agree. Why? Thought rrecs was every 6 months, not 3 months.

Here are the Office Walking distance worksheet and the route summary ( includes high option).
Ok so I got my 4241A back....the corrected one. It show me as a low k instead of a high J. I signed the 2080 Commit and checked the box for high option. I did not however but did not sign that mail count form certifying it to be correct. My paperwork shows me as low K. Can I make them fix it?

Ok so I got my 4241A back....the corrected one. It show me as a low k instead of a high J. I signed the 2080 Commit and checked the box for high option. I did not however but did not sign that mail count form certifying it to be correct. My paperwork shows me as low K. Can I make them fix it?
When the Mini survey was over.
You signed the commit for high option?
You didn't sign verifying that you agreed to the mini survey numbers?
Did your standard hours qualify your route for the high option?
What were the standard hours?
Do you have 10 years in?
If you didn't sign agreeing to the mini survey, you were supposed to provide a dispute form. What you didn't agree with. Usually it doesn't change anything. Could try grievance I suppose.
After receiving the new 4241A, you can file a grievance. Some are filing for missing CR flats, mapping issues, no data being provided, etc..
I'm sure the Forum has come up with other ideas if that's the route you would like to go.

MEMBERS ONLY?

What are Violations of Union Duties?​

The role of a union is to support employees on matters like wages, benefits, and workplace health and safety. Some violations of union obligations include:

• Threatening employees with job loss unless they support the union
  • Refusing to pursue employees’ complaints because they criticized the union or because they were not union members in states where union security clauses are not permitted
  • Striking over issues that are not related to employment or work
**********************************************************************************************
  • Retaliating against employees who have validly resigned from the union
**********************************************************************************************

Is it Retaliation against employee who validly resigned from the Union ( or never joined )
to refuse to provide details related to RRECS related evaluation procedures?

ASKING FOR A FRIEND
I've been wondering the very same thing. I've already, tentatively, reached out to the NLRB on this.

What about the DOL's Wage and Hour Division? Does anyone think this RRECS's clusterpluck could possibly register on their violations radar, at all?

When the Mini survey was over.
You signed the commit for high option?
You didn't sign verifying that you agreed to the mini survey numbers?
Did your standard hours qualify your route for the high option?
What were the standard hours?
Do you have 10 years in?
If you didn't sign agreeing to the mini survey, you were supposed to provide a dispute form. What you didn't agree with. Usually it doesn't change anything. Could try grievance I suppose.
After receiving the new 4241A, you can file a grievance. Some are filing for missing CR flats, mapping issues, no data being provided, etc..
I'm sure the Forum has come up with other ideas if that's the route you would like to go.
Thank you for your response. I am 5 years from retiring and have 19 years in. I might not have provided a reason for not signing----although I can not really remember ....although I might have said something about the tremendous amount of raw mail that I clean out of my dps on a daily basis (nor was I ever asked to give one). I am not pursuing a greivance over the results of the count and sending it to the area steward. I am not participating in the farce......nor am I checking my numbers against their numbers. Again, I am not participating in the farce. Mgt did what it was not supposed to do.....the mail was supposed to be counted. Oooh what a shocker!! So no, I am not certifying the mail count form to be correct. BTW, I NEVER EVER sign to certify mail counts.....PERIOD. I dropped to a 44K in 2018 then got boosted back to a 45K in Feb 2023, because of the mapping and the cheating in the 2018 count then fell to a 41K w RRECS so I qualify for the J option. Yes, I really worked to stay on my extra scans.....I have CBUs and dismounts. I am at peace w my new eval and planned to take high option. So I signed the 2080 commit....and I have never been a 2080 problem. I also checked the box for high option. My 4241A came back and it reads 41K. For no reason except that it does. I m going down to the PO at 10 am, Monday morning and will be filing a grievance (I keep extra ps form 50s and grievance forms in a file for just such an emergency). Do you think I can make them fix it?

Last edited:
Thank you for your response. I am 5 years from retiring and have 19 years in. I might not have provided a reason for not signing----although I can not really remember ....although I might have said something about the tremendous amount of raw mail that I clean out of my dps on a daily basis (nor was I ever asked to give one). I am not pursuing a greivance over the results of the count and sending it to the area steward. I am not participating in the farce......nor am I checking my numbers against their numbers. Again, I am not participating in the farce. Mgt did what it was not supposed to do.....the mail was supposed to be counted. Oooh what a shocker!! So no, I am not certifying the mail count form to be correct. BTW, I NEVER EVER sign to certify mail counts.....PERIOD. I dropped to a 44K in 2018 then got boosted back to a 45K in Feb 2023, because of the mapping and the cheating in the 2018 count then fell to a 41K w RRECS so I qualify for the J option. Yes, I really worked to stay on my extra scans.....I have CBUs and dismounts. I am at peace w my new eval and planned to take high option. So I signed the 2080 commit....and I have never been a 2080 problem. I also checked the box for high option. My 4241A came back and it reads 41K. For no reason except that it does. I m going down to the PO at 10 am, Monday morning and will be filing a grievance (I keep extra ps form 50s and grievance forms in a file for just such an emergency). Do you think I can make them fix it?
Fix what ?? I think whatever the outcome we got, is it for 6 months . Unfortunately.

Tanking evaluations are not good news for the management either. Fewer people to manage? Less supervisors needed; downgrade of office level equals less money for the postmaster AND the higherups will continually be on the dreaded conference calls demanding that there should be no reason why the carriers can't make their evaluations. It is definitely a case of "be careful what you wish for, you just might get it." In postal world there is definitely a trickle-down theory.
They've hired more supervisors in our office and now we have the Poom too !! 😆

That's why I wanted to talk more with my PM this morning. I want to know if she can access the 52 weeks of data that are going to make up my new evaluation. Can she show me those numbers? How often and when can I update the mapping on my route and make sure that nothing has been automatically eliminated?

So many questions....and continued silence from the NRLCA....
Exactly !! I've added numerous boxes to my route since we did this mapping crap . I have also been asking for an updated 4003 !!!

I say mine has been last 3 months.

I haven't had a day close to my evaluation since Christmas. This past Monday was first one I worked basically to my evaluation. Besides that I haven't came close because I mean I can only drag my feet so long with so little of mail. Packages show up on heavier days of mail. Funny how you can go from 125 packages to 40 the next day. I'm not saying there isn't some wiggle room, but that's huge drop off.

Usually I get 2 pretty full tubs every Monday. Lately, 1 tub which is a 1/4 full. Bundled flats I was getting at bare minimum foot a day on Monday sometimes 2. Now 4-5 inches at most. DPS 5-6 trays. Monday 3 trays.

Literally I went from getting destroyed with flats and mail in the fall to I am done casing 10 minutes everyday (not counting DPS). It is ridiculous. I've talked to many other carriers and they say the same thing, it hasn't been this bad in years where the mail isn't coming.
I've told my concerns to my supervisor . The mail seems like it's being manipulated . Customers that get mail everyday , I'm skipping a couple times a week now . Weird

Assuming, you signed the leave commitment form and are eligible, you can have them change to a J option.

Fix what ?? I think whatever the outcome we got, is it for 6 months . Unfortunately.
Well I am pursuing a grievance. I will be asking for backpay. I DID sign the 2080 commit and check the box and did provide a reason. I looked through the papers and found my copy. Apparently, the person responsible for doing it missed the deadline. This is a clear contractual violation and I'm going to see what I can do about it. I have had the discussion w management and tried to follow up with the individual who was in charge of the mail count but MYSTERIOUSLY was not available to speak with today. I will now file first thing Saturday morning. I have the envelope all addressed.
It will be sent certified mail.

No, merely changing me to a J option is simply not acceptable. I am not letting them get away with not paying me the higher pay. Somehow, I can't help but think that if it had been one of the manager's salaries at stake here, the mistake would not have been made. Call it what you will: Incompetence, negligence---I just don't care.

Last edited:
our new 4241a's came back with no changes in the numbers but the high/low options were wrong. our big cheeses said when the 4003 system opens back up they have a ton of the high/low mistakes to go back in and fix. they didn't know when the 4003 would open back up though. that's all part of another delay i think.

our new 4241a's came back with no changes in the numbers but the high/low options were wrong. our big cheeses said when the 4003 system opens back up they have a ton of the high/low mistakes to go back in and fix. they didn't know when the 4003 would open back up though. that's all part of another delay i think.
I heard someone say may 6th, but I'm not sure if that's right or not.

They should have been able to set the route type in RMSS today when they did the schedule changes. Check your 4240 tomorrow if you can.

Just learned today that safety talk time will not be counted during the survey. Values will come from rmss which is supposed to be entered daily. Hoping that everyones supe or pm has them up to date or you will lose that time.

Back